• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom/alcohol danger?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
If kratom has never killed anyone on its own (afaik) then how can mixing it with benzos/alcohol even in HUGE amounts be dangerous? If kratom suppresses the respiratory system, then wouldn't it kill people who take large amounts without the conjunction of anything else?

Alcohol always gives me this terrible edgy feeling most of the time unless it's fine wine and I like mixing something with it to take the edge off... And I really enjoy this combination to date. But it seems that there is so much misinformation spread about the substance and so many various opinions on its dangers. :? In fact it seems like the substance is still just being studied. I have heard siezures being brought up with the drugs mentioning and I don't know if that was from the substance's withdrawal or taking too much at once... or just misinformation again.

Last edited:
Well, I'm on Kratom and Klonopin right now and drinking about 4 1/2 beers and I do it all the time.

The general consensus (and of course this can't be proven yet) is that Kratom does NOT depress the respiratory system and I fully believe it's true from my experience but there aren't studies to back this up and who knows when there will be cause people aren't studying Kratom as much as they should be.

Most on this site will tell you that we generally believe the talk about Kratom causing these deaths and seizures is misinformation, but even if it were true it was like something like 42 deaths give or take they are attributing to Kratom and alcohol causes god knows how many thousands of deaths per year as well as cigarettes and even Tylenol so 42 would be next to nothing in comparison and I strongly doubt that more than a couple if ANY AT ALL were just due to Kratom or if they were then it was somebody who's body just didn't agree with Kratom for some odd reason and there's always those rare people who can't take certain substances for an unusual reason.

I was asking the kinds of questions you are about 4 years ago when I was new to Kratom but you'll want to stop asking them pretty soon cause we don't have hard and fast answers for them.

Kratom obviously hasn't had all that many studies done it and it has it's risks and I've heard weird stories about strange side effects on on certain other sites but other than the obvious WD it can cause, some constipation, insomnia or it exacerbating my eczema, I just have a gut feeling that for me I am satisfied it's safe to use a few days a week so long as I don't let myself get addicted.

I've combined with large amounts of alcohol, Klonopin and Fluro-Phenibut/Phenibut all at once and while I do NOT recommend it, I was fine every time.

But no one has the answers you are looking for.

Some people think Kratom is bad of your liver but I've never seen proof of it, so proceed at your own risk.

I wouldn't try kratom benzos and booze, that seems a little too risky. I have gotten very drunk with plenty of kratom in my system and so far the only thing i noticed about the combo is that it makes me go into a complete blackout. Sort of like a benzo blackout only that i can remember more of the night.

I can only imagine that benzos, kratom, and alcohol would cause a blackout unless used in low doses. Tolerance probably plays a part as well.

I wouldn't try kratom benzos and booze, that seems a little too risky. I have gotten very drunk with plenty of kratom in my system and so far the only thing i noticed about the combo is that it makes me go into a complete blackout. Sort of like a benzo blackout only that i can remember more of the night.

I can only imagine that benzos, kratom, and alcohol would cause a blackout unless used in low doses. Tolerance probably plays a part as well.

Each to their own.

The only time I ever blacked out from combining alcohol and Klonopin was because I drank like 12 drinks in like 2 hours which is unprecedented for me, and yeah, I was on Kratom too but I don't think that was much of a factor. I've combined the 3 more times than I can count and that's the only time that happened.

I wouldn't suggest mixing benzos and alcohol, but I see no issue with Kratom/booze.

I have been taking Klonopin for almost 15 years now (I know it's not great but I don't need to be told that) and I use low doses, usually 1mg or less in a 24 hour period but sometimes 1.5mgs, and I also have a huge tolerance to alcohol.

However, I personally don't feel Kratom has any interaction with alcohol or benzos because I don't think it's a CNS depressant.

I feel safe being on a low dose of Klonopin and drinking on Kratom.

Last edited:
After I quit Heroin 2016, I used kratom for WDs and never stopped. Was dosing anywhere from 60-80g a day. Every 3-4 hours (other than sleep).
That continued for 30 months, started dabbling with H again every now and than for the past 5 weeks and havent touched Kratom. During my 30 month stint with kratom, I suffered terribly from Alcoholism, for about 20/30 of those months. Started with few drinks a night, every night, and it progressed over the course of almost 2 years to 1L of Whiskey a day. That last part lasted about 8 weeks tops, ended up getting carried into detox to save my life and than did a 3 month rehab.

Point is. I was drinking ALOT. And it was during my kratom phase. Kratom was since day 1 60-80g a day, every 4 hours was my dose. Never missed a day never missed a dose.

I saw absolutely zero interactions between Alcohol and Kratom, I would just have to take my kratom so I can be in a "normal/good" mood. The alcohol of course overpowered it but even without drinking, after awhile kratom provides just a subtle little mood uplift/energy or mild sedation before bed. It is very very mild, that even at those doses, there was absolutely no CNS problems.

This is just my personal story. I do not reccomend anyone to follow that path, with that amount of Kratom, OR Alcohol.

But to answer the question, from personal experience, mixing the two was a 1.5/10 on the danger scale for me.

If kratom has never killed anyone on its own (afaik) then how can mixing it with benzos/alcohol even in HUGE amounts be dangerous? If kratom suppresses the respiratory system, then wouldn't it kill people who take large amounts without the conjunction of anything else?

Benzos don't make a healthy person stop breathing even in extremely high doses, but they greatly exacerbate the risk of respiratory depression when combined with opioids.

Just because the respiratory depression quickly reaches a ceiling when a substance is used on its own doesn't mean it can't synergize with a different substance.

Benzos don't make a healthy person stop breathing even in extremely high doses, but they greatly exacerbate the risk of respiratory depression when combined with opioids.

Just because the respiratory depression quickly reaches a ceiling when a substance is used on its own doesn't mean it can't synergize with a different substance.

I agree that benzos mixed with actual prescription opiates or hard opiates can cause respiratory depression, but I don't think they probably can with Kratom in my personal opinion.