• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine and Xanax dose for flight?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I'll be travelling on a long flight with my cousin from the US to Africa and I was thinking of what would be the best dosage to get 'knocked out' on the long flight. I'm still in Western Europe but will be joining him soon.

I've gotten approximately 40 Xanax pills from 2 G.P's (20 from each one, perfectly legal). I have used benzos in the past with Nurofen Plus but that was 2mg of Diazepam from Dublin to L.A. and it work well to keep me sleepy though I woke up when there was some commotion on the plane (baby crying, flight attendants waking me up for food). It did also give me some memory lapses but no blackouts. I did also consume half a bottle of wine with this.

Since this will be a 17 hour flight, I would like to be completely knocked out with the exception of changing flights in Amsterdam. I was wondering if this combo would do the trick:

• Nurofen Plus, (450mg) 35 tablets x12.8mg codeine phosphate
  • Xanax, (30mg) 30 tablets x1mg alprazolam
  • Benylin Dry Cough Syrup, (350ml- dph) 25 x14mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride
  • 'Beer', (1 litre) 2x500ml 4.5% alcohol

This will be just shortly before I go to the airport. The only thing I'll carry is the remaining benzos as I can't bring the liquids past security. What I'm wondering is if this will be enough to sleep on the long flight.

The amounts you posted are excessive. That's too much Xanax by itself and mixing with a bunch of codeine and alcohol could be deadly. If on your previous flight where 2 mg diazepam helped you, I think 2-3 mg of Xanax should do the trick. A little bit of Nurofen and one beer would be okay given the fact you've mixed them before but no need for all that. I don't think the diphenhydramine would be necessary either.

Sounds like a good idea if you want to wake up in the ER in a different country.

1mg of Xanax and sipping a 12 oz beer should be sufficient, especially if you do not take the drug regularly. It will not last the entire flight and you can take another pill when you wake up. Xanax is shorter lasting than some other benzos and you wanna be alert when you arrive at your destination.

If you take everything you listed you truly may not wake up.

This is a great way to blackout in a anticholinergic delirium and wakeup in jail or hospital.

350 mg of benadyrl at once is boarding very close fullblown delirium from antagonism of mACH receptors

I cant even imagine how severely impaired your ability to act and think clearly on 350 mg of benadyrl paired with 30 mg of xanax and 450 mg of codeine and a beer.

I am assuming you must be only taking like one or two xanax.

Even still i hope you reconsider your plan

Lucky fuck. Being high on Xanax and opiates in Africa sounds like a blast... only if I were prescribed that shit would that work though, can?t really smuggle illegally as an option

Dude I hope you mis-typed those doses. If you do this there's a very good chance you'll do something regrettable or be so knocked out the flight attendants will think you're dead. I've traveled a bit and people taking large doses of benzos on planes are the worst. They are a hassle and a danger to everyone on the flight.

The benadryl won't be necessary, and is just going to make you feel icky. Just take 2 if nausea is a concern.

I am assuming you don't have much experience with these drugs, which means you don't have a tolerance.

Given that, the only thing you need is a couple xanax and a beer. Mixing opiates and benzos's with no tolerance is extremely dangerous(especially in those amounts).

The most crazy thing on that list is the amount of xanax, 30mg is INSANE, even for someone with a hefty tolerance and no other drugs that could end with you in jail.

Mixing alcohol and benzo's will increase their effects exponentially, not additively. Drinking 1 beer, and taking 1 xanax, will end up feeling like taking 5 of either. To be safe you should probably just forget the beer, if you are a drinker and want to have a beer, then you really need to just take a 1 or 2 xanax no more.

If you don't have an opiate tolerance, 450mg of codeine could make you sick, 300mg is a high dose of codeine, for someone without a tolerance I don't recommend going over 150mg at once.

Like I and others have said, all you should need are a couple xanax and a beer.

But people make these threads with no intention of accepting the advice given, they just want someone to tell them their risky behavior is OK(when they already know its not), so I am assuming you won't listen to this advice and will forge ahead with your cocktail. At ABSOLUTE MOST, I would take 150mg codeine, 2mg xanax(then 2mg more in your seat if necessary), 2 benadryl, and 1 beer if you must(but if sleep is the goal you should just leave it out), AT MOST. Unless you have some tolerance to these drugs, which if you do I don't know why you would need to make this thread.

The cocktail of drugs that you are considering is excessive. We are also not here to be your back-alley anesthesiologist. This is neither safe nor ethical for us to do. We are a Harm Reduction community, so giving you advice on how to approach death without actually achieving it is totally irresponsible and we will no be doing it. If you are only doing this out of boredom or mild anxiety, you need to seriously reconsider some of your logic and decision-making in relation to your drug use. You could end up dead or you could also end up being wildly intoxicated on an international flight and becoming belligerent with the flight staff. This will land you in prison, as this is not a joke to these folks.

Also, your belief that your prescriptions are legitimate is also incorrect. By having two separate prescriptions for a controlled drug on your person, you are more or less admitting to doctor shopping. Also, if you end up severely intoxicated and in need of immediate medical attention i.e. redirection of the plane and they find that you both are intoxicated by multiple drugs simultaneously and that more than what you are actually prescribed is missing from your prescription bottle, than you really won't have a leg to stand on.

I have to leave this open as I'm afraid that you are going to kill yourself, but this is not something that we do man. Please read the forum guidelines before creating any new threads or posting in existing ones. It's also pretty shameful that you're willing to put your cousin through these potential consequences man. Think.

I hope the poster is ok and just tried to hit on the flight attendants in his stupor. I would wake up in a Moroccan jail guaranteed.