• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anything negative about doing heroin after buprenorphine?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
Did some bup WITHOUT the Naloxone a few a hours ago.. I'd assume heroin can still have its full effect right??

Did some bup WITHOUT the Naloxone a few a hours ago.. I'd assume heroin can still have its full effect right??

Incorrect. The bupe will probably block most of the heroin. Its a common misconception that the narcan blocks other opiates.. its actually the bupe itself as naloxone does not even get absorbed sublingually, and even if it did it still wouldnt do anything because bupe has a higher binding affinity. Wait a couple days before doing the heroin.

oh also, if the heroin is actually fentanyl then you WOULD be able to get high off of it.

It's is actually fentanyl.. Lol. Never new that just straight bup without the blocker could still block.. That sucks

Lol bupe absolutely blocks other opioids. The naloxone is only there to discourage iv.
These are probably important things for you to know if you're gonna play around with opioids lol.....you really need to research the drugs you consume. To not do so puts you at great risk of harm or death (or at the very least, hellish experiences such as PWD for instance, wasting drugs, etc).....but perhaps you don't care, it would seem.

-PA

It's is actually fentanyl.. Lol. Never new that just straight bup without the blocker could still block.. That sucks

Yes... bupe is the primary 'blocker' either way. The naloxone is just there to scare people and or for patent reasons.

Lol bupe absolutely blocks other opioids. The naloxone is only there to discourage iv.
These are probably important things for you to know if you're gonna play around with opioids lol.....you really need to research the drugs you consume. To not do so puts you at great risk of harm or death (or at the very least, hellish experiences such as PWD for instance, wasting drugs, etc).....but perhaps you don't care, it would seem.

-PA

Bupe does not completely block fentanyl

Yes... bupe is the primary 'blocker' either way. The naloxone is just there to scare people and or for patent reasons.

Bupe does not completely block fentanyl

Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't to some extent, considering fent's potency.
But it's far from harm reduction to tell this dude that clearly has very little opioid knowledge when he's likely to try a breakthrough dose and possibly kill himself....just my opinion.

-PA

No, you're going to waste your heroin if you take it that soon after the sub. It has a long half life and as long as it's in your system it has a blocking effect for any opioid agonists like heroin. I suggest waiting for a day or two before using the heroin. Be safe though.

I think suboxone broke me

I took suboxone for a couple weeks now its been a few days and I can?t feel my oxy. Will this go away ??

It's the bupe that blocks other opiates, not the naloxone. The naloxone is added in to try and prevent people from shooting it by causing precipitated withdrawals. The bupe blocks other opiates because it binds so tightly to the receptors in your brain that other opiates can't "knock it off" of them if you will and bind instead.

And for the person who said they can't feel their oxy, bupe royally jacks up your opiate tolerance so your best bet is to take a break. You won't feel "high" from oxy for at least the next two weeks, and even then it will be much diminished and not what it was before the bupe for awhile- at least a month in my experience.