• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc opioids, weed, dissos with prostate issues?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
Does anyone with prostate problems (enlarged prostate, BPH, or other issues) have experience or knowledge on the effects of chronic opioid, weed and dissociative use (and moderate alcohol use) on your condition?

Does it worsen or cause prostate issues or worsen symptoms?

The doctors havent figured out what is wrong with me yet, but it may be prostate related, or bladder damage from the dissos. But there is a good chance its a prostate issue. Thanks

the internet says weed cures everything from cancer to aids to prostate problems...so its been tough to find anything negative about weed peroid, especially related to the prostate. I do know if influence steroid hormone levels in the body which is connected to prostate health, so there could be issues there. opioids also.

You didn?t mention the symptoms of what you?re experiencing? Sorry I can?t speak from medical experience but ketamine, Mxe and worst of all: dxm all caused urinary rentintion that would give bupe A run for its money. I always wondered if it was just my bladder I was fucking up or if it screwed with the prostate as well. One thing I do know, when abusing 5-APD my prostate would swell until I was absolutely unable to pee unless I probbed myself for like 30 seconds which would relieve pressure long enough to let my poor little dope dick pee. I assume you?re experiencing more than a little urinary retention, huh? Sorry if you purposely left that part out.

Last edited:
Syntoms vary and include weak stream, feeling of urgency 24 7, pain in tip of penis, scrotal aching, and occasional bladder pain in the front illiac areas

If you don’t mind my asking...when you use Kratom does it exacerbate that feeling of urgency? It does me. God bless man. I’ve experienced all those symptoms other than the painful tip. Have you had an ultrasound done on your scrotum? Doesn’t explain the other symptoms but I’ve had hernias and didn’t know it until they scanned my balls lol. Best of luck.

Kratom was the worst exacerbator next to dissociatives.

Can I ask you how if pharmaceutical opioids worsen your condition, because I'm going insane now from pain and scared to take pharma opioids thinking they could worsen things too.

I have taken and it wasn't anything like kratom, but I'm aware opioids can cause urinary synotoms in ppl so now I'm in pain but too scared to treat it.

I have had a CT scan which showed nothing wrong.

yeah, actually i have experience with this. chronic prostatitis diagnosed, enlarged etc. been like this for ages. pain every day, but yoga, diet etc help. so here we go:

weed is by far the worst for me, it makes the pain unbearable, and i have no idea why that is. maybe something to do with e-2 prostaglandins as it has some effect on those, but unresearched. like you can try it and maybe it's not like this for you, but i avoid weed like the plague.

alcohol definately makes it worse aswell.

dissociative i imagine would be fine, personally low doses of ketamine relaxed me and made me not care about pain, obviously chronic use would be bad due to urinary tract effects as it would add to the prostate problems.

everything vasoconstrictive is kinda bad aswell but can be counteracted with vasodialators.

don't sit too much, walk a lot. like walk 2 hours every day if possible at all. it really helps, as prostatis or enlarged prostate might be wrong diagnosis and it can just be CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) or both, basically just tension in the muscles in that area. so try CPPS stretches (google it) and moving around more. if you have any extra questions feel free to ask

Hi dewian,

Yes i have questionsl

1. what about regular opioids? I understand they cause issues like urinary retention in some. Do they aggravate your condition? (besides the initial analgesia which may temorarily block the perception of the pain). I've had mixed results with them and trying to figure out if they are a bad thing for me to take to deal with the pain.

I've been doing stretches and pelvic physical thereapy for about two months. I've had some good weeks since this issue blew up a few months ago. Like I'll be good for one or two weeks with no pain then it just blows up again and i can't figure out what i did.

which medications have you tried and did they help?

how did they diagnose your enlarged prostate? what diagnostic tools/methods?

Do you know if its possible to at least become pain free from this condition, even though you may not have experienced relief, do you know of people that have been able to reduce the pain significantly?

with regards to weed, it always makes my injuries or pain no matter which ones they are hurt much worse than being sober. I don't know if its the perception of pain become much worse, or there is actually some sort of inflammatory response to using weed. I'm very addicted to weed but i'm wondering if i'm doing long term damage or Its just hurting me while I'm high but not doing physical damage.