• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Rich but sad

Drug vet

Bluelighter
I?m a rich drug addict, I?m young. I can buy all the drugs I want but I?m still sad as can be, I thought being high constantly will make me less depressed but I feel like over time nothing helps, even dosing H at 16.

You gotta chase what brings meaning to your life rather than trying to run from the pain. Even when things are going well there will still be struggle.

You have to be with your pain. Getting high won't make it go away. You might forget about it but getting high will not change your life situation for the better 9 times out of 10- if it really even ever does.

How are you making enough money at 16 to consider yourself rich?

My guess is he's not making money, he is just given everything material that he might want by his family. Apologies if I'm wrong.

I?m 16 yes, I?m ashamed of saying it but I am. I?m rick, at least because of my age... I got 1000 in my bank account and I don?t know what to do with it... 1000$ ain?t rich.... bit for a 16 it is. I?m drunk... I always am, I want to stop taking drugs like kratom adderall meth and other shit but I can?t I.

Real talk, $1000 bucks might last 3-4 days with a real drug habit. Rather than taking pride in a number in your bank account, take pride in your ability to put more numbers in your bank account.

We are creatures of habit, it may be difficult but it is far from impossible.

Well it?s quite consistent because I work the only thing stopping me from wasting all my money is that my plugs have limited supply luckily

What kind of job do you work at 16?

When you have to pay for your own rent, food, utilities, insurance, phone bill, gas, car payment, and whatever you decide to buy- you'll see how quickly 1000 bucks goes. Mix a drug habit and you'll be scrambling for money doing shady shit you thought you would never do.

But hey, even if you rode the wave of crypto and got off before it started to dive and you are a multimillionaire, and had reinvested enough money to live lavishly off the dividends and still give your potential grandkids a massive inheritance, there would still be more drugs in the world that you could afford to buy.

You should be glad that you have limited supply before you have blown all your money, got yourself strung out to where you are no longer able to work, and are massively WDing from numerous types of drugs. I didn't stop doing drugs until I got locked up and I was buying drugs wholesale I was doing so much. Literally went insane from the WDs. If you don't know what drug induced psychosis is, you should probably look it up because that is where that type of attitude gets you, to be honest.

BUt really, I have to ask, what is your question? Or what is it that you want to talk about?

Dude, did you have a sad, bad childhood? Not trying to offend, but why are you having this much emotional pain? Maybe seeking out therapy, going on an adventure, talking to people who care or have experienced this shit could offer real help to you. You could always go to Narcotics Anonymous. From what I understand, if you act civil, you can even be on drugs while going there. It's for free and not binding. People just tell stories. And sometimes it's nice to talk or listen to like minded people who may have had the same or similar problems growing up and dealing with drugs and addiction.

I?m in a better place now then at the time of when I mad the post. I suspect I was having some sorta emotional crisis and I?m in the process of getting into a program like alc & drug Anonymous, even though I?m a lot more sober now it?s been at least a week since I wasn?t sober but I anyways want to get future support and ways to deal with cravings.

The struggle is real.. I used to think that as I got older life would get easier, but instead it's a bit of the opposite.

Problems never go away, but hopefully you can get better at dealing with them. Everyone faces challenges in life, some more than others, but we all face challenges. Be grateful for what you have and make plans and work towards where you want to be.

Even when the problems seem insurmountable, positivity can go a long ways. Keeping your head up is half the battle, don't give up.

You gotta chase what brings meaning to your life rather than trying to run from the pain. Even when things are going well there will still be struggle.

You have to be with your pain. Getting high won't make it go away. You might forget about it but getting high will not change your life situation for the better 9 times out of 10- if it really even ever does.

Very true. I've really struggled to come to terms with the idea that there is always at least a couple of concerns; one is rarely totally at peace even on holidays and during other 'rewarding' activities. It sucks to think that this fact is something to be afraid of and to run from. You can't, you really cannot escape this burden. It's the nature of the mind, to constantly seek out worries and threats.

Taking drugs simply postpones problems, and they return magnified in intensity some proportional relationship with time high and 'depth' of high.

Op, You're very young man and have a bit of cash. That could be a big advantage to you if used wisely. I won't tell you to stop taking drugs but I would seriously try and avoid the booze if you can. . . <3

Last edited: