• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finding different veins

PercocetDreams512

Bluelighter
I've been an IV user going on 4 years now and I've done my best to always rotate injection sites, never used the same site more than twice, always had clean rigs, stayed well hydrated, and the practiced the whole harm reduction deal when injecting. I have primarily used my arms and hands, but for the last month or so I've only been able to use the veins on my hands. I still rotate injection sites but i end up using g the same site multiple times and they're starting to get a lot of scar tissue. I've had a couple of times using the veins on my arm but I've been limited to my hands. This wouldn't be a problem to have track marks on my hand, but it is because my family believes that I've stopped using. It's really hard to hide the marks on your hands. Can anyone help me or have any suggestions for finding different veins?

Youll have to use a thinner gauge than usual, a lower angle and you must keep firm pressure on the hands and wrists for a lot longer than your arms. They are more delicate and blow out or leak a lot more than the arms.

I used to iv i dont anymore but had some tight pressure bandages which left no scars. Can also use a clean tight sock with the toes cut out.

I use 31g and I use shorts because I have a horrible time trying to use longs. I really don't want to continue using my hands and I've almost just said fuck it and wanted to use my feet instead but I never did. I'm 75% sure I didn't collapse the veins on my arms but I can't find a vein that is usable. I've put 2 tie offs and did the warm water thing but I've never found a vein to use..

I wouldnt use feet at all and if you are having issues at the arms then feet wont be any better and also are prone to blow outs and bruising.

I don't know how we are supposed to help. I can't advocate using any site but your arms. I think using your hands is already a really bad idea. Such sites are very prone to complications and if said complications do occur to your hands the risk of compounding factors leading to say amputation are dramatically higher.

Are we just talking heroin? Or you you been shooting coke too? Not really relevant I guess, was just curious as given your history of employing proper techniques then I am surprised you have found yourself in this situation. And if you are using a brand new needle, you should be able to avoid leaving tracks, you can either press an icecube to the injection site immediately after use, or apply heat at a later time, and no visible marks should be left.

I can tell you though that your fingers are much more useful for finding veins than your eyes. When I couldn't use my crooks, there's a good vein that runs from the crook to beside/beneath(inside) your bicep, you can follow it with your fingers for a few inches past your elbow, it will be tender flesh and be more likely to leave a mark but its in a spot thats easier to hide,

Make sure you are staying very hydrated, and you already know to apply heat/hot water to an area to bring out your veins, not a whole lot more I can tell you.

It was a long shot by asking for help but I just didn't know what I could do. I shoot coke but not as much as heroin and Ive left track marks because Ive use the same site multiple times since I can't find a vein. I'm not comfortable with the crooks anymore because of cysts and stuff from when I first started shooting and didn't practice anything but getting high.

Thanks for the link! That helps me out with everything! I've found a place on my arm that is working very well , I need to use 2 tie offs for it to work. I'm just a bit curious about the use of my leg veins, but never had the courage to actually go through. Can anyone tell me about using the leg veins?

You'd be better off getting micron filters and IMing then trying to use your leg veins. Careful with coke, it'll absolutely destroy your veins, if having trouble hitting with coke it really is best to just stop for the night(although I know how impossible that is, why I don't do coke anymore, my veins can't take it)

I may be of some help. Drink as much water as you can in one sitting without drowning yourself, sorry, then wait 15 min & run hotter water on your arm, then do push-ups but hold your press going up about mid way for a good while and if they are still not showing your index finger should be able to locate a vein.
Look at a diagram of your veins work your index to find one! If you get to frustrated walk away or take a hot shower! If your veins feel any type of cold even the house ac will put them into hiding! On top of the forearm is a vein that is close to the skin & use index to locate and mark it, you may have to register a few times so would be wise to piggyback to a new needle after a few misses!
A word of caution stay away from legs or make damn sure you are accurate to the T. I would quite IV before I go to the legs!!! I have a friend that does it & I have to walk down the street and wait for his ph call and wait for my bang till he is finished! Smallest needle for sure!