• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Fuck the system

Everyone please provide public comment...a few government organizations such as the FDA have acknowledged the crackdown is ruining pain patients lives and they are asking for public comment. The links can be found in redits chronicpain sub

Please make your voice heard..it can be anonymous also.

Throw "a history of drug abuse" into your patient history and the fun really starts. I'm astonished at the adversarial relationship I have to almost all doctors since I went to treatment for heroin addiction.

Throw "a history of drug abuse" into your patient history and the fun really starts. I'm astonished at the adversarial relationship I have to almost all doctors since I went to treatment for heroin addiction.

Now certain states are labeling patients that have never abused anything as "high abuse liability" based only on what they are prescribed. See my post in drugs in the media.

It's a reliable way to label every single person prescribed opolioids an addict and thus refuse them scripts.

At least there is plenty of heroin waiting for them since the DEA is a complete failure

Oh no. Don't tell me that. My lockbox looks like a mini drugstore.

I went to one of those walk in clinics in early 2016 after I left my husband and moved to another state. I had bronchitis and after having to list out my medicines on their check in form they gave me 1 breathing treatment, gave me my copay back and told me to go to the Emergency room.

I was sooo sick but I drove to the ER. They asked why I was there, I handed them a paper from the walk in clinic and told me to give them and they said We can't give you narcotics. ???

I said I needed antibiotics and an inhaler, not narcotics. They gave me antibiotics and refused to give me an inhaler so I spent days thinking I would die in my sleep because I couldn't breathe. I really needed an inhaler and I was confused, upset and embarrassed over the entire ordeal.

In late 2016 I aspirated Some nasty bacteria into my lungs and spent over a month in a coma, had serious lung surgery, a trach tube and 3 slashes down my side from reinflating my lungs and removing bacteria from the MRSA on my lungs. Three days after surgery they dropped my medicine to virtually nothing. For the next month I couldn't sleep, I was in terrible pain and cried a lot but couldn't speak because of the trach tube. I didn't understand until I read the first notes from the hospital in my first days there. I was a poly drug abusing female who was way over medicated. Assholes.

When I checked out they gave me an instruction sheet that told me to immediately stop taking all the medicine from my pain management doctor and they gave me prescriptions that lasted for one week of each one of my medicines.

If I had filled those prescriptions I would have been kicked out of pain management and they knew that, but I don't think they thought that I knew that. My sister even tried to get me to fill those prescriptions and I said no way! I had plenty of medicine at home and I was not breaking my contract to get one week of a lower dose of the same medicines my doctor was giving me.

Now when I get sick I don't go to those clinics. I stay home and deal with it. Next week when I go see my PM doctor I'll ask for an inhaler (breathing is always a problem after lung surgery) because I refuse to go to another walk in clinic and deal with that again.
I'll be glad to move back up where my p.m. doctor is early next year so that he can take care of me without worrying about going to a walk-in clinic. Right now he's too far away and it takes me quite a while to get to him for my visits.

I already feel like I can't be treated anywhere but now I get another black mark for taking pain meds and benzos? Eventually I'm going to have to smoke weed and a lot of it. My doctor is semi retired. It scares me to think of losing him at my age.

Sorry if I sound like Mananas with this wall of text. I'm a little freaked out.

No, you didn't brag about your high quality drugs and insult the rest of us by saying we can't possibly have access to the same high quality as you.

Your writing doesn't qualify as a wall of text. You use good grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, etc so it is a pleasure to read.

I tend to make long posts at times and enjoy reading when others do too as long as it's not just a gigantic block of text (paragraphs and flow of thought are important).

Sorry for the interruption. This is an important topic and I've enjoyed following along (while being disgusted at what I'm reading) so I'll shut up now and continue to follow along...

Lucid, I've used GCMS and LCMS for analytical purposes, and you are right - it takes some intellect to understand how the machines work and so on.

^^Relevance? How much is this system going to break before it eventually gives way? Seems like legislators are freaking out over this "opiate crisis" more and more lately. They can only implement so many restrictions before the system just stops functioning altogether.

I went to one of those walk in clinics in early 2016 after I left my husband and moved to another state. I had bronchitis and after having to list out my medicines on their check in form they gave me 1 breathing treatment, gave me my copay back and told me to go to the Emergency room.

I was sooo sick but I drove to the ER. They asked why I was there, I handed them a paper from the walk in clinic and told me to give them and they said We can't give you narcotics. ???

I said I needed antibiotics and an inhaler, not narcotics. They gave me antibiotics and refused to give me an inhaler so I spent days thinking I would die in my sleep because I couldn't breathe. I really needed an inhaler and I was confused, upset and embarrassed over the entire ordeal.

In late 2016 I aspirated Some nasty bacteria into my lungs and spent over a month in a coma, had serious lung surgery, a trach tube and 3 slashes down my side from reinflating my lungs and removing bacteria from the MRSA on my lungs. Three days after surgery they dropped my medicine to virtually nothing. For the next month I couldn't sleep, I was in terrible pain and cried a lot but couldn't speak because of the trach tube. I didn't understand until I read the first notes from the hospital in my first days there. I was a poly drug abusing female who was way over medicated. Assholes.

When I checked out they gave me an instruction sheet that told me to immediately stop taking all the medicine from my pain management doctor and they gave me prescriptions that lasted for one week of each one of my medicines.

