• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How trippy is MDA? (Sass)

ThatWhiteJep

Greenlighter
So I have a good bit of experience with high quality MDMA. (Crystal form, tannish color) My guy hasn?t been able to get any in awhile but recently he told me he was gonna be able to get some pretty good ?Sass? which from what Ive researched is MDA. I also have a lot of experience with LSD, a tony bit with Shrooms, and a fair amount with DMT. But a few months ago I had a pretty big dose by accident. (550mg thinking it was 275mg) And it turned into a nightmare of a trip. So Ive been avoiding it because I believe it?ll give me another bad trip from the anxiety. So just how trippy is Sass? Will I be able to have a good MDA roll without actually having to grip onto reality? Be able to enjoy it without Anxiety? Or should I just low dose it until I find whats right for me? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

i?ve had pills that were supposedly mda and fit the description of effects (the test the buyer used only said if it was an mdxx drug and that it did not have common adulterants, so that?s all i can be positive of). it was not at all like lsd or shrooms. i am prone to bad trips, and mda was, in my expierence, not that kind of drug.

another person that took the pills did not have a positive expierence. he said they were scary and that he freaked out. he was expecting mdma and the surprise might have contributed to his negative expierence. i don?t think he had a bad trip freak out but more a ?what the fuck is this? freak out. it does have some weird headspace that isn?t as forcefully euphoric as mdma. it?s still way more forcefully euphoric and way less cloudy than shrooms.

it is extremely unlikely you will lose your grip on reality like happens with lsd and shrooms. again, in my experience, it is not that kind of drug.

edit: in retrospect, i don’t think those pills were mda.

Last edited:
Basically MDA is the party drug, MDMA is the love drug.

It's not very trippy, less than 2CB and more trippy than MDMA, similar euphoria to MDMA. Much less trippy than shrooms or LSD, do not forget MDA is the metabolite of MDMA so it's closely linked and a major serotonin releaser with a psychedelic edge. Although, if you are looking for the "magic", emotional connection and empathy effects of MDMA you will be disappointed. MDA gives a more self-centered roll, higher body load, more "floory", longer half life (get ready for a 5-6 hours roll, instead of the typical 3-4h of MDMA) and also more potent dose for dose than MDMA, so you need a slightly lower dose to achieve a similar high.

Some experience worse comedowns from MDA than MDMA, but in my case it's the other way around. Also, I would not recommend a redose, MDA is known to be more neurotoxic than MDMA.

For my MDMA it is more trippy than MDA at high doses, but the hallucinations are of a different nature.
MDA is quite longer, and somehow is more lucid. With MDMA you want to embrace everyone, with MDA you embrace yourself.

120mg of MDA is stronger than 200mg of MDMA. This is my experience.

DocLad

^That's interesting, I would say the ratio is closer to 1:1.5 : or 100mg MDA = 150mg MDMA, 120mg MDA = 180mg MDMA.

This is something I wish I knew back when I was doing a lot of MDA... I wasted a few rolls because the roll became unpleasant, so euphoric and overwhelming I was moaning words that didn't make any sens, I wanted it to end. I was super floored on a picnic table I didn't feel like moving at all just resting my head on my arms for three hours in the middle of an all nigher outside rave. Not fun. :( So, watch out so you do not overdose guys, MDA is strong stuff compared to MDMA!

Last edited:
MDA is incredibly trippy, but more in a fun, delirious seeing things which aren't there kind of way. It's kind of like more psychedelic & deeper, intense & hallucinogenic MDMA.

If somebody sells you MDA, I highly suggest you get it tested. I haven't seen MDA in a pill since 2007 and whilst there is (or was) stuff available on the DW in Europe it is highly suspect - the reports in EADD/the wider internet had little in common with MDA & sounded more like an RC.

Whilst it does seem more available in America/Canada (I've seen it a on ecstasydata a few times), most people quite simply do not have access to it and the European ecstasy manufacturers certainly don't seem to bother with it.

