• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Has Anyone Here Had Luck With Telekinesis Or Levitation?

Well, you'll remain 100% human regardless of what you do because that's what you are. But I understand what you mean. I pretty much believe in being able to read auras and I am agnostic about the idea of spirits and other external spiritual entities... I have had some experiences that were very compelling as have people I am very close to. My mother one time dreamed her dad's funeral and then 2 months later it happened exactly as she dreamed down to very precise details (she was an adult at the time, it was within my lifetime). I just think it becomes very easy to start to believe anything and everything, and to develop grandiose thoughts about yourself. I was there back in 2006-2007/2008. Eventually I realized I was basically accepting any idea that fit into what I wanted reality to be like, and rejecting anything that challenged that, which was really quite a dishonest way to live.

I don't want this. Honestly, I had the idea that I was going to try to become telekinetic a complete whim one night when I was watching self-defense/MMA videos on YouTube. I have been considering going back to martial arts classes, and I have been watching a lot of online tutorials on MMA self-defense moves as I've been considering taking classes in a different martial art than I trained in initially. Then, I stumbled across a video of someone allegedly performing telekinesis, and I thought to myself......... woah, this is way cooler than this other stuff I'm learning. I was not approaching it with a mindset that was remotely "spiritual" or anything but rather simply had fantasies of flashing my newfound, awe-inspiring ability. It wasn't that I had any intention of developing the incredible level of spiritual devotion and adopting a new way of life that would go along with developing a serious psi ability like this but rather me having fantasies of walking into my first day of martial arts classes and being able to say, "I can knock over the biggest heavy bag without even touching it"....... and when everyone lines up punching/kicking the bag, I'd just stand like five feet away and hold my hand out in front of me Star Wars style and topple a 200 pound heavy bag with unseen forces and just imagining the sense of power and awe-struck expressions. Not only will I admit that my primary motivation was simply showing off my "powers", but I also was thinking that if I were to develop such a rare and coveted ability that I would likely be able to profit off of it as well.

I also was extremely over-confident in my ability to actually become telekinetic, believing that if I had the dedication to become a black belt, complete a college degree, and start my own business, why would becoming telekinetic be any different? I even thought to myself, "I'm sure I'd have a huge advantage over most people. I'm just such a dedicated and driven person." Frankly, I simply thought of it as nothing more than a far cooler version of the MMA self-defense videos I was watching.

Though, when I think about it, rather than having a "leg up" in terms of developing these abilities, more than likely God was just laughing and shaking his head at my arrogance on this rather than thinking, hmmmmmm, who should I grant the power of telekinesis to this week....... hmmmmm, maybe LandsUnknown, he seems like he'd use his powers wisely. Plus, wouldn't it be cool if he could just flash his newfound superpowers to all his friends and acquaintances. Plus, since he already owns a small business, he'd probably be able to make a ton of money off of the fame that would come with having such a rare and coveted ability. I think that's exactly what humanity needs. The more I think about it, the idea of me actually developing such an ability is utterly laughable, just as it is for **nearly** every other human.

And honestly, if I did somehow succeed at performing telekinesis, I would be utterly terrified.It wouldn't be like the days the days in college of scoring 100% on a difficult test that everyone else struggled to pass, walking out of one of my martial arts classes after winning a sparring match against someone far larger than me, or having a successful day with my business. If I were to become telekinetic for some reason......... I would be awe-struck in a way that was one part positive but the other part....... "HOLY SHIT, WHAT HAVE I DONE! AM I POSSESSED? WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HAVE I DESTROYED MYSELF? AM I EVEN HUMAN ANYMORE?"

I also feel like this would alienate me from other people. I think that a lot of people would be frightened of someone with such an incredible power. The closest thing I have to "having powers" is that I'm able to see people's auras. While I still haven't figured out how to use this ability and have been able to do it for a few years now, I think it's pretty cool that I'm able to do it. However, some of the people I have told about my ability to see auras have been slightly freaked out by it and as a result, it's not something that I talk about unless I'm fairly close with someone. I think that if I developed this ability, I think a lot of people would be more than a little freaked out if they knew I was telekinetic and many would likely run, not walk away. So, yeah I'm glad that I'm not telekinetic and don't have to wonder if I'm human or not :)....... and I wouldn't want to scare people like that.

This is all complete bullshit.

As someone who has trained with UFC fighters, who currently trains with a BJJ black belt who corners UFC fighters, who himself is a BJJ brown belt, Karate brown belt and experienced in multiple arts, you CANNOT win a fight with telekinesis.

Anyone who thinks you can is off their rocker.

Aikido is one of the worst bullshit scam martial arts out there.

Not once have I heard of anyone using it to win an MMA fight.

Want to learn practical martial arts?

Learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai kickboxing, Judo, Sambo or MMA.

Aikido is one of the worst bullshit scam martial arts out there.

Not once have I heard of anyone using it to win an MMA fight.

Want to learn practical martial arts?

Learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai kickboxing, Judo, Sambo or MMA.

In China I saw performative martial arts like in the video and it looked so fake, but the spectators were really all over it. They watch way too many kung fu movies and they wish that special powers were real.

To be fair though... saying something is a scam or not -- doesn't that depend on what your goal is? If it's inner cultivation but not fighting, then every martial art has something to offer. I mean, I never planned on using taiji to defend myself, but it has greatly influenced my understanding of my energy body / health.

Yes. It came naturally and honestly caught me off guard. The first time, I was completely sober. Since I've only levitated while using LSD.

@Mycophile: MMA is not a practical martial arts. it's the american equivalent of everything else we do here.... royally f**k something up.

guys on steroids who know a lil bit about martial arts and throw out all the rules to recreate gladiators is not true martial arts.

the rest of the self defense forms you mentioned are not easy. the techniques are relatively easy at beginning to moderate levels but there is a lot of training that goes into them to perfect them plus not every form of self defense is right for everyone.

practical martial arts are american schools btw. (those you speak of have not much to do with the original)

humans. perfect something with an equation, mass produce it and make money off of it and you think you know everything about it while losing out on the heart, soul and meaning of it.

question to you: where does MMA come into telekinesis and levitation?

@LandsUnkown: interesting points you bring up in the quote that was called b.s.

to the room: what does having a negative view on a most curious and yet widely unknown topic have anything to do with each other in a constructive manor? conspiracy theorists are just as bad as those who oppose them. the hate is circular and doesn't get anything and anyone anywhere in proving or disproving anything. if you don't like the substance, don't read the thread. seems simple enough.

I have seen telekinesis performed only once live. It was at a library in Edmond Oklahoma. A man with long wavy hair of about 40-50 years old performed the demonstration in front of us kids. He crumpled up a newspaper and floated it up and down. The first thing I thought to do was look up at the ceiling. 'Maybe there was a wire making this illusion possible'. The ceiling was tiled, there appeared to be no trick.

I can't remember his name. I could have sworn he called himself Houdini. Not the Great Houdini. The name also might have been similar to 'Houdini', like Edini, or something of the like.

In one of my rehabs that I went to I saw a guy Ignite a candle that blew out just by looking at it so as far as believing in these things I've had my own Eyewitness and I know for a fact there is lots more than meets the eye when it comes to human abilities

I can completely insanely say that I know how it feels to move through stone and breathe underwater as well as flying.
Telekinesis or levitation never worked for me (yet) as I have tried.

@Mycophile: MMA is not a practical martial arts. it's the american equivalent of everything else we do here.... royally f**k something up.

guys on steroids who know a lil bit about martial arts and throw out all the rules to recreate gladiators is not true martial arts.
Sorry, but, this is just absolutely wrong, and spoken like someone who really knows nothing about MMA or martial arts in general.

Firstly, there is nothing specifically American about MMA. Even though the most well known organisations may be American, MMA itself - as in, mixed martial arts - is practised all over the world, and the current state of MMA is the culmination of many years of evolution of the practice with the express aim of taking the most effective parts of a range of different styles, and distilling them down into the most effective techniques for unarmed combat. You can see this in the evolution of organised competition as well, yes, in the early days these may have been no rules, anything goes style scraps - although even these would have required some skill - but nowadays we can see that the skill sets of the vast majority of top level fighters have converged so that even though there is still huge individual difference, the less effective techniques have been largely discarded and the most objectively, reliably effective techniques remain - namely Muay Thai for striking technique and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for grappling.

The practice of competitive MMA in it's current form is a battle-proven science, and everyone at the top level is an athlete and a world class expert in their field. To say that they just know "a little bit about martial arts", you could not be more wrong. Modern MMA competitions also do have rules, and they have always had rules. Obviously rules are needed if it's not going to be an ugly ball-kicking, eye-gounging, finger breaking few rounds of savagery - yes, one could argue that the success of MMA fighters in the ring is not a reliable indicator of how these techniques would work in real life, but this would be a foolish argument because no-one is going to be able to get close enough to a skilled MMA fighter to stick a finger in their eye in a real life situation anyway.

And yes, steroid usage does happen, but it does in almost every competitive sport, and it is not a universal thing by any means. There are plenty of fighters who choose not to use steroids and take pride in being a natural athlete (again, like every other sport), and the UFC at least and probably many other smaller organisations do test for this and take steps to prevent it.

I heard that's perpetuated to see if you are easily believable. Otherwise, you are using a concerted effort in order to manifest your own will?

