• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dxm strangely seemed to block the codeine high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
Before I begin I want to say this only happened once other times I've used codeine and dxm it's worked fine I'm very experienced with codeine and dhc but I'm still a bit new to dxm.

so the other day I figured I'd get a bit lean and had approx 160-175 mg of dxm the after I could feel it fully kicking in I had my usual codeine dose probably around 350-600 mg i can't remember but I do remember feeling as though they dxm had overwhelmed the codeine which was annoying as I was under the impression the codeine being an opiate would over take the high and synergise with the dxm but instead I just had a rather disappointing experience but perhaps I didn't do it right am I supposed to take the codeine first let the high start to peak then take dxm or something like that? Any helpful tips with these two drugs would be much appreciated.

Most of the effects from codeine come from it being metabolized into morphine by your liver. DXM may be blocking the metabolism of codeine to morphine.

Specifically, codeine is turned into morphine by the liver enzyme called CYP2D6.

DXM also gets many of its effects from being metabolized into another drug, dextrorphan, by the very same enzyme. So the two compounds, codeine and DXM, are actually competing with each other to get metabolized.

Grapefruit juice inhibits the same enzyme, so if you've had grapefruit juice before you take them, it could reduce the effects as well.

Both DXM and codeine are substrates of the same enzyme, so they compete with one another. Codeine itself isn't active, it needs to be metabolized into morphine by CYP2D6. DXM requires the same enzyme, so if you take both at once, less codeine will get metabolized (read: activated).

Moving to BDD.

so what about all this i be heard about dxm potenitating codeine? am I supposed to take one first? Please can som1 help me out here I got about 150 mg of dxm left and gonna take 256mg of codeine in the next hour is their anyway I can use the dxm to make my codeine buzz stronger like I thought I read here somewhere before?

I need some answers now guys the solution is filtering I repeat the solution is filtering and once it is filtered I won't be able to resist the allure of codeine even though I might be able to potentially have a better high somehow if I use dxm..

We're not here to help you get high, which is what you're after. "even though I might be able to potentially have a better high somehow if I use dxm.." this is not harm reduction, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.