The comparison of MDA and MDMA is like Tramadol and Morphine. They share the main effect, but MDA offers many alternatives besides an outburst of HUGE euphoria. Tramadol ends up being an opiate (o-demethyltramadol) and offers other experiences by its affinity to other receptors with respect to Morphine. MDA the same.
I have the same feeling with DXM compared to the other dissociatives. It's curious. Somehow I have always related DXM to Tramadol, both are the black sheep of the family. lol

I haven't taken MDMA for years, my last empatogens have been 6-APB and MDA, because I like to add a dose of psychedelia to these experiences.

200mg of MDMA isn't dangerous if the right measures are taken, I mean, taking the drug following the pre-loading and post-loading tips that have been formulated thousands of times in the forum.
It's a very beautiful and intense journey, where people embrace each other to feel that universal UNITY / EUFORIA. It is a dose that puts the the beautiful bristly and at times it is overwhelming. You see yourself breathing deeply because the Reality is so beautiful and incredible that you lack your breath. It's awesome, honestly. It is an experience that paradise can teach you for a few hours. I suppose I have related these experiences to what I am looking for when I take an empatogen. I think there is no danger of overdose. Taking everything together without re-dosing is the key. I think the doses of MDMA that are advised in the forum are often too cautious, 120mg of MDMA discreetly suppresses me and I can enjoy a lot, but for that kind of experiences I prefer to use Hex-En or NEP.
I choose to take 200mg because I feel that I'm very deep inside what MDMA offers, I like to do it in a nice place, with people that I want and with the sample analyzed in EC to measure the dose.

Once I took 500mg of MDMA, it was disgusting the days after, but in 12 years that I have been in the world of psychedelia I have never seen anything remotely similar to the hallucinations that I had with MDMA. That was dangerous and I never did it again.
I understand that this forum is for the reduction of damages, but without advising anyone the doses that I wanted to give my opinion.

DocLad

Last edited:
In my neck of the woods (or I guess my old neck of the woods, we'll see about this new place I'm at..) MDA has always been fairly available. Not as common as MDMA but enough where I've been able to really learn the substance..

MDA by itself is very intense. The comeup grabs you by the balls and some people can freak out. I personally love it, and the first time I tried MDA I just couldn't stop telling my friend how important he was to me over and over. The high itself and euphoria/empathy are actually stronger than MDMA in my opinion.

The comedown matches the increase in effects however and depending on the batch the mood dip can be rough the week after.

A lot of my top rolls have been MDMA/MDA combos. Nothing beats that comeup where your eyes cross and you start confessing your love to everyone around you.

The thing is MDA is NOT a dance drug. Some people would disagree but it has always felt off to dance on MDA. MDMA and pretty much any other drug has me dancing no problem, I can bust some killer moves sober which some can't, but MDA I'll feel sober until I walk out then I'll get blasted chilling in the smoke area chatting a storm, soon as I walk back in I'm sober again. The crowd I think causes that for me..

An experience I won't forget is kayaking out to some river islands and finding a nice sandy spot to post up. Taking 100mg MDMA and 25mg MDA (that's all you need to greatly alter the roll) had us in the most peaceful state I've had in a long time. Every breath was amazing. I'll never forget it.

I should mention though that MDA is very variable in effect. I've done some research into this and my best guess is isomer ratios being varied. We now have proof this does happen and based on my experiences I think it definitely occurs with MDA too. On top of that you've got impure "sass" floating around that seems to also be different from each other..

My experiences with impure sass and pure MDA have been quite different. Sass seems even more trippy in a mushroom esque way, with less of that intense euphoria/empathy, feels less like a roll.

Many things to note. This is probably also why people have such varied opinions on it. I've been lucky enough to try many different batches so I've seen it's different masks it can wear. MDMA can vary around here but nowhere like MDA can.

-GC

Overall, MDMA is the better feeling drug it's more blissful and emphatic, but pure MDA is the more "hardcore" in the euphoria and psychedelia, if you get my drift.

