• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it true that cinnoman can kill your buzz?

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
I heard that cinnoman can kill your buzz I usually have cinnamon swirl cuz they taste amazing but haven't been able to tell if it killed my buzz or made any highs after it weaker etc

And by the way the highs in on about are mainly from codeine weed and dxm

Who told you that? If you haven't been able to tell then I'd say it hasn't killed your high.
I think one of the main components of cinnamon (cinnamaldehyde) can inhibit CYP2A6, so if you took it before codeine or dxm it may make those drugs less effective (since they need to be metabolized).
But I don't think a cinnamon swirl has enough cinnamon to do anything (good or bad).
It might kill your buzz if you choke on it though.

Last edited:
^ I think you're confusing CYP2D6 with CYP2A6. CYP2D6 demethylates drugs like codeine and DXM, but cinnamaldehyde doesn't bind to CYP2D6, not to my knowledge.

Anyway, shipping over to BDD.

Yes, cinamonn actually binds to the endocannabinoid receptors thereby blocking the THC. It's a little-known fact.

The DEA actually spray cannabis crops in Mexico with cinnamon to ruin the weed for whichever poor stoner smokes it.

And here I thought mexican weed was spicy because of all the peppers.
It's probably high in beta-caryophellene which is in cannabis, cinnamon, and black pepper to name a few.

Yes, cinamonn actually binds to the endocannabinoid receptors thereby blocking the THC. It's a little-known fact.

The DEA actually spray cannabis crops in Mexico with cinnamon to ruin the weed for whichever poor stoner smokes it.

If this is true, that's crazy. I know beta-caryophyllene has an affinity for cannabinoid receptors, but most things I read suggest that cannabinoids and terpenes act in synergy.

Personally, I was just being facetious, an allusion to mexican food.

I thought the other poster was making a joke as well when I first read it. But maybe that is some urban legend floating around on the internet, I seriously doubt the DEA is spaying crops with cinnamon.

Personally, I was just being facetious, an allusion to mexican food.

I thought the other poster was making a joke as well when I first read it. But maybe that is some urban legend floating around on the internet, I seriously doubt the DEA is spaying crops with cinnamon.
lol rereading that it went straight over my head WOW