• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does your personality determine which drugs you are addicted to?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I've been wondering this alot lately, why I might find oxycodone and adderall to be the greatest things under the sun and yet I've met plenty of people that do not enjoy painkillers/adderall.

I dislike alcohol.. despite it being so popular.

It certainly plays a roll. My reason for doing the drugs that I like to do is because they add something to my personality that I feel I'm lacking. I'm a very introverted person and love drugs that change that

I definitely think they're related. As I recall we had a personality test drug of choice poll thread here on bluelight.

I think it's definitely the case that our personalities influence our interests and susceptibility to various drugs. OP, like you I love opioids and I like stims...alcohol I barely ever touch.

I don't mean to imply that this is the only determining factor, but I've had severe depression my whole life. I never gave much of a thought to drugs until, at a fairly late age, I happened to try heroin. For me, heroin was like the heavens parting. I'd been waiting for that my whole life and things have never been the same since then.

Seems like most of the heroin addicts I know have some kind of depression (or at least a pervasive gloom) that they struggled with before starting to use.

I remember reading Simco that almost all opiate addicts have at least one point something undiagnosed... anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, etc.

But I'm not sure that's true.... Give it time and any opiate especially heroin could have someone hooked in my opinion. Brain chemistry could be truer.