• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Let's talk about cannabis tolerance

simco

Bluelight Crew
I've been talking to a friend a lot recently about his desire to lower his tolerance to weed. These conversations have gotten me thinking about tolerance as it pertains to cannabis. More specifically, although weed's subjective effects certainly do change (and to some extent diminish) in the face of heavy use, my experience with weed tolerance is very different from how tolerance has affected me with other drugs.

With opioids, benzos, or speed, for example, I have definitely found that the more I used, and the longer I used, the more drugs I had to take to get a good effect. Pretty simple--the body reaching for homeostasis.

With weed, though, things have been much more complicated. I'm a fairly heavy pot smoker. I suppose I have to smoke a bit more now than I did when I first started using a lot of weed (roughly 8 years ago). But that decrease in sensitivity is pretty small. On the other hand, the nature of my highs have also changed. It's harder now for me to get that soaring "high". Instead, if I smoke a lot in a sitting I tend to get more noticeably "stoned". I don't really mind this change. But the change is pretty stark.

So I'm just curious how folks here think about and/or have experienced issues related to tolerance and weed? Am I wrong to think that it's a really weird and complicated issue?