Also I have to disagree with you GC, the bass feels much better on MDA than on MDMA. In my experience, the subwoofer feels more mind blowing on MDA than MDMA (I'm taking Eptic's subwoofer setup vs Excision's subwoofer setup for reference), I've had quite a few rave nights out where I would spend hours upon hours of my MDA high with my head stuck dangerously close to the sub-woofers (thank god it didn't f*ck up my hearing) and just go into a trance like state of mind... becoming ONE with the music vibes.

MDMA is memorable and magic, but the MDA ones were one of a kind... I guess the later depends a lot more on the setting than MDMA like your kayaking trip leads me to believe. But hey my opinion might be biased, after all this comes from a psychedelic enthusiast.

^^Dont get me wrong I've had a few good nights out on MDA but overall it doesn't feel conducive for crowds to me. And this is coming from someone that has no problem taking true psychedelic drugs in the exact same setting. I absolutely love psychedelics too but for some reason MDA just feels like a low key gathering type of roll.

I have way more fun taking mdma and lsd or Mescaline if I want that trippy aspect and 8 times out of 10 I'll do just that. Mainly cuz I feel psychedelics allow for more fluid dance, especially LSD, and also provide a better afterglow.

Also I too have seen both Eptic and Excision. Good shows from what I remember (years ago.) You sound like you like bass, I assume you've had the pleasure of getting your mind warped to some Funktion 1's, if not I highly recommend. F1's and MDMA is the ultimate combo haha, I'll dance from 2pm to 6am every night if I got heavy bass music and some F1's I'll go until my legs start giving out on me.

To be fair looking back I've had some stellar nights on MDMA/MDA combo pills. Maybe I'm being a little hard on it, I guess over time it's less and less amazing at shows for me though cuz all of those were like 7-8+yrs ago.

Sorry OP to not answer your question though about trippiness. When you get tripping on MDA it's moreso a delusional type of trip vs the typical psychedelic warping what you currently see. You can really get lost in it but there's typically zero fear about this while it happens.

For me it's mostly been empathogenic but on the few occasions where I did trip on it (redosing MDA really brings out the trippy side of it) I'd see things that weren't there or not see things that I know should be there. Also peoples faces will warp (just like Mescaline) where you'll think it's so and so until they speak and you instantly realize it's someone else. This can make finding your friends late at night in a crowded venue somewhat difficult.

To give an example one time I was at a mini hotel festival rolling on MDA and MDMA (half n half). We went back to the room and when I went to go throw away something the trash can was nowhere in sight even though I knew deep down it was there. I blinked and it reappeared. Later that night I fell asleep but was woke up to the fire alarm going off (kids kept setting it off with smoke) and thought it was the thermostat for some reason. The first 10min I was calm trying my best to figure it out but I slowly lost my patience and after another 10min of me freaking out on the thermostat my brother woke up and told me I was nuts lol.

Good times :)
-GC

Its wonderful, its like a little matrix theme like but then again i was mixing it off K, i saw robot spirits everwhere it was mad fun grab some K wit it.

Great post, similar situation i miscalculated and we had like 789 mg or 14 65, something like that.. but roll tide bc i thankfully had a
two 0.5 footballs to wind down

Im not sure you guys sassafras was very intense for me. Maybe because i took 250mg one does of 125 mg and another dose as soon as the first dose peaked.

I had done this for a graduation party and i had been snorting xanax all day so i wasnt sure if i would feel the effects of sassafras but i took it anyways since the vibe seemed right. The only thing i feared was the come up since the first time i had done it i was face first in the ground for about a hour but i guess the xanax cured the come up because the first dose instantly just gave me some intense visuals.
The first visuals i saw was thatbugs everywhere i saw worms on the ground, snakes on the roof and i saw ants the size of table. I really enjoyed it so then i decided to take my second dose and when i peaked off of the only thing i basic shapes, people looked as if they were made if of circles and ovals. I also spent most of the night talking to a man i supposedly made up but to me he was me but he came to real life. He wouldnt really say anything he would just mumble but i understood everything, i named him john. At one point i couldnt see anything but the color red and this was unplesant since i saw alot of demons and scary faces but the state of confusion i was in i couldnt really think about it much. But at the end of the day that roll was easily a 10 out of 10

For me it's very trippy, but not the same headspace as say LSD or mushrooms.

