• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

what are some drugs / supplements that inhibit CRF1?

trainman04

Bluelighter
I came across this study http://www.psypost.org/2017/02/rese...rns-chronic-stress-pathological-anxiety-47544
and it says how CB1 and CRF1 are the most important genes involved in anxiety. Now im wondering are there any ways to inhibit or decrease CRF1 with supplements or drugs are there any studies that has shown such drugs? I know Marijuana the THC content increases CB1 but for the CRF1 I was wondering is there any ways to inhibit CRF1?

Unfortunately the one CRF1 antagonist that made it to clinical trials for anxiety, pexacerfont, didn't have effects distinguishable from placebo. There's one drug, verucerfont, currently in the pipeline for treatment of a rare genetic disorder, congenital adrenal hyperplasia. But currently nothing in the pipeline for anxiety, and no drugs on the market that have CRF1 as a target.

Hypericin, a component of St. Johns Wort, might have CRF1 antagonist activity. But there's a lot of other stuff in St. Johns Wort, including low-level MAOIs.

Unfortunately the one CRF1 antagonist that made it to clinical trials for anxiety, pexacerfont, didn't have effects distinguishable from placebo. There's one drug, verucerfont, currently in the pipeline for treatment of a rare genetic disorder, congenital adrenal hyperplasia. But currently nothing in the pipeline for anxiety, and no drugs on the market that have CRF1 as a target.

Hypericin, a component of St. Johns Wort, might have CRF1 antagonist activity. But there's a lot of other stuff in St. Johns Wort, including low-level MAOIs.

ST johns worth decreased levels of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) mRNA by 16-22% in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11526469

thats amazing 20% decrease, if you do find any other supplements that decrease CRH/CRF1 let me know.

If I?m not mistaken, all SSRIs will reduce CRF. Most likely, the same goes for most antipsychotics. ?ST johns worth? used as an antidepressant.

If I?m not mistaken, all SSRIs will reduce CRF. Most likely, the same goes for most antipsychotics. ?ST johns worth? used as an antidepressant.
show me studies, all I know is prozac reduces CRH and zyprexa inhibits CRH.

which ST johns worth did the study use? Hypericum perforatum,perika,hypericin or hyperforin? which is better ?