View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD visuals?

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
Is it just me or do the visuals from LSD get less intense over the years?
Anymore, the only subs that give me really intense visuals are DMT and the analogs and DOC, but the Lysergamides give me enhanced colors and some trails from lights. However; I don't get the intense fractals or lightplay I used to get.
Mescaline is about the same and I know it isn't product or dosage so, what?
I was a hardcore opioid junkie for years and I was into doing copious amounts of Meth and Amphetamine for years.
Could either of those things factor into this?
I used to get good visuals when I was a kid and the LSD was not nearly as strong as it is now.
That said, I still get the headspace and that is mainly why I still use regularly, but if I want visuals it's DMT and the like...and, yes, i know LSD visuals are not like DMT, but it's either Aliens of just enhanced colors.
Now that i think about it, i got some seriously good visuals from high dose HBWR seeds,. but haven't eaten any in years so I don't know if i still could.

Yeah, it'd help the visuals, but fuck me in my head. I don't do too well with weed and acid. Weed, yes. Acid, yes. Weed and acid, NFW.
Good idea though, for most people.

Made a thread about this just the other day! Didn't get much replies, only advice was to take it less, but I have only taken it twice in the last 8 months.

Recently my trips with LSD have been pretty underwhelming visually. I still remember the first time I took LSD what struck me was how it played with colors in the sense that it sort of rearranged colors to create these really cool color coordinations; everything looked like it fit together perfectly by color and pattern.

Not in the sense that I don't get any visuals, but rather than interesting patterns and color palettes, I felt my vision is just like, blurred. Like drunk or stoned blurry. Maybe contacts are just getting dry and I should lay off the beer and weed when I trip. I also might just need to take more.

LSD with 2C-B is very visual, and a very nice combo overall. On it's own LSD isn't very visual for me. Actually, I don't get very many visuals from any psych compared to other people. And combining LSD with weed doesn't work for me either.

LSD with 2C-B is very visual, and a very nice combo overall. On it's own LSD isn't very visual for me. Actually, I don't get very many visuals from any psych compared to other people. And combining LSD with weed doesn't work for me either.

OK. Well at least i know it isn't just me and I guess I probably remember better visuals as a kid...those memories are generally "remembered" as being better than they were.
Maybe that is where my visuals went, with my youth.
It isn't even that I expect them it's more like I'm wondering if LSD isn't all that visual for some. I read these posts and think, "Damn, I want to trip like THAT", but I actually like LSD just fine as it is and if I want strong visuals I will mega-dose some shrooms or IM DMT.
I think my question is partially answered, but it'd be nice to hear from those who DO get fractals and wild shit with LSD. Are you out there?

I couldn't even begin to comprehend why the visuals have changed for you over time with lysergamides. The brain is so complicated.

I do know everyone Is different though. For example, I've always had really intense visuals with every psychedelic and even weed while most of my friends have very little and even none in the case of weed.

Hell ever since I first tried LSD i can even slightly see visuals while sober. I mean some would call that hppd but I don't think so. I think my awareness just hightened and i became more sinsitive which allows me to notice these things.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do the visuals from LSD get less intense over the years?
Anymore, the only subs that give me really intense visuals are DMT and the analogs and DOC, but the Lysergamides give me enhanced colors and some trails from lights. However; I don't get the intense fractals or lightplay I used to get.
Mescaline is about the same and I know it isn't product or dosage so, what?
I was a hardcore opioid junkie for years and I was into doing copious amounts of Meth and Amphetamine for years.
Could either of those things factor into this?
I used to get good visuals when I was a kid and the LSD was not nearly as strong as it is now.
That said, I still get the headspace and that is mainly why I still use regularly, but if I want visuals it's DMT and the like...and, yes, i know LSD visuals are not like DMT, but it's either Aliens of just enhanced colors.
Now that i think about it, i got some seriously good visuals from high dose HBWR seeds,. but haven't eaten any in years so I don't know if i still could.
I have been doing acid for only 5 years but tripped every weekend for the first two and the trips have greatly decreased for me acid was never much of a very visual drug for me mushrooms were way more visual just my experience

Visuals on everything for me have gotten consistently less over the years. I generally do not find LSD very visual, well not in a "visuals" sense, it's fantastic for seeing things differently, enhanced colors and vibrancy, etc. Occasionally I get a quite visual trip however, where it looks like the world is a shifting impressionist painting. A few weeks ago I tripped VERY hard and had all sorts of visuals to the point that once it got dark it was hard to tell what I was looking at or stepping on.

Hell ever since I first tried LSD i can even slightly see visuals while sober. I mean some would call that hppd but I don't think so. I think my awareness just hightened and i became more sinsitive which allows me to notice these things.

I SWEAR thats whats going on; every time I take LSD my sober vision gets a little closer to LSD vision. If I look at a clear blue sky, its most certainly not just a clear blue sky, all sorts of shit going on. It's not anything cohesive or meaningful like the visuals I get from tripping, but its just a jumble of weird glittery bullshit.

I think my main sadness here is that my visuals over time have become less cohesive an patterned. Rather than actual, meaningful patterns, designs or "trippy" things, its just like blahhh random fractals and blurriness.

Last edited:
OP I don't see how meth or amphetamine could lessen the visuals or intensity of a LSD trip. Can't tell for DMT or DOC, I never tried those, maybe it has cross tolerance with LSD? Have you tried dosing higher or combi dosing with a bit of Shrooms?

