• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I?m a sinner worthy of damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my thread got hyjacked. Love one another!

It does seem to have lost it's point in endless and senseless name calling.

I've noticed a few posts that seem to be pounded out in anger, has anyone stopped to check their emotions when communicating here? If you're feeling anger or resentment or some kinda negative emotion about something you've read in someone else post you need to think it through before writhing a childish, emotional rebuttal.

When you feel anger remember it's a feeling and it's only in you, not the person you feel it towards. Sharing anger is like sharing a flu, doesn't help you at all but now more people are miserable.

When you feel rage over something someone wrote, you might need help. When you think your writhing is making other people angry, you do need help. The whole purpose on interaction and communication is to learn and enjoy each other's perspectives not fear or hate what you don't understand.

Assuming god made everything, it makes no sense he would make a human thats so prone to temptation and sin, know this is what we are like and just chuck humans into damnation if they are a big bad sinner.

Maybe he made you at this stage of the age of the universe to see biblical stories be taken figuratively .

It would gave been helpful to have a bible be a continued series up until today as science has advanced enough now to be able to get answers of our origins whereas the bible was the only theory of our existence.

Imagine I was able create an intelligent robot to serve and please me.. most people would consider that pretty damn creepy . . .

If you gave it "free will" all would consider you a god!! Be sensible, Gary.

Last edited:
^^^ In other word, Gary, if I were a robot and you gave me "life", I would be more than grateful to you. Did you understand that?

If a person sees life as a list of no's and a series of walls made to keep people corralled like cattle it really is their choice.

It's also completely impossible for someone who believes they are behind a wall to see the other side, even an imaginary wall, everything starts in our imagination before we act on it and bring it into our real world. The walls, religious and otherwise, are very real to the people who see them, once you realize it is all in your head it's a lot easier to clean out wrong thinking.

I am fairly certain we use a form of self hypnosis to make ourselves believe the unbelievable. If you hypnotize someone to not be able to read English they will not be able to, English words will look like chicken scratch or some unpronoucable word. When I speak to people who have made faith commitments they are similar in that they can't see obvious logic and it becomes like speaking to a hypnotized person. People who have been self hypnotized during a low vibrational alpha state may need permission to wake up from whatever they have fixed incorrectly in their mind. Not everyone is either able to self hypnotize or be hypnotized but it becomes really obvious when you find one, they come back repeatedly to the same nonsense language and they are incapable of seeing their mistake.

When I see myself doing the same pattern (like getting mad at a ref in a sport), I've come to appreciate the opportunity to see what I'm putting too much value on that isn't even real.

Anger is my clue to me that I need to time out and see what's wrong in my headspace.

^^^ In other word, Gary, if I were a robot and you gave me "life", I would be more than grateful to you. Did you understand that?

How can there be such a thing as a dead consciousness? Consciousness.."you" are, by definition, alive. you aren't given life..Being Dead is not a state of being at all, you can't BE dead. life IS you. you are part of the tapestry of all consciousness. It's like saying that God gave the flame its fire..it's nonsense.. the flame IS the fire.

Last edited:
What I was saying is you know molesting a child is wrong. Who? Put that there if there isn?t a supreme being with Moral laws?

I?m called to ministry, but I?m more of a theologian that actually believes that Christ is the Son of God!

The "Golilocks Zone" is another name for the habitable zone, so yeah, we're not the exact distance away from the sun for survival, we're within a relatively narrow band that makes life as we know it possible. Still amazing, but not proof of god.

I beg to differ. That so called narrow band of "habitable zone" is compared to infinite space. You do understand? - infinite!! Our planet, is the only blue marble out there, the rest look barren and dead. Our planet is the only one that supports life. I and many more know this is very "special" and you will too, as soon as you lift the Veil from your face so that you can see and come to the light.

Last edited:
Whatever man. Pointless... you've got a real chip on your shoulder, it would be nice if you could communicate and disagree without being insulting and condescending. Yourbaker had some wise words in his last two posts.

sonicwhite, sorry your thread got hijacked. You're a good guy, and it's obvious you're coming from a good place. I disagree with some of your assertions, but if all Christians were coming from a place of love like you, I think people might have a different idea of the religion.

Love is the only way.

You have my full agreement on that Sonic. I don't believe anything I can disprove, at one point I had rejected all religions and the very idea that there may be a purpose to our existence, today I've found almost every religion offers up some insight into what and who we are. I still cannot say I have any belief but I do have understanding that I can only change two things on this planet one is how I think and the other is how I act. If I spend all my time trying to force someone else to agree with me I've wasted my opportunity to just be me.

I still find it challenging when I see people trapped by beliefs that if they even look at another idea and consider it they may somehow lose their soul. It reminds me of the old stories of first contact when the shaman felt taking picture was stealing the people's souls.

The scripture verse I think most important is that perfect love casts out all fear. If you have fear and you are coming from a Christian starting point you should be able to realize it must be an issue with you, the love of god removes fear with understanding. You can't understand things unless you study and scripture demands that you do study. Don't put your head in sand and wait for help, study and find your way out.

I like the way you clarify the same point that you already made to make it appear as if I misunderstood you when actually it was the other way around..you completely missed the point I was making. A classic misdirection tactic.. You are one slippery customer.

It's okay Gary, Yahweh only want willing participants. He's given you the choice.

It's okay Gary, Yahweh only want willing participants. He's given you the choice.

"Worship me or go to hell" isn't exactly a choice though, is it?

The whole idea of a supreme or ultimate being seems to be derived from our own will to power.

"Worship me or go to hell" isn't exactly a choice though, is it?

Yeah, it's coercion... roughly equivalent to saying "give me all your money or I'll kill you". Except that eternal torture is much worse than death. It's a false choice.

Can we please just have this thread closed?

It has devolved into name calling and it doesn?t help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.