If I had filled those prescriptions I would have been kicked out of pain management and they knew that, but I don't think they thought that I knew that. My sister even tried to get me to fill those prescriptions and I said no way! I had plenty of medicine at home and I was not breaking my contract to get one week of a lower dose of the same medicines my doctor was giving me.

Now when I get sick I don't go to those clinics. I stay home and deal with it. Next week when I go see my PM doctor I'll ask for an inhaler (breathing is always a problem after lung surgery) because I refuse to go to another walk in clinic and deal with that again.
I'll be glad to move back up where my p.m. doctor is early next year so that he can take care of me without worrying about going to a walk-in clinic. Right now he's too far away and it takes me quite a while to get to him for my visits.

I already feel like I can't be treated anywhere but now I get another black mark for taking pain meds and benzos? Eventually I'm going to have to smoke weed and a lot of it. My doctor is semi retired. It scares me to think of losing him at my age.

Great post Chronicpain54. Thank you!

I have a fent patch saved for such an emergency, like if i every need to go to the ER. No way in hell i'm trusting the ER to treat my pain if I get hit by a car...i'll handle the pain treatment, they can just make sure i don't bleed to death or something.

I have a fent patch saved for such an emergency, like if i every need to go to the ER. No way in hell i'm trusting the ER to treat my pain if I get hit by a car...i'll handle the pain treatment, they can just make sure i don't bleed to death or something.

I know I don't have comparable issues, but I just want to rant about how that's what psychiatry is becoming. It's gonna be long because I'm ironically hypomanic at the moment up for 3 days, but it's been a long time coming for me to tell some of these stories.

I have BPD. For a long time it went undiagnosed and wrought havoc, because my family didn't believe in mental illness or psychology (I was just a bad person). From both a harm reduction and basic human perspective, I was failed very early on. This led to a colorful career of drug use when the disorder started to manifest. It began with self-medicating with weed and pills and then graduated to a 4 year opioid addiction.

I went to rehab and enjoyed therapy and had a lot of meaningful discussions, but the issue I have is with the psychiatrists I've seen. The counselors get a pass because they helped me improve in so many aspects of life. I've seen 2 psychs: one in rehab and a regular one after the readjustment period. I saw the rehab psych maybe 3 times, 5 minutes each time. As my PAWS was fading I was seeing the regular psych. This dude let me suffer for 6 months. The medications he pushed ruined my mind and body. My AD made me more emotionally unstable, took my appetite, sex drive, and exacerbated my already severe insomnia. Mood stabilizer didn't dampen my profoundly destructive manic behavior. I was so anxious I had a stutter and couldn't make eye contact. The absolute closest thing I got to an effective sedative/stabilizer/anxiolytic (sp) was a non-narcotic sleeping pill that cost me $400 a refill.

I made it known every visit that I felt unimaginably terrible. A former substance abuser with a difficult mental disorder complaining about not receiving desired treatment raises a lot of flags I'm sure. It's cause and effect though. The substance abuse was an unfortunate effect of a fucked up family life and a disorder known for causing substance abuse. I've been able to stay clean for long periods of time despite the shit I was going through. Had access to abusable drugs the whole time too.

Think about it: your choices are a cheap schedule IV benzo that works flawlessly with a small dependence issue, and one that *might* work, while simultaneously making other things worse, ALSO with a horrible dependence issue.

Which do you think would give you the better quality of life? Shouldn't that be the main goal of medicine?

Sorry that happened dg...which antidepressant were u on? I have untouched prescriotions of ssris but always been terrified of them.

i've been on amitriptyline for a week now, thinking of stopping becauase i've been reading about horrible withdrawals and side effects.

Last edited:

Me too, freaked out and afraid. A month ago I went to the ER with the worst back pain ever because I kept tossing my prescribed pain meds, I was too pain sick to swallow, hugging-the-porcelain-god sick. At ER I was given morphine drip which made me unable to tell doctor that the morphine was not working, I was locked in this pain unable to express the agony, it was only a few hours, I can?t imagine what you went through with tube. So I get sent home with anti nausea medication. Two days later my Pain Mgmt doctor Rxed Levorphanol and tells me to stop Remeron and Restoril, 15 mg each which are Rxed by my shrink. Now one month later I cannot sleep and in a deep depression. At that appt pee test involved two nurses standing over me while I tried to pee. I am incontinence due to damaged nerves in my back and just cannot pee on demand. So I signed new paperwork and for eight long minutes my pricked finger is squeezed to dot six pieces of lab paper. Two weeks later at follow up with nurse practitioner I am told by her to take my Remeron and Restoril however I threw these away because pain mgmt doctor told me to do so. It is a six-week wait to see my shrink but I?m afraid PM dr will disagree with the NP. Also, NP tells me I have not had pee test for six months and said I would need to pee at that time. I explained what I went thru two weeks earlier, crying now, so she backed off stating I would return in one month and do a pee test stating nothing could be prescribed without the test. nurse practitioner must have missed the incontinence class. I guess I will be Catherized (?sp).
It?s bad enough getting differing instructions from different doctors and terrible when doctors and nurse practitioners in same office give differing instructions. Yet I, like you, am tethered to a pain mgmt doctor until...