• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Guys I want to come off of Gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I know the horrors of benzo withdrawal. I know how bad it was when I can off of it. I thought I was at Gods judgment. I would walk to my bathroom door and I believe on the other side of it was hell. That God told me I wasted my life and that hell was for me.

I would cringe and think well I messed up. I would be put to fear when I opened the door only to realize that I saw the bathroom floor.

Gabapentin is so close to that. I don?t want to go thru this withdrawals. Had it not been for withdrawals I would of dropped this drug along time ago.

I?ve just been starving the inevitable. So can anyone give me any encouragement. I feel like I?m going to go thru hell once again but I know it has to been done in order for me to become what I so desire.

A living testimony.

I've been on 900mg gabapentin daily for years now. There have been times where I've stopped taking it and while it may not be a day at the beach, rest assured it's nowhere near as unpleasant as benzo withdrawals (I've gone thru that too).

You'll probably barely notice it at that dose. I've heard of people on here taking crazy doses, upwards of 5g.

400 u may not even notice. I didn’t but my run wasn’t that long but much higher.

It isnt benzo withdrawal thats for sure. I have stopped it and lyrica several times now. The worst symptom is the anxiety and restlesness which is like 3-4 days. You could taper? That would probably make it more manageble if your having trouble just outright stoping.

In perspective, 1.2g still isn't an insane dose. If things get intolerable, just taper.

Babe God loves you it's not a judgment it's by our own hands we suffer. Believe when I tell you If you looked at me, the hell I put myself through after being an addict for 35+years then living clean enjoying life. Then having chronic pain from a MVA and spine issue I was on every opiate rollercoster and finally went back to heroin. On my birthday last year and 2days before OD on that fentanyl heroin crap. Died on my birthday literally. Just another casualty of this evil long time epidemic of opiates for pain. Obviously after 3 shots of narcon I started breathing again. I have one option left to control this pain, trusting Gods wisdom and having a wise doctor so I can live somewhat of a life. All that's left is Gabapentin and it's a 2400mg dose. So now what is my question?
Trying with everything I have in me.
#4GodNRecovery. Peace babe prayers up

You can taper down, so it won't be so bad

and you can likely have some benign comfort med for a day or two, like an antihistamine to help get to sleep for a night if it comes to it.

sonicwhite- I'd drop one pill a day, then move the others so they are equally spaced - hold there for a week, and if you feel okay, drop one more each week until you're off them. If you have too many withdrawals, go back up half as much. Whatever you decide - I wish you success.
Dale

You can certainly taper Gabapentin with very little noticeable effect. I tapered off 3200 mg that I had been on for nearly a decade. It was a long slow taper. I think it ended up taking about 8 months. It was basically a quarter of the total dose drop every few weeks and then 100mg drop when I got down to caplets and then spreading the dosing out to 12 hours. Never a bad idea to have a psychiatric or medical professional help you with a taper schedule.

For how long have you been taking it?

I took it for three months, 1200mg daily.
Did a taper over two week, not very disciplined though.

I felt the blues for a few days, a few muscle spasms and odd twitches. No worse than a prolonged hangover.

Once you get down to one capsule (assuming you've got the 300mg, ey?), try to spread it out, like above mentioned.

Like 12 hours. 24. 48. When needed.

Nowhere near benzo-WD's. Not even in the ballpark.
Fuck, not even the same region, state, planet, cosmos.
You can do this son. You got through benzo-WDs. This ain't no thing right here.