• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to reduce anxiety when taking dexamophetamine

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed dexamphetamine and because I've done it quite a bit the side effects have increased dramatically from when I started. It's now impossible for me to take dexedrine without worrying about my heart and blood pressure because of the anxiety I get from it. I've had 50mg and I'm not too anxious but I think when the comedown hits I will be. Is there anything I can do to reduce this anxiety? Other than benzos? Thanks. Is it okay to take pregabalin with dexamphetamine? If it gets really bad a mate of mine has 500mg of pregabalin that I gave him, I guess I could go up and get it back but that'd be a bit tight.

Dextroamphetamine is mainly active in your head. it doesn't usually produce any body load. If you are speeding now, start drnking orange juice or taking a few vitamin C pills.

I enjoy taking Lyrica/pregabalin with dextroamphetamine. it will help.

Don't abuse Dextroamphetamine. It is one of the smoother amphetamines, especially during comedown.

If you are prescribed it, do you take the IR version or extended release?

I started taking Dexedrine extended release. It lasts for a long time. For me, minimum 8 hours, but 10 -12 hrs was normal.

i am now on the IR dextroamphetamine. It is still pretty smooth, but shorter duration. If you take it correctly, comedown/crash should be minimal.

Like I stated, the Lyrica will help. Most doctors prescribe a benzodiazepine along with it.

Again, eat vitamin C, orange juice, oranges, etc. That will speed up the elimination time from your body.

I will assume you have IR tabs. If you take enough of IR, you can hyper focus pretty easy, based on the dose or your mind set.

Think about something nice. Play video games, watch TV, basically anything that requires attention besides your body. The more you think about you, the rougher it will be.

Take a walk but don't start really working out. It stresses the heart I have heard. Also remember to hydrate and eat something healthy from time to time.

It will wear off eventually. I can goto sleep on it.

Calcium channel inhibitors do inhibit noradrenaline release, but that would probably be a good thing as the NE/DA would be balanced more nicely. Also, amphetamine reverses catecholaminergic transport proteins thereby bypassing vesicular release, so reduction in NE would likely be only slight.

These meds are perfectly safe to take concurrently.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/492380-Mixing-Lyrica(Pregabalin)-and-Adderall(Amphetamine-salts)

I would titrate the Pregabalin up to a comfortable dose but I didn't see any interactions on drugs.com/ FDA site either. If you could ease the DexAmp down a little bit when you don't need the maximum dose then it might reduce your tolerance, and hopefully bring the side effect profile around to something more manageable.

Lyrica seems to work better for me when I take say 150mg an hour, till I feel right. Op, don't just take 500mg if you don't need to. Jekyl, I have never seen an interaction on a list. It could potentially space you out a bit, so be careful there.

The sooner you take it as prescribed, you will have less of a chance of messing up your tolerance.

Dextroamphetamine is pretty potent. A person can feel it at as low as 5 mg. I am talking adults here. 50 mg is what someone with a tolerance might take.

Take some time and use the search engine to find out more.

For the comedown of dexamphetamine you can take Seroquel, Zyprexa or any other sedative antipsychotic. Yesterday I in the comedown of methylphenidate I took a very large amount of levomepromazine or Sinogan with a benzodiacepine. Other option are the sedative antihistamine such as diphenidramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine or prometazine. Indica weed is very good for stimulants comedown

Those may work^^, but out of all of them, good indica would be safest when used at the beginning of the comedown.

Several years ago I took one gram of mephedrone in a night and when I end with mephedrone I smoked a few joints of indica weed an there was no craving or anxiety and I felt asleep without problems

I enjoy using concerta which contains the same active drug, methylphenidate,as Ritalin but is designed for slow release.It's meant to be an alternative to amphetamine based meds like Adderall and better suited to long-term use.I'm prescribed olanzapine 7.5 mg which are great for killing a comedown and help me sleep which is great after any stimulant.Weed always helps though I find it's effects are pretty much completely overpowered by the methylphenidate for the first 8-10 hours,so save it till you really need it i.e. when the comedown hits hard.

I find the best way to ease a comedown, especially since it doesn't require other drugs(weed is usually easy for people to source but prescription pills like benzos are not as easy to get)is simply redosing with a small amount of methylphenidate as the comedown begins.

This is how I take concerta(after some experimenting to get optimum high and shortest ,easiest recovery the following day or two.
I bypass the extended release design of the pills they are,for me,hard to separate from the speed I used to take years ago.Very potent,easily giving an 8 hour high before come down starts to come on.
I get around the slow release design of the pills by simply letting the blue coating of the pills dissolve under my tongue first(blue coating contains about 23% of the total amount of methylphenidate in each pill)Then I simply cut off the inactive green plastic bit,cut the pill in half lengthways as this makes it easy to then peel each half away from the clear coating that covers each pill (in addition to the blue ,soluble, methylphenidate containing outer layer) Then I crush each section,either as finely as I can to snort or just quickly crush them into a a coarse,lumpy powder to take sublingually.

I have 27mg pills and I found with no tolerance,2 taken (after slow release is bypassed) is enough to get a pretty decent high for 8-10 hours before I start coming down.With a tolerance (often use twice a week with only 2 clean days between doses) I find 3-4 always gives an enjoyable high(personally much prefer it to speed or coke) With a tolerance,(say I'm taking less or the same amount as the last time I took some 2-3 days previously) then 3-4 will still give a very noticeable,more laid back kind of high.When I take 3-4 with little to no tolerance,it's a very strong high,rushes of euphoria,a feeling of endless energy,racing from one thing of interest to another i.e. I get really high.

When I take 3 or 4,I leave about 1 - 1.5 pills aside because it's great to have that about 8 hours later when you're starting to wilt as comedown starts coming on,that extra pill or so perks you back up and slows down and eases the comedown.

Point is,I've been taking concerta recreationally, regularly,twice a week, for the last 3weeks(took a break last month)and I find 4-5 27mg pills is still a high dose.The most I've dver taken is 8 over 2 days was fun but definitely stupidly indulgent and unnecessarily excessive,plus I was completely drained for the next 2 days physically and mentally, miserable time.So 2 x 27mg pills crushed and taken sublingually would be a decent starting dose to test your tolerance,if an hour in you don't feel much (you'd def have a significant tolerance if 2 crushed had little effect) take another crushed sublingually or snort half.I can't imagine needing more than 5 to get an effect unless you'd already built up a significant tolerance to another stimulant and used it earlier that week.

I think you should resist taking more than five in 24 hours and just give yourself a week or so stimulant free so your tolerance is low enough to safely enjoy 3-5.Also,I never take all the pills at once as it's nice to have an extra 1-2 pills to redose with about 8 hours in and ease,even almost totally avoid the comedown.I don't really feel much of a comedown after I redose even with just 0.5 of a pill.Eventually I just feel ready to sleep. So start with 2 x 27 mg crushed and taken sublingually,then take one more every hour until you feel it's having the desired effect and if after 5 crushed pills you still feel nada,then you need to take a break from the amphetamines and methylphenidate and any other stimulant till your tolerance drops cause like I said,the time I took 8 x 27mg within 16-20 hours,I was Beavis "I am Cornholio!!Are you threatening me!!" high.I could not sit still,pay attention to even 5min YouTube videos and I couldn't stop thinking out load, blathering constantly to myself and just too jittery,too harsh a high so I definitely advise against taking anymore than 5 x 27mg in 24 hours.

Your body let's you know,even while your high as hell,tweeking like a meth head and especially makes it very clear over the following 2-3days that,as many as 8 x 27mg is a bad idea.uuhh the lathargic feeling after that 8 pill binge was really shit but the complete lack of interest and inability to feel anything but intense boredom and depression was truly horrible!!Body spoke,gave me a painful slap with reality and you bet,I bloody listened :D

Last edited by a moderator: