• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Looking for an antidepressant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafayte

Bluelighter
I have mood problems that I relieve badly with methylphenidate. I have prescribed an antidepressant which is tianeptine in 12'5mg tablets but when I have a package of tianeptine I abuse taking doses of 250mg which are 20 tablets so I want an antidepressant I can't abuse for cure my mood problems. I want it be good for anxiety and I have think in amytriptiline or any other tryciclic. Some help?

Tianeptine (Na is more effective than the Sulfate) is structurally a TCA, but very short acting and with a strong opioid effect at med-high doses, as it sounds you've already found out.

OD-->BDD

I wouldn't recommend going with amytriptiline unless you're going to use it at night. I'm on 75mg doxepin but I take it at night for the sedation. A SSRI (i.e. Celexa) or a SNRI (i.e. Effexor) have IME a less noticeable side effect profile.

You have to give medication at a normal dose, along with therapy and the support of loved ones, much more of a chance. Right now you're engaging in abusive behavior, and may well be addicted. Drugs that produce euphoria for their main effects aren't viable for mental illness. Recovery itself takes a lot of effort beyond ingesting a substance.

Trintellex changed my life. Ready yourself for 3 weeks of hell when you start, but then all side effects go away and I think clearly, I?m not moody, my libido is back, and that deep underlying feeling of blue that never goes away when on your old antidepressant, went away. I can?t thank the dr that recommended it to me enough!!

Any given antidepressant could work really well for you. There is no guarantee, but there are tons of them these days. But you're not going to find something that works really well if you're abusing drugs at the same time. And you're going to have to give it time to work. It's not ideal, but it's where the mental health system is. Give it a real chance and tell everything to your doctor. Things will end up better for you in the end for making this choice. I don't see much more value in this thread. PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.