• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I'm new and need someone to share their experience with oxy detox with tramadol taper

Bigwhytngga

Greenlighter
Im new, this is my first post. I'm competent with my communication and composition skills so I think I got this down. I'm detoxing from oxycodone, 100 mgs a day. I had a total foot reconstruction and I'm having complications with severe pain for 4 months now. My doctor referred me to pain management and cut me off. I went to another doctor who prescribed me tramadol 50 mg and 300 my Neurontin. With 200 mg tramadol and 600 mg Neurontin I'm on day 3, surprisingly with no major withdrawal feelings. With that being said, the dosage I'm taking is more than prescribed and if I continue with this dosage I will run out before my pain management appointment. My question is what is a good taper so I will not go through withdrawal from the tramadol and Neurontin?

Are you in a legal weed state? I recently did my own little home experiment post surgery for a broken leg by taking the prescribed painkiller oxycodone (couldn't handle the stomach pain), then Tramadol (helped), then weed+extra strength Tylenol. The last combo worked just fine for me. Yes, there was still pain but truthfully none of them can take it away completely. If you are in a legal state you might want to try it unless you don't do well with weed. Another thing that can really help address the pain is acupuncture but most insurance barely covers the cost.:(

I wish I was in a legal weed state. And I definitely can't have weed in my system when I go back to work. I think pain management is going to work with the nerve blocker or epidural what ever it is. I'm mainly concerned about tapering off the tramadol so I don't withdrawal from it before my pain management visit. And I'm pretty sure I am going to have to have some left at that visit so I don't want to run out and start off with a bad impression on the doctor that's gonna be giving my pain meds.

If legal in your state: Kratom

If the time-frame permits... acquire some kratom. Either from a head-shop (look for anything maeng da-it may be real and work) or an online vendor that ships quickly.
Not a proponent or flag-carrier but it will do in a pinch.
Good luck and godspeed.
Ptah

I had a gastric sleeve surgery where 80% of my stomach was removed. I used to parachute 10 one gram bundles of kratom several times a day and it would get me through withdrawals, I also used to make very strong tea's like 200 grams in 2 quarts of water and 3/4 cup of lemon juice. I can't parachute anymore because my stomach is too small, the last time I tried I ended up throwing up power and choking on kratom powder that I inhaled while puking, it was a terrible experience. I can't drink the tea any more because the vinegar, alcohol, and lemon juice used to release the alkaloids all upset my stomach due to a hiatal hernia I developed post op of my sleeve surgery. With that being said, what I was asking for is a taper plan for tramadol that would prevent withdrawal symptoms and not run out. I have legitimate pain and have been reassured that I will be prescribed pain mess that actually work from the pain management doctor, but I have checked around and found most do not prescribe on the first visit and don't want to have withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited:
My god that is a lot of kratom to consume... lol
I understand the need to taper from tramadol but even the smallest amount of kratom can help with that. I got off some fairly strong opiates with 1-2 grams of the powder just by mixing it in a couple ounces of water and downing it. No taper was necessary and had lots of pills and "stuff" left to play with when the urge hit me.
Just don't take the tramadol until you visit the doc, would be my suggestion.
Good luck... just thinking this is beeing over-thought, IMO. Sorry if I seem a little less empathetic.

I don’t know much about tramadol but if you do run out, small doses of loperamide ( 10-16 mgs) unless you have used it a lot before could help with the withdrawals just a heads up, at least here in California, pain management drs typically try other things before opiates like nerve blocks, steroids etc. meds that work doesn’t automatically translate to opiates in most cases

I just started the same thing and am curious how it went for you? 60-80 mg per day Oxy, 4th day completely off Oxy with 200mg Tramadol. First 3 days a breeze, felt uplifted, felt like I had my brain back, wasn't as overwhelmed, no oxy cravings. Today completely different, anxious, craving oxy bad. Can't tell if this is in my head or 4th day is bad because Oxy is mostly out of my system so not feeling the affects of both now. Tramadol scares me over 400mg can really lower seizure threshold. I know I am on 200 mg but if the rest of the days feel like this I will need more to hold me over. Added some weed inbetween and that helped a lot as well. Thinking of adding in some Kratom tincture, but honestly Kratom makes me so sick, if I could have used Kratom that would have been my choice over Tramadol. I cannot handle the powder without terrible stomach ache and usually vomiting. I can handle tinctures better, but no enough to use as entire substitute. My idea here is just get as much time between me and that damn oxy as possible knowing that I will still have WD from Tramadol from what I understand it's not nearly as bad. Any advice much appreciated ?