• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT & Customs& K9s

Well a dog certainly COULD smell it, it absolutely reeks. But they would have to train the dog specifically to react to its smell. I have no idea if they do that or not.

It's pretty borderline IMO as it's not specifically legal discussion, but rather a request as to whether dogs can/will smell DMT. Give me a few minutes I'm gonna confer with others about it.

K I'd assume it borderlines smuggling discussion especially since we can't give a definitive answer and that leaves liability question... That's just me

I appreciate the concern. :) I think since this is a general question and not a specific one, it's okay. I thought about it and if someone had a story to share about getting busted with dogs for DMT, it could reduce harm to others to know that.

Seems like a waste of government money to train dogs to smell a drug no one has even heard of. But, I guess they are building a diamond exchange on my interstate exit... so I suppose why not!

Well to be fair, DMT is pretty widely used, I think a whole lot of people have at least heard of it, it's one of the big ones. It also absolutely reeks more than almost all other drugs.

Well to be fair, DMT is pretty widely used, I think a whole lot of people have at least heard of it, it's one of the big ones. It also absolutely reeks more than almost all other drugs.

Agreed at least with the notoriety part. I've never used it but have always wanted to, when ready, but everyone I know has some sort of interest in it....even casual weed smokers (like who only smoke pot) know of DMT.
I'd go as far to say DMT is as known/more known than psilocybin or psilocin....not "shrooms" or "magic mushrooms" but the chemical name at least.

Never knew about the smell. Glad to have read that!

Training a dog takes a lot of time. I don?t think they are going to spend such a hassle for a drug that is pretty niche. I would only train them for the usual suspects: heroin, cocain, cannabis. Maybe amphetamin, but surely not for more esoteric things

I think the discussion should just focus on if dogs can be trained to smell and not whether or not border dogs are trained as we do not know the later.

It has a strong smell, but I'd say it's quite nice. Freebase i mean, smells like flowery soap. Now vaped smell is completely different story!

Yeah. I'm sure they CAN be trained to smell it, well I mean I'm sure they DO smell it very easily since they're dogs, so all someone would have to do is go through whatever the training process is with some DMT, the same as they do with other drugs. It's probably not that difficult since it would be a dog already trained to signal for other smells. I can imagine it would be time-consuming to train a dog to be a sniffer in the first place, but I can't imagine it's too much trouble to add another smell to an existing sniffer dog.

Yeah. I'm sure they CAN be trained to smell it, well I mean I'm sure they DO smell it very easily since they're dogs, so all someone would have to do is go through whatever the training process is with some DMT, the same as they do with other drugs. It's probably not that difficult since it would be a dog already trained to signal for other smells. I can imagine it would be time-consuming to train a dog to be a sniffer in the first place, but I can't imagine it's too much trouble to add another smell to an existing sniffer dog.

Actually, as strong as that shit smells I could probably smell it upon you opening a suitcase if it wasn't vacuumed or such.
I mean when I do an extraction I can smell that shit all over the house...smells good too...like, hmmm, "high".