• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help. Withdrawal of suboxone

KidneyStoneMaker

Greenlighter
Idk why they say its like after missing a dose but ive gone 4 days or more mo problem. Well its beem 7 days. My body going crazy.
I missed dr appt so no meds. Im on 24mg over a year.

How long last?
Symptoms started 6 days later.
Idk what to do
Maybe ER only choice???

It lasts a long time. I jumped off at 1 mg and it was close to a month.
high doses of lope may help u. Idk
Best of luck to you

You want to be careful not to take huge doses of loperamide because it has been associated to a risk of heart problems. Have you made an appointment to see your prescriber? Also 24 mg is a high dose and that could be why it took so long to start getting withdrawal symptoms.

Idk why they say its like after missing a dose but ive gone 4 days or more mo problem. Well its beem 7 days. My body going crazy.
I missed dr appt so no meds. Im on 24mg over a year.

How long last?
Symptoms started 6 days later.
Idk what to do
Maybe ER only choice???

How long are you going to be without it? Permanently? Or are you going to be able to go back onto it eventually? I agree that probably your high dose is why your w/d started so late, but it's very long-lasting in your body. 24 mg is probably over the ceiling dose so anything over 12-16 mg was being wasted anyway. You're withdrawing from a very high dose, though, and unfortunately, can expect it to last a long time; weeks or months, I hate to tell you. When I tried to get off it I had tapered all the way to 1/8 of a 2-mg strip before I jumped off. Withdrawal didn't start until the third or fourth day, but once it hit it never stopped, and I held on until three weeks out before I gave in and asked my doctor to start me back up. I've been on it for 10 years, though, which is part of the problem, I'm sure.

As for what you can do, can you get in with another Sub doctor or a methadone program? Is this doctor done with you or will he take you back. The way I see it, your only choices are to go back on Sub, or onto methadone, or back onto other opiates. With your tolerance, you'll have a hard time finding something that will work for you without going straight to heroin, which I don't recommend. You could give kratom a try if it's legal where you live; it helped me a lot, although it didn't take away all my symptoms. Since you've only been on it for a year, even though at a high dose, you may start to get some relief at 4-6 weeks, but I wouldn't expect it before then.

In the meantime, if you have a sympathetic doctor, maybe you can get some gabapentin, and/or benzos for sleep and anxiety, muscle relaxers for muscle cramps, and/or clonidine, which is a blood pressure medication that's been shown to reduce withdrawal symptoms, no matter what opiate a person is kicking. The loperamide isn't just for diarrhea, it's actually an opiate that's combined with a large molecule that doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier so it doesn't give you any euphoria. It does help many withdrawal symptoms, but each person is different. If you don't have a doctor that will prescribe or a clinic near you, you can try the ER. The problem there is that they can only prescribe 3 days' worth of meds for someone who is kicking, and that's not hardly going to help you much, when you're looking at weeks of withdrawal. It's worth trying, though, because I can't think of much of anything better. I hope you get some kind of help, though! Stay in touch and let us know how it's going!