I'll never forget the last time I ate MDA. My buddy was selling it at the time so he had A LOT to play with. Picked out a huge brown sticky crystal and told me to eat it. It was probably at least half a gram. Ate that and proceeded to roll/trip face.

It looked like everyone was wearing sunglasses even though they weren't. There were lizardlike reptiles crawling all over the walls and ceilings. I couldn't even light a cigarette because my depth perception was so off. Couch locked for six hours leaning on my buddies.

Good times

It looked like everyone was wearing sunglasses even though they weren't. There were lizardlike reptiles crawling all over the walls and ceilings. I couldn't even light a cigarette because my depth perception was so off. Couch locked for six hours leaning on my buddies.

Good times

hahaha I have also seen those reptiles.
Good times...

DocLad

I love how certain drugs (like MDA) have visuals that seem common from person to person. (Sunglasses on people for instance.)

I should note, I believe the purity of the MDA effects the trippiness as well as the dosage. The more impure "sass" tends to be more of a trip than a roll. Whereas crystal clear pure MDA feels more roll than trip to me. Then of course if you take enough of either or redose a few times you'll be tripped out anyways.

I love MDA. It just wouldn't be the same without it, lots of beautiful memories..

-GC

Snowballs

If any of you from the UK remember snowballs(large rounded edges pure MDA) from the early 90s they'll remember the extreme trip and snack from them, 1 was mental, 2 was dangerous but 3 was unf**king real lol. The supply just suddenly stopped and a few weeks later it was in the news that German police caught a shipment of them coming from Latvia(from what I can remember it was in the millions, don't take that as gospel just my recollection. After years of ?buse my memory ain't the best lol)
Supposedly Latvia had no export after the iron curtain came down but had plenty of scientists so they saw a market and decided to fill it. It was the same time as the white does, love hearts and just a year or so before the strong mitsibushis came out. If we had any sense we'd have put a load of them in a vac flask, bury them and dig them out 30 years later.
I must see if I can get my hands on some MDA now cos I'd love te go down that road one more time.
PS and the trip off them, it was like mixing Microdots with ecus, awe wat a buzz. I mind standing outside the point in rave in Donegal, Ireland waiting to get it. The sun setting and it was just like the best cartoon ye ever did watch.....and star in lol

I've said it before, but imo MDMA+LSD > MDA (But MDA > MDMA on their own) if you're looking to add a psychedelic aspect to rolling.

MDA I find leaves me a bit hungover and the roll drops off quite suddenly. That said, I've only had proper MDA twice. Other times I've been given MDA and it just felt like normal MDMA, so I assume it was only partially MDA or passed off as MDA when it was regular MDMA. According to some sources in my area, a lot of the MDA around is mixed with a bit of MDMA. Apparently it takes the edge off? More common?

And I agree with G_Chem, the come up is very intense. I find the MDMA come up to be one of the most intense experiences, and MDA just adds a psychedelic aspect to that. I took MDA while on LSD in place of MDMA for a candyflip and probably won't do that again lol, when the come up started I thought I went a bit too far.

As for how trippy MDA is on its own, I've found this varies; its hard to find out what the ratio of MDA:MDMA is if its been mixed. My girlfriend who doesn't take any psychedelics didn't find MDA to be very trippy, and she finds 10-15mg of 2cb to be a strong trip!

Last edited:
I didn?t like MDA much, just felt like a dirty version of MDMA with less empathy and feel-good vibes. If you want trippy, just add any dose of LSD or 2CB to the MDMA and it?ll be worlds better IMO. And if you want more of a speedy feel then just throw in a little adderall or coke