• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol as antidepressant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafayte

Bluelighter
I have taken tramadol a lot of times in doses from 100mg to 600mg and I know well its effects. Tramadol is mu opioid agonist but too is Inhibitor of the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. This dual action produces a very important instantaneous high mood and the problems are see without suffer. Tramadol in a dose of 50-100mg three times a day is more effective for depression than all the antidepressants. I don't know why tramadol is not used to treat depression. Kill the depressive mood in 45 minutes after take it. I think that is not used as antidepressant because is pleasant and the actual medicine think that the wellbeing is a undesirable side effect instead of a pleasure for the patient that makes him disease less painful. I think tramadol is a real antidepressant that acts immediately and brings a state of positive mood and well-being instead the normal antidepressant which takes one month to act with very bad side effects and when acts brings a state of emotional death no feeling bad but neither well

well really any opiate or opioid can be a very good antidepressant :)) not only tramadol, they are know as the best anti-depressants since forever and due to this a lot of people get addicted because they self-medicate themselves without realizing it. this would be a better question for NPD or mental health although NPD is my best bet.

But tramadol isn't a normal opioid, is mu agonist but too is an Inhibitor of the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. This activity turns tramadol in a very effective antidepressant. I think for depression the dosage can be of 50-100mg each eight hours.

yeah I find that it has a little better anti-depressant effects than other opioids too but the whole class has similar properties, it depends on the body of the subject. in our cases tramadol might be better but in other cases not, nowadays I am combining it with morphine and they work wonders.

For some people tramadol is a very powerful mood lifter.

But, it's addicting and tolerance will develope. Down the road it will start to become less effective and when you try to quit you will experience powerful withdrawals. You will also find yourself more depressed than you started with after trying to quit.

So, it may seem like an effective antidepressant but in reality it is not a good long term solution.

When I took oxymorphone I wasn't depressed ;). Rafayte, I suggest you research all kinds of different anti depressants. The Tramadol will work fine, short term, but isn't really sustainable due to the stigma surrounding opiates / opioids n general. Have you looked into Wellbutrin at all. it's not quite Tramadol, but it works well.

There are some good anti depressants out there. Just look around.

If all you wanted was to make a person feel good instantly, you might as well give them straight up methamphetamine and diamorphine. The reason we don't is pretty obvious: Tolerance to euphoria develops *very* rapidly, AND euphoria tends to lead to more frequent re-dosing, which will make your tolerance rise even faster.

And Tramadol is especially problematic for this purpose, because it also comes with a significant risk of seizures and serotonin syndrome; even a therapeutic dose of 300mg of tramadol can land someone in the hospital if they take it all at once instead of evenly spaced throughout the day; this is especially true in people who are taking meds which interfere with the normal metabolism of tramadol.

If all you wanted was to make a person feel good instantly, you might as well give them straight up methamphetamine and diamorphine. The reason we don't is pretty obvious: Tolerance to euphoria develops *very* rapidly, AND euphoria tends to lead to more frequent re-dosing, which will make your tolerance rise even faster.

And Tramadol is especially problematic for this purpose, because it also comes with a significant risk of seizures and serotonin syndrome; even a therapeutic dose of 300mg of tramadol can land someone in the hospital if they take it all at once instead of evenly spaced throughout the day; this is especially true in people who are taking meds which interfere with the normal metabolism of tramadol.

Well put.

The primary action of tramadol is on the mu-opiate receptors, at least the major metabolite O-desmethyltramadol. The reason tramadol works so well in depressed people is because it works on the opiate receptors. The SNRI aspect plays a part too but i highly doubt the immediate dissolution of your depression is because of SNRI action.

Almost any opiate could be substituted for tramadol in this instance and i'm sure you'd feel the same way. The problem with using opiates for depression is that they always cause tolerance. Not only that but as tolerance builds the depression repressing effects will lessen, and no amount of dosage increase will get it back.

I wish tramadol was a depression cure, I felt the same way when i was taking tramadol a lot in my late teens early 20's. You don't realize it now but you are just deluding yourself thinking that tramadol will help your depression in the long term, i know, i was in the same spot as you.

I hope whatever path you choose works out for you.

Rafayte, you might look into microdosing psychedelics if you, personally, are looking for an effective antidepressant. It seems to work for a lot of people.

I have prescribed tianeptine, a 12'5mg tablet twice a day but when I have it I abuse taking doses of 250mg which are 20 tablets so I want other antidepressant I can't abuse and that relieve my low mood. I have think in amytriptiline or any other tryciclic. Other option is duloxetine. I want an antidepressant effective boosting mood and anxiolytic but I don't know what antidepressant ask to my doctor. I will go to the psychiatrist and take what he decides to put me

I want to take amytriptiline because is effective in the mood troubles and is anxiolytic with sedative properties that helps to sleep

very similar to tramadol but an antianxyolitic and ad is venlafaxine (Effexor) , but withdrawing from it can be pretty awful anyway if you are ok with taking it daily for a looong time then venlafaxine is your best and closest bet to tramadol, I would talk this option with your doctor first tho if you want to take it.

Thanks very much. I will say to my doctor that prescribe me venlafaxine. What is a strong dose?

well take in consideration that it won't be recreational, but for some it works wonders for their mood. I'm on 75 mg now, a lot of people feel okay on 150mg it really depends on your body but the effects can be noticed only after a few weeks really, and if it does not works after like 2 weeks aprox you can up your dose with 75 mg again. but ask the doctor if it does not interfere with your current medications, in theory it might trigger a serotonin syndrome with tramadol but I take them daily togheter and I got no problems.

I only take tramadol a few days in the past, now I won't take tramadol. I think would be good start with a dose of 150mg and it can get higher until more than 300mg. I will say to my doctor I want venlafaxine at a dose of 150mg

well beginning with 150mg at first I would not suggest it even after months of it if I take 2 x 75mg pills I feel veeery strange. but it depends on your body mechanism and etc so idk about the dosage, but the doctor will surely know where to start

I want to take amytriptiline because is effective in the mood troubles and is anxiolytic with sedative properties that helps to sleep

You are a glutton for punishment then. That shit is a noxious tri-cyclic and has a ton of sides with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.