• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi from FL

Leo11

Greenlighter
I've viewed the site for a while and finally decided to join.
Started on Oxys (when they were still old school style) and D's for a long time then went to methadone then subutex (not suboxone) and then off everything! All the while I drank continuously.
Went back to pills then to H again a couple years ago.
Last year I found out I have stage 4 cirrhosis. Stopped drinking but continued H until Jan., now started MMT again but also started drinking again about a month ago after over a year sober! I know very bad.
Anyway, glad to have somewhere to share my thoughts and look at others posts. Really enjoyed a thread from SoCal424 about getting off of methadone which I hope to do by tapering or getting back on Subs.
Wow...guess I rambled on a lot.
I've never joined,posted, etc on a website before. Trying to navigate through it all.
Thanks for listening ?

Hey Leo, welcome to Bluelight :)

Just had a quick look at that thread. Seems that it's becoming increasingly complicated to get opioid medications for pain in America. Have maintenance meds like methadone and buprenorphine become more tightly regulated recently as well?

Feel free to start your own thread in Sober Living when and if you're planning on tapering or switching to subs. Sounds like suboxone is the more accessible and sustainable option?

Anyway, welcome, yell out if you'd like some help navigating the site.

Hi Leo11,

I posted to your thread in the homeless threads forum. I'm trying to get your thread moved to Sober Living, Kaden_Nite is right, you will get the support you need there. You can go read my reply to you in the Homeless Threads forum.

Take care,
your friend,
Ashley.

I've viewed the site for a while and finally decided to join.
Started on Oxys (when they were still old school style) and D's for a long time then went to methadone then subutex (not suboxone) and then off everything! All the while I drank continuously.
Went back to pills then to H again a couple years ago.
Last year I found out I have stage 4 cirrhosis. Stopped drinking but continued H until Jan., now started MMT again but also started drinking again about a month ago after over a year sober! I know very bad.
Anyway, glad to have somewhere to share my thoughts and look at others posts. Really enjoyed a thread from SoCal424 about getting off of methadone which I hope to do by tapering or getting back on Subs.
Wow...guess I rambled on a lot.
I've never joined,posted, etc on a website before. Trying to navigate through it all.
Thanks for listening 

Hi Ashley, yes I read your reply..thanks so much for your support and trying to get my thread moved. I wasn't sure where to put it as I've never posted anything on any website before.
Well, I'm starting today with 1 small bottle of wine as I'm scared to do CT, seizures are not anything I wanna deal with as they are so, so scary.
I also went down to 70mg mdone at the clinic today(from 75) I don't wanna push it. Quitting drinking again is my main priority right now.

Hi Leo11, sorry I missed your post earlier.

It would be improper etiquette if I were to move your thread myself.

I have made a request that the correct individuals take action.

BTW it was always in your power to start another thread. ;)

Last edited: