Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Odd LSD Experience

Binding_Affinity

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So the other day, I was tripping with my brother on 450ug and an interesting thing happened that I haven't been able to find after reading through multiple threads. All other threads regarding passing out occur when people stand up too quickly but I was sitting down the entire time. I'm not sure if I was inches away from ego death or if I was just about to pass out. The reason why I'm confused is because I had this spatial disorientation that made me feel extremely dizzy like I was shot up in the air tumbling around gaining speed as I went. Now, right before this happened, I was just sitting down chilling in a chair but when I opened my eyes, my vision was a little foggy like when you're pretty dehydrated, hence why I wonder if it was just dehydration. I was staying hydrated throughout the trip which is why that was confusing. I remember in the moment contemplating whether I should just let go or if I should snap out of it and try and drink some water (I was worried I wouldn't wake up for a bit and freak my brother out since I was also sleep deprived). I chose to try snapping out of it and immediately got some more water to drink. I should note that I didn't sleep the night before (I had a lab experiment to run early in the morning), I took some gold kratom and also a hit of indica before this all happened around 5pm (7 hours into the trip).

So my question is do you think that was just dehydration or did I have a chance to experience something more?

A few possibilities come to mind....we can try to narrow them down.

First, I need some details on your use and experience with cannabis, kratom and LSD. Such as how often do you use each of these substances, what are your dosages like, how long have you been using them, etc...

Also, do/did you use any other substance at all? No matter how benign or unrelated you might think.

-PA

Sure thing.

I'm not a huge fan of cannabis since I feel pretty non-functional on it but I've had it enough (+100 times) to have a general understanding of how my body reacts to different strains and dosages for about 5 years. As for frequency, I took a couple hits a couple days before and the time before that was several weeks ago. When I combine it with acid, though, it's not as impairing and acts more as a trip enhancer and I don't feel very stoned. This time around, I just took a solid hit.

I do enjoy kratom a lot and have a high natural tolerance to that as well as opioids. I don't know how familiar you are with kratom strains, but I took 6 grams (light/mid dose for me) of gold Bali which, in my experience, doesn't really produce a physical high but just a pleasant sense of well-being. I take around 4-8 grams several times a week to help me study or to relax with no noticeable increase in tolerance. I've used it infrequently (not frequent enough to develop a tolerance to it from what I can tell) since August last year. I did take some of the gold the night before (~24h before dosing during the trip).

I've tripped 15-20 times at various doses since last summer. Some were trips with my brother where we just hung around my apartment or walked around the city. The others were at concerts. For home trips, I've dosed at 100-600ug and the most at a concert was 300ug. I give myself 2 weeks between trips at least but haven't tripped since March and January before that since I had a pretty busy semester.

Only other substance I took was nicotine via a juul throughout the trip. I can't say with confidence that I didn't hit it before that happened but I'm pretty sure I hadn't used it for an hour or so. I also take desoxyn for my ADHD (20mg a day) but I hadn't taken it for a good week leading up to the trip.

Hmm okay, we'll get back to that in a minute...

It just occurred to me that you stated in your OP that you were sleep deprived. Mind detailing that?

-PA

I should have mentioned that in my previous post. At the time when we dropped (about 10:30am), I had been awake for a little over 24 hours so that happened ~30 hours after I last woke up. I read up on people's experiences sleep deprived on acid and they said it was odd, not something they'd do again but interesting, nonetheless; I was intrigued and as I said, I had a lab experiment to run that morning with my partner and didn't want to risk oversleeping and making them do it all.

I also forgot to mention that I have done DXM a handful of times as an introspective tool before and after my semesters. My last trip on that was a couple weeks ago.

Hmm I'm pretty certain (as long as the drugs you had were TRULY the drugs you intended) that the sleep deprivation is the main culprit here- which would be reason enough, but then you threw cannabis and kratom into the mix, which would add to the sleep dep+LSD result. Sleep deprived trips are no bueno. Plus, you did dose fairly high.

How do you know that what you had was LSD and how do you know that it was 450ug? Same question for the other two.

-PA

Fair question. I'm in a state where cannabis is legal and it was bought from a dispensary. The kratom was bought from a trusted source based on other people's reviews. As for the acid, I'm good friends with the dealer and he tests it all before selling. I used to test it but I've built a trust with him, as we've done friendly barters in the past. I believe the doses to be correct or at least around that give or take 20ug based on various doses my friends and I have tried at lower doses which are consistent with others' experiences.

Sounds like you were just disoriented and the other drugs/ lack of sleep may have played a role. Honestly it sounds kinda cool and a little scary, but I have had very weird experiences on LSD. One time my entire left arm was numb for over an hour on a high dose. I always got my LSD from the same source, same tabs and everything and it was always a very different experience each time. Anyways, cool story.

Never dealt with amnesia, pupnik. That's another that's kind of interesting of other people's experiences; they sometimes can't remember what caused them to pass out. My memory and position in time were never interrupted throughout the experience. I was aware the entire time, or at least I believe I was since there are no discrepancies from what I can tell.

Sounds like you were just disoriented and the other drugs/ lack of sleep may have played a role.

Yes, I really believe it's the weed that got me to that point. However, the fogginess made me wonder if it was not directly drug induced, in which case, I was worried to pass out. If I hadn't felt that, I think I may have just fully let go.

Honestly it sounds kinda cool and a little scary, but I have had very weird experiences on LSD. One time my entire left arm was numb for over an hour on a high dose.

That is quite a trippy experience. I know I was able to sit very still and practically couldn't feel my body at that point unless I made an effort to move. Even my breathing seemed pretty involuntary. I generally don't worry about my breathing on acid like some do. The worst that'll happen is I'll pass out and resume breathing. However, passing out due to oxygen deprivation isn't scary to me because your body goes back to normal once you do. Passing out from dehydration is a bit more scary for me since you can't just pull water out of thin air when you pass out.

I always got my LSD from the same source, same tabs and everything and it was always a very different experience each time. Anyways, cool story.

Agreed. I've always tripped at my apartment with different people or at a concert and all the trips at the apartment have been vastly different. Same dealer and same doses on the tabs. Different batches but hey, no single batch lasts forever. Anyway, that's one reason why I enjoy psychedelics so much. The mileage is amazing compared to other substances. Thanks for sharing your story as well! Trippy shit always happens when you trip.

Like perpetual said, I think the obvious cause is the addition of these other, more relaxing drugs combined with the LSD.