View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd first use

1950bill

Greenlighter
I'm reading 60's rock band biographies. There seems to be a common experience that if you want to know God you need to try LSD. I never have and am in my 60s. Is it too late?

Yes, God is dead.

I went to his funeral.

%)

is-god-deadcover.jpg

I'm reading 60's rock band biographies. There seems to be a common experience that if you want to know God you need to try LSD. I never have and am in my 60s. Is it too late?

It is never too late to try LSD (that was basically the main takeaway from my first trip).

Not sure if I'm a fan of the term "knowing god". Psychedelics are chemicals that temporarily alter the way your brain processes information and assigns significance and novelty; they do not endow you with supernatural abilities. Even if you're a religious person , the contents of a trip may not be religious in nature. Expecting an epiphany of sorts may actual affect your trip negatively.

The older you get the closer you are to instant gratification, go with LSD!

Absolutely not too late. As long as you're in good health, mentally and physically.

I'd say your biggest problem would be acquiring it, really...I mean, it's difficult enough for even the young folk to get their hands on....it tends to be much more hush-hush in comparison to other drugs. The supply networks are generally much more cautious.
But if you know someone (honest and trustworthy), go for it! You may not always know that person or they may never have it again...it really comes and goes these days.....disappears, makes resurgence, disappears, etc....even the biggest fans may not see it for years at a time.

Just make sure to BUY TEST KITS AND TEST ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU BUY *BEFORE* CONSUMING. Purchasing and consuming LSD is nowhere near as safe as it used to be, considering all of the research chemicals in existence and being sold now....dangerous RC's have become much more prevalent and commonly sold as counterfeit LSD, resulting in a great many hospitalizations and deaths.

I very strongly advise you heavily research LSD (and any other substance you consume, for that matter) BEFORE choosing to consume it. I highly recommend Erowid, Bluelight and Wikipedia as starting points.

If you have any more questions, this is definitely THE place to be and to ask. A lot of knowledgeable, experienced, good people here that are always more than happy to help. Plus, all sorts of info can be found here.

Hope we hear from you again.

-PA

yeah pick some up, buy an extra hit or two and test it. make sure the hit you test comes from the same piece of paper that you are consuming (the same 10 strip).

If you are in good health, heart, blood pressure, mentally, a sitter present, you should be all right.

Thanks for all the advise. I am going to try but you are right I will have trouble getting it.

Just make sure to BUY TEST KITS AND TEST ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU BUY *BEFORE* CONSUMING. Purchasing and consuming LSD is nowhere near as safe as it used to be, considering all of the research chemicals in existence and being sold now....dangerous RC's have become much more prevalent and commonly sold as counterfeit LSD, resulting in a great many hospitalizations and deaths.

It's gotten somewhat safer again in the past few years... now that most of the NBOMe's are no longer sold openly on the clearnet, and with the advent of darknet drug markets making LSD more readily available to people who don't know a guy who knows a guy who really likes the Grateful Dead, it's no longer quite as bad as it used to be at the height of the "research chemical"-craze ~5 years ago. Still a good idea to test your stuff though.

That said, not all "Research Chemicals" are created equal. 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are openly sold on the net because they occupy a legal grey area, being pro-drugs that are rapidly converted into the active metabolite LSD upon ingestion. I would personally trust these more than street acid (note: due to their pro-drug nature, they will show at best a very delayed reaction with Ehrlich's reagent, unless the solution has been warmed to a temperature where the conversion to LSD happens. Take this into account should you decide to go this route).

Last edited:
I second what hodor said above, take a look into the whole lysergamide family. There are a couple substances that are darn near indistinguishable from LSD. If you're more interested in hearing about these substances feel free to PM me, I've done some pretty extensive research on each, as well as conducted a blind test to try and distinguish them from each other.

While you are correct that the NBomes aren't being sold as openly, and the streets a LITTLE safer, doesn't mean they're (or god knows what else) not still around. I'd think it quite safe to assume that they're considerably cheaper to produce than any lysergamide.

Besides that, did nobody see that post about fentanyl blotters recently? I'd say that's quite enough reason to test tabs. Just one man's humble opinion...

-PA

I just wanted to say that the meaning or feeling of "God" can be a very hard concept to actually describe in language or can have very different meanings to different people.

Hodor mentioned that even if you're religious that your trip won't necessarily be a religious experience.

When I was 18, so 10 years ago; I tripped LSD for the first time and before dropping that tab, I was an extremely religious Christian. We ended up reading out of the Tibetan Book of the Dead and by the end of my trip. I was 100% non-Christian.. It definitely jarred my beliefs to my core but I wouldn't have it any other way now.

My trip was extremely spiritual in nature but was the exact opposite of religious.

I am eternally grateful for that first trip; for setting me on my spiritual journey that I am still on today.

^^
I must say, "the exact opposite of religious" is a perfect articulation!

Last edited: