• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol makes me sick, other opiates don't?

bxtays

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have taken many different opiates and Tramadol seems to be the only one to make me vomit and nauseous, is this normal? What could this be?

Thank you very much in advance!

I've taken many opiates and tramadol is not a pleasant high. It makes me nauseous as well.

I can get a pretty good high from tramadol but it also causes me the worst nausea and headaches of any opiate. I'm assuming you have a decent opiate tolerance, the doses it would take you to get high off tramadol are going to cause a lot of side effects.

I don't know this for certain but i believe tramadol tolerance might be somewhat unique, in the way that you might be immune to the opiate effects due to opiate tolerance but not have tolerance to the other neurochemical effects of tramadol.

What could this be?

I'd say what it is is that you're overdosing.
What dosages of tramadol are you consuming?
What's your tolerance to opioids? And to SSRI's/SNRI's?

You must consider that tramadol isn't really an opioid in a traditional sense anyway.....it possesses a whole range of other biological targets- such as serotonin transporters and receptors (which very well could be what's making you more susceptible to stomach discomfort)..
In fact, considering the values of its effect on targets, I'd say the opioid receptors ARE the "other" targets lol.

-PA

You may just be sensitive to the serotonin -affect of tramadol. It's nasty and hard to come off of once a habit developes. Be glad your body can't tolerate this demon.

^Im not sure who told you that but you probably shouldn't ever listen to them again on drug related matters

first hand experience actually ^ I felt it mate when I used to take them I probably took a little more than I should but I had my head against the wall and if I moved it toward a tiny bit I could literally feel blood or something in my head my head felt so vunruble I had to stay like that for all night or I would have had a stroke or some had brain haemorrhage you don't have to believe me but I never touched the shot since then doesn't even get you a proper high just a speedy synthetic feeling with a worse dry mouth than a freaking desert now maybe I had a rare reaction but this stuff shouldn't be prescribed in the same league as codeine and dihydrocodeine as it is my doctor told me tramadol was dangerous long-term but I had no idea how dangerous until 'that night' I luckily didn't get addicted to the shit and haven't touched it in years I seriously wouldn't take one tramadol capsule or you paid me 2 million dollars at least with smack you know how it works and what it does.

^Thats not evidence tramadol causes "holes in the brain." Even assuming it did cause holes in YOUR brain that's only evidence that it effects your brain like that. Maybe you had a predisposition towards whatever happened to you, maybe that event was due to something you ate or drank, nobody knows for sure.

Did you get examined by a medical professional or are you just claiming to know what happened to you?

The point is it's a dangerous drug a lot more dangerous than say codeine or dhc any respectable medical professional will also tell you that.

^I agree, due to the possibility of causing seizures it is more dangerous then most opiates. Just because it's dangerous doesn't mean you should fabricate lies about it giving people holes in their brain.

If you'd had a brain hemorrhage and didn't go to the doc, you'd be dead. Plain and simple.

Patrick, hemorrhage would involve your brain bleeding. What you described could have been a seizure. I get nauseated with all opiates and tramadol is no exception. OP, you didn't say how much you took but with larger doses nausea will be worse.

Patrick, i have taken tramadol for over 7 years buddy. If anything it was a seizure, a dose over 400mg is prone to this and anyone who is new to the drug could possibly take less and have a seizure, it is possible.

By the way OP it is kind of normal, its the way tramadol get into your system and you become use to them and stop feeling this effect. I remember starting out on them and experiencing this but after a few weeks it went and only the high was there and of course pain relief.

Tramadol is not a "true" opiate because it does not just affect your opiate (mu) receptors, but also serotonin and norepinephrine. For me they feel kind of similar the way I would compare mass amounts of caffeine (being the tramadol) and amphetimines (being true opiods) produce some similar affects without the euphoria. I've had crazy stuff happen on recreational doses of tramadol that I've never had happen on opiates, such as hearing music playing when there was none on. They effect the brain differently so they don't feel the same. Tramadol can also scarily reduce the seizure threshold where opiates don't.

*** gasp!***
Omg i had Forgotten that auditory hallucination : hearing music play or even what sounded like far-away voices Speaking; none of it was real and the ONLY TIME in my life that I EVER experienced this was when I was taking large doses of tramadol (like 20-25 a day of the 50mg tablets)

Withdrawal from tramadol is a nightmare that cannot even be compared to true opiate withdrawal; it's so much...."dirtier" of a drug. My God that shit is terrible for ppl. And it's not even decent for pain. . . Hence the fact ppl end up using such heroic dosages of say, 20-25 tablets a day.

Fuck tramadol .

Tramadol is not a "true" opiate because it does not just affect your opiate (mu) receptors, but also serotonin and norepinephrine. For me they feel kind of similar the way I would compare mass amounts of caffeine (being the tramadol) and amphetimines (being true opiods) produce some similar affects without the euphoria. I've had crazy stuff happen on recreational doses of tramadol that I've never had happen on opiates, such as hearing music playing when there was none on. They effect the brain differently so they don't feel the same. Tramadol can also scarily reduce the seizure threshold where opiates don't.

Technically the only true opiates are the ones found inside poppies.... anything else is an opioid. And did I read that right? Amphetamines are an opioid? o_O