Bluelight

Thread: Racism

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Swillow there have been many threads over the years regarding crime in America with a plethora of statistics about race and crime. Also the mentality that african americans are targeted by police. Its not a racist comment saying crime is a part of a cultural problem when its a known fact that crime and accusations of crime are a general part of that country. There was no racial insults or anything racist . The treatment of blrs is based on whether they are a nate or not and msybe if you cut the guy s5one slack and stop being so mean you can see hes cool as are a lot of ppl

I know it means nothing from another blr who is not on staff or even those who are who would think this infraction is over the top.

However its not an isolated case particularly in cep by not all mods.

This was a wrong call, part of a pattern and its easy to see the bullying and driving away being done so i dunno why jgrimez would want to bother with cep.

Again I hope the owners Srbastians ghost and TLB are around and keeping tabs on mods as well as us because they are the ones who can see everything and can put two and two together.

If they are guys can you please respond to this thread.

Otherwise its obvious bad calls are made for personal reasons and toure going to end up in an echo chamber, it has become that already and its obvious.

Good to have public, where accountability is demonstrated.

2. Collapse Details

This doesn't seem like it's going to achieve anything constructive, from here on in - and i'd like to avoid more toxic negativity.

Any issues, please send me a PM - but otherwise i'm going to close this.

The CE&P mod staff do a brilliant job, from my point of view - they're patient and very reasonable - and they put a lot of work into making CE&P a place where we can discuss politics and topical issues.

Racism has never been welcome at bluelight, and it never will - this is a harm reduction community, with a series of guidelines that make this pretty clear.

if you're unsure whether or not a post, topic or theme is appropriate for discussion, i encourage you to ask - there are plenty of mods, smods or admins who are more than happy to help.
    on the other hand, if you're interested in pushing boundaries of what is acceptable, i would suggest taking that "edgy" schtick elsewhere; this is an inclusive forum - it is not a place for racism, misogyny or other forms of bigotry.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    Quote Originally Posted by JessFR View Post
    You can usually get a feel for if someone actually is racist or has just said something that could be interpreted as racist. It's a gray area I admit, but what I'm asking is roughly where the line is. If a post could be interpreted as racist, if 50% of people would find it racist, is that sufficient to violate the blua? 90%? 10%? If anyone calls it racist? If the moderator finds it racist? If the moderator could imagine someone else finding it racist? How much does it matter if it was intended to he racist by the poster if at all?

That's what I'm wondering.
    hey jessfr,

i don't like responding to threads which are closed but i wanted to answer your question.

the determination of whether a post is racist is made by the ce&p forum staff.

a (rhetorical?) question for you: what's the difference between somebody who is 'a racist' and somebody who is not 'a racist' but says racist things?

alasdair

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    Quote Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
    i don't like responding to threads which are closed but i wanted to answer your question.
    this

the determination of whether a post is racist is made by the ce&p forum staff.
    This

a (rhetorical) question for you: what's the difference between somebody who is 'a racist' and somebody who is not 'a racist' but says racist things?
    THIS

If anyone needs someone to talk to about the racism stuff, please shoot me a pm. Answers await, just please be mindful I try to have a life outside of BL. I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Volunteer professional like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12