• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth:Sniffing or Vaping? Which is worse?

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
For some background: I am an everyday cannabis user(~1g/day) and used to put my nose through hell(always enjoyed the burn of 4-MMC). I?ve smoked less than 10 packs of cig in my 1/4 century of living. I rarely use but when I do I sniff so it just fucks up my back teeth if I stay hydrated. TLDR: is high quality gear worse on your lungs or nose? I don?t plan on getting it again but if a one more time scenario pops up should I vape it like all the snaggletooths that sell it(no offense, it saddens me) or keep sniffing? Would dissolving it in water and using a spray avoid any more damage than just running water down your nose every couple hours?

Honestly hygiene is what plays the biggest role in the tooth decay these days, I smoked everyday for 2 years, and I've still got all of my teeth.

Both roa's have thier merits and faults, but I would recommend sticking with just sniffing it, it's alot easier to keep under control than vaping.

Except good hygiene can't prevent the teeth problems that arise from Bruxism. Xerostomia might be the most widespread problem causer and yes, to those that know better it's mostly preventable, but a brux mouthpiece is harder to talk someone into using till some moderate damage has been done. That and a good portion occurs in one's sleep after they're finally passed out. That was the problem my friend's older brother had and he spent a fortune having it fixed later in life, like a decade after he stopped, not just a couple years after, like in his 20's.

Saline nasal spray can help with the corrosiveness of snorting lines and somewhat mitigate any inflammation/ necrosis as the NaCl buffers it a little. Plain water not so much. If it burns when shooting then a pinch of NaHCO3 can help with vein sclerosis.
For smoking, which when done properly is actually vaping, try to avoid holding it in like pot smoke. It's better to smoke a little more then to wallpaper your alveoli & bronchial tubes. Water, Listerine as much as possible & Biotene for when you crash or don't have water. Brushing your teeth at midnight and noon is a good idea since your schedule won't involve much going to bed and waking up (normal brushing times). Lastly there's "plugging" which might come across as odd but another Mod who is on a break right now used to speak favorably of it, just be careful you don't do too much as it can hit pretty hard. Or you could rotate all three methods.

The water and Biotene can also help with Xerostomia (dry mouth) from cannabis if you like reg cokes and candy or just want to take extra good care of your oral hygiene. Hope it works out.

my theory is dehydration from a speed high leads to meth mouth faster than does vaping it. vaping it my throat is sore the next day, my teeth still fine but mouth dry as hell. force yourself to floss and brush rather than dwindle over details; eating meth is defo the most solid way to get the most out of it. but of course we want da rush.

lately big fan of nasal spray. you'll never snort again....

Gear is bad for both your lungs and your nose. I mean your nose isn't designed to soak up drugs.
I'd recommend plugging over insufflation.

Saline spray will clean your nostrils after lines.

Biotene is a must on meth, no amount of water can cure the dry mouth (not even holding water in your mouth continually.)
I also mouthwash and use those little dental flossing sticks.
Dunno what else to suggest..