On my side, I didn't experience less visuals, LSD never was very visual to me to begin with. In my opinion, once you get into the top-tier of psychedelics: fractals, color trails and enhanced color vibrancy/brightness is pretty common psychedelia Meh boring basic psychedelia stuff. Heck, 2CI gives me more visuals than LSD. Honestly what I like about LSD isn't really the visuals, it's the mind f*ck, the ego deaths, the way it completely alters the way you mind thinks and perceives things and movement.

Last edited:
this GIF is a surprisingly accurate depiction of LSD visuals for me:
https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl...-_MQQ1nzXlSzOF8T4=&vet=1&docid=YNPh4YY_gdOH3M

They have at times been very intense, but that GIF is sort of the "nature" of the visuals. The main selling point of LSD for me is the way it affects how I perceive music.

I haven't eaten a high dose of mushrooms is many years, but I swear i remember shit straight up morphing and seeing things that were hardly even there to begin with. I remember that aspect being quite frightening at times to me as a teenager. Even when it wasn't frightening, tryptamine visuals for me are always very humanoid, i'd ALWAYS see skulls and faces as the underlying theme of all the visuals.

I wonder if I'd still get that result now?

OP I don't see how meth or amphetamine could lessen the visuals or intensity of a LSD trip. Can't tell for DMT or DOC, I never tried those, maybe it has cross tolerance with LSD? Have you tried dosing higher or combi dosing with a bit of Shrooms?...

Actually, I meant sould I have changed my brain to the point that my visuals suffered.
My meth use and psych use didn't overlap much, if any.
The more I think about it the more I think a lot of the visuals when I was young were not as intense and wild as I imagined them to be.
Also, after DMTesque psychedelics...4-ACO-DMT, Mushrooms, etc... nothing is quite as visual any more in comparison...maybe?

this GIF is a surprisingly accurate depiction of LSD visuals for me:

OK, that is almost identical to what I see during the come-up of DMT et. al.
I don't get anything even close from acid tho.

This is starting to sound like the Whats wrong with the MDMA of today thread

LoL.

I think it must be more to do with tolerance over time. As I think a lot of you guys use them more than, say, I do. I have noticed no drop in visual depth in Psychedelics over the years.

I think you may be onto something Phuck.. The tryptamine psychedelics do produce some of the most detailed patterns and CEVs. LSD to me was never a drug that produced super detailed CEVs. What LSD does was kind of produce this amazing type of synesthesia where I am seeing the music, which is creating these beautiful geometric architectural landscapes that are as visible as normal vision, but in my soul.
It would even get so enveloping and detailed that I would be unable to tell when the album had ended and I was in silence.

So LSD creates a psychedelic visionary experience in me. Psilocybin does this as well, but it also creates much more overtly visible and complex, colorful and vivid Closed eye visuals. Open Eye distortion is about the same as LSD to me, maybe a bit more.

Interestingly, 2C-I created some of the most intense open eye visuals I have ever witnessed, while not producing a psychedelic visionary or overtly visual closed eye experience. With eyes closed there was nothing. With music, no synesthesia, and in silence my mind stayed completely affixed to normal consciousness.

glassy, filmy or transparecy layered,
the after images of brightest reflections lazily slide over the changing visual field
colors seem deeper but also the surfaces of things seem softer/penetrable glistening, or sparkling.
on my usual 1/4 1plsd, while eating dinner.

I mostly remember how the cooked carrots looked amazing.

Last edited:
later after a toke of weed, mandala's and flower patterns did mix with and cover objects in the visual field.

then after a movie, a slightly sparkly baseline

later after a toke of weed, mandala's and flower patterns did mix with and cover objects in the visual field.

then after a movie, a slightly sparkly baseline

I love the reason for your edit... clarification about carrots and vision

I think some people just get more visuals than others. I've had really fantastic visuals before but generally I've never been one to have really mindblowing visuals, I've sort of given up on them being a really interesting part of most of my trips. I'll say that many of the 2C-Xs seem to consistently be the most visual substances for me besides DMT which is just overwhelmingly visual, I've gotta think for everyone.

I think some people just get more visuals than others. I've had really fantastic visuals before but generally I've never been one to have really mindblowing visuals, I've sort of given up on them being a really interesting part of most of my trips. I'll say that many of the 2C-Xs seem to consistently be the most visual substances for me besides DMT which is just overwhelmingly visual, I've gotta think for everyone.

Yeah, DMT must be in a class by itself. I wasn't really even thinking on those terms tho. More like the fractals I hear people talk about, stuff like that.
I love the "take" LSD gives me on reality tho, but it isn't visual per se, but more like reality, only more real.
4-ACO-DMTis DMTesque, and DOC has fractals, but I guess it isn't just me then, since most people don't seem to put LSD in the visual substance list.
I have never done any of the 2c-X's so I can't compare, but it seems to be a general consensus that they are very visual.

Note to self: Self, get some 2C-whatever.

Yeah, DMT must be in a class by itself. I wasn't really even thinking on those terms tho. More like the fractals I hear people talk about, stuff like that.
I love the "take" LSD gives me on reality tho, but it isn't visual per se, but more like reality, only more real.
4-ACO-DMTis DMTesque, and DOC has fractals, but I guess it isn't just me then, since most people don't seem to put LSD in the visual substance list.
I have never done any of the 2c-X's so I can't compare, but it seems to be a general consensus that they are very visual.

Note to self: Self, get some 2C-whatever.

2Cx is definitely a psychedelic that you should try out, you are missing out man! Especially the more common ones like 2CB or 2CI, you can take them pretty much anywhere and have a good time with nice visuals (as long as you dose around 14-15mg +), it's much less mental and more forgiving then say LSD or Shrooms.