• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed causes insomnia

Foreigner

Bluelighter
Does anyone have this problem?

Seriously... if I smoke in the evening at all, I'm awake all night. It doesn't matter if it's indica or sativa. I've tried strains low in CBN but it makes no difference. It makes me alert and mentally active.

For me its a good sleep aid - but if i get too engrossed in something, yeah i guess it can go either way too.

I used to have exactly the same problem with weed which is one of the reasons I never smoke anymore. It doesn't relax me at all but makes me very conscious of my body and surroundings and makes it impossible for me to drift off to sleep.

It'll usually keep me up an hour or two more than I mean to, like my mind is racing or something. The sleep is never as deep either.

well it really depends on the herb.. high cbd might work better for you because the trippy head high is somewhat reduced.

but yeah, I remember as a teen, when i used to smoke larger amounts than I do now, smoking immediately before bed meant that I would lie awake with trippy feelings and cevs for another hour or so until the head high died down and I got sleepy. I enjoyed it back then, but now, after some years of struggling with anxiety, it can get uncomfortable, so I don't smoke a lot before I go to bed anymore. small amounts an hour ahead of lying down definitely makes me tired though.