• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Share your speed paste drying methods

Hapomen22

Bluelighter
Hey there, what's your best DIY method to dry out your speed paste?

Usually, I just leave the paste under a hot light source or sunshine if it's the summer but that method takes forever.

I would like to get easily snort-able powder the fastest way possible.

There has to be better and faster drying methods, so if you guys have any safe and effective techniques, please share it here with the BL community.

Last edited:
Im curious what do you mean paste? Are you talking about about after you gas your fuel and pour it threw coffee filter? If so then putting coffee filter in thick phone book and stepping on it until you squeezed all the liquid you can out of it... then letting it air dry...

Speed is sold as a wet paste at times because they don't dry it out completely and it requires drying to become a powder that could be used nasally.

Shake and bake meth is different from speed paste amphetamines

Either use:
-a heat lamp
-an oven
-double boiler setup
-a fan
-the sun

Don't use
-a microwave
-a stovetop
-ligher/candle and soda can

Simple can we close this?

Sounds like u talkin bout shake n bake... you dont have clear shards where your from?

No, he's talking about "speed" as in (European) amphetamine, not meth.

Speed paste usually contains leftover and/or added solvents. You sure as fuck DON'T want to heat something containing volatile organic compounds in your microwave, unless you are a fan of indoor explosions.

Just smear it in a glass cake pan as thinly as possible. Then stick it in a warm oven that has been turned off and it should dry fairly quickly. Then scrape it off with a razor blade.
It works well for me.

And I have to agree with Hodor as far as nuking it. Volatile solvents are just that...volatile.
If you do decide to nuke it make sure you are close enough to the oven when it bursts into flame to get a nose hit or two.

Speed is sold as a wet paste at times because they don't dry it out completely and it requires drying to become a powder that could be used nasally.

That is true, I also heard they sell it as paste because some people think it's better quality than powder...

Im curious what do you mean paste? Are you talking about about after you gas your fuel and pour it threw coffee filter? If so then putting coffee filter in thick phone book and stepping on it until you squeezed all the liquid you can out of it... then letting it air dry...

What I meant was about pure amphetamine (74% purity) in paste form, sorry for the confusion.

Just smear it in a glass cake pan as thinly as possible. Then stick it in a warm oven that has been turned off and it should dry fairly quickly. Then scrape it off with a razor blade.
It works well for me.

And I have to agree with Hodor as far as nuking it. Volatile solvents are just that...volatile.
If you do decide to nuke it make sure you are close enough to the oven when it bursts into flame to get a nose hit or two.

I thought about using a hairdryer on full power, and blowing it from underneath while it's sitting in a pan or something. The warm oven turned off seems like a great idea though! I will avoid the microwave, seems dangerous and I don't went to blow up my whole apartment and raise suspicion for cooking drugs lol.

Good luck and when you spread it it has to be thin and if you pull it out warm, let it cool BEFORE you scrape or it will ball up into hard solventless chunks that are harder to work with than the powdery stuff you'll scrape after its cool.
Be sure you can no longer smell solvent before you use any product.

He's talking about european amphetamine, not low quality US meth. It is extremely hygroscopic, even more so than coke from what I have seen/heard, and instead of getting chunky and mushy like coke it turns into paste. I don't have any experience with it myself, but for small amounts of coke I would put it into a thick metal measuring cup and use a lighter from a good distance below it to heat it up(or for larger amounts, use a bigger cup and a hairdryer on low), worked fantastically, for even larger amounts I would put it in an oven on low with the door cracked. This wouldn't work if it had already picked up too much moisture, but for storage/transport of larger amounts I would mix in a little bit of dry rice to keep it from ever turning.

He's talking about european amphetamine,

No shit. Speed paste is pasty not from being hygroscopic, but from having solvent in it.
And since it still has nonpolar solvent in it it isn't going to draw any/much water.
I cooked speed for years way before the "shardy" stuff was around and dealt very often with speed paste.
I have also had Coca paste and it is the same thing , basically, as amphetamine paste. Except, of course, it is Cocaine. Cocaine is pulled the same way speed is though.

Hairdryer and heaters fall into the ghetto methods not to use. Boil water and put a glass tray on a rack over the boiling water so the steam provides a even 110 degrees fahrenheit. Double boiler pretty much the best method next to a controlled temperature water bath they use in labs.

No shit. Speed paste is pasty not from being hygroscopic, but from having solvent in it.

It wasn't so obvious to everyone else in the thread, that comment wasn't directed at you, there are multiple people making references to methamphetamine earlier in the thread. I don't think its from leftover solvent, although I don't doubt there could be traces of it left in the batch, it wouldn't give it that consistency, water does that, not solvents(at least anhydrous acetone wouldn't), and volatile solvents would leave on their own over time, no heat would be necessary, but if you take dried out cocaine and leave it in the air long enough it will return to the chunky mushy state, I imagine the same is true for amphetamine.

And wouldn't you salt the base while it is dissolved in a polar solvent, such as acetone or an alchol(which themselves are hygroscopic), where is this non-polar solvent coming from?

Since you have so much experience with it, would it dry out without heat given enough time?

Last edited:
Hairdryer and heaters fall into the ghetto methods not to use. Boil water and put a glass tray on a rack over the boiling water so the steam provides a even 110 degrees fahrenheit. Double boiler pretty much the best method next to a controlled temperature water bath they use in labs.

not a great idea. As solvent evaps water starts to try to take its place.
There is nothing "ghetto" about some heat, but the main thing is to get as much surface area exposed as possible and that's why it needs to be spread out.
If you only have a small amount(up to a 1/4 Oz or so)heat isn't a big deal, but if you have a shitload, then some heat sure "speeds" up the process.
When we used Ether to pull it dried so fast we rarely needed to dry it out other than letting it sit as is for an hour or two, but with Min. spirits, Toluene and some other less volatile pullers you needed to take steps so it could be sold.
No one wanted to buy an Oz and lose 6 or 8 grams overnight so we got very good at drying that shit out prior to sale. And heaters were a big help.