@Vasstness: HAHAHA!! aaaahhhhhh, thank you. i needed a good laugh. this game was a lil intense.

you sound american when talking about this, thanks for the reminder of where i live and how idiotic things are here in the way people are misguided in their beliefs. how's that blue pill treating you?!

Vastness said:
this is just absolutely wrong

actually this is wrong. not you defending MMA but in you telling me my opinion is wrong.

on top of that i'm all for reading a discussion on martial arts. like anything else there are a few people out there who really know what they're talking about. i don't talk about the finer points of pig wrestling, i just enjoy watching it if i'm so inclined. and just like MMA i will not discuss it with people, no point cause like pig wrestling, it's just a bunch of hog wash and for amusement.

what i was getting at is it is not relevant to the thread and here's supporting evidence...

Vastness said:
taking the most effective parts of a range of different styles, and distilling them down into the most effective techniques for unarmed combat.

martial arts aren't about this. the ones relevant to the thread anyway.

I'm not American, although I'm not sure how my nationality is relevant to anything I said.

actually this is wrong. not you defending MMA but in you telling me my opinion is wrong.

on top of that i'm all for reading a discussion on martial arts. like anything else there are a few people out there who really know what they're talking about. i don't talk about the finer points of pig wrestling, i just enjoy watching it if i'm so inclined. and just like MMA i will not discuss it with people, no point cause like pig wrestling, it's just a bunch of hog wash and for amusement.
If something interests you so little that you don't know anything about it, then you shouldn't be so certain of the accuracy of your opinions about the topic. It was clear from your previously stated opinion, and you have just confirmed, that you know next to nothing about MMA. On that basis I don't see how you could even be surprised to be told that your opinion, in this instance, is quite wrong - let alone assert that it was actually wrong of me to do so.

martial arts aren't about this. the ones relevant to the thread anyway.
Right, but this isn't a claim I ever made. I was responding quite specifically to your own statements that...

MMA is not a practical martial arts.
...because it most definitely is practical. And also to your claim that those who practice MMA are, predominantly...
guys on steroids who know a lil bit about martial arts
...because the second part is just completely untrue, and the first part (about guys on steroids) while it may be partly true is still an unfair characterisation of the sport.

What is or isn't "true" martial arts isn't what I was disputing. If you think practising MMA is for some reason against the spirit of "true" martial arts, then I might disagree, but I'm not really interested in arguing the point. That said, as I mentioned if you know next to nothing about MMA I don't see how you can even make such a claim about what "true" martial arts actually are.

Oh yeah, and the thread topic... No-one has had any luck with levitation or telekinesis in the traditional sense because neither are physically possible for unaided human beings in this universe.

^ haha, ok. you win.

you know more than me about everything by inferring so much from what i haven't said about the topic while speaking of why something isn't relevant to this thread. and thank you for telling me what i do and do not know about anything without first ascertaining what i know. people putting words in my mouth (and especially misquoting me) is one of the reasons i get out of bed every day.

i'm of the mind anything is possible. until it isn't.

Last edited:
If you think anything I've said is incorrect or that I misunderstood you in some way, please do challenge it. I mean no offence, and I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you directly. There are just a lot of misconceptions and harmful stereotypes about combat sports and those who practice them, hence my feeling the need to draw attention to those specific points.

As far as anything being possible, sure, anything is possible, in some sense. When I say telekinesis and levitation are not possible, I am necessarily using a kind of hazy definition of the word possible.

For example, I would also say it's not possible for pigs to fly unaided on this planet, and it's probably impossible for a pig to be born with such a fortuitous set of genetic mutations that they both possess wings, are light enough to fly, and are still recognisable as pigs.

Equally I think it's probably impossible for a human being to be born with the necessary traits that they would possess supernatural powers, with no evidence of an evolutionary progression of these traits - or for an adult human to spontaneously develop them, for even more reasons. Of course none of these things are truly, completely impossible, truthfully we don't know all that much about the nature of reality or that anything is definitively impossible. But I would say it's staggeringly, monumentally unlikely, IMHO only, of course.

i'm too tired to challenge it and frankly don't want to. i'm more familiar with you than you are with me i'm afraid and i'm too weary to balance out the scales today. i can say i was playing off of those stereo types by mocking them and yet taking them to a new level to prove them true. but this is neither the time nor the place. no offense taken and none given.

in some sense. similar to this reality being a dream, matrix, hologram, illusion, creation, marble, a mere atom in a much larger universe. the list goes on.

who says pigs need wings to fly?!

the evolutionary progress your seeking is right in front of you. the limitations of that progress and of the capabilities or potential are merely in question and are going to come to term be it permanently or temporarily shortly after our mortal flame is snuffed.

we know more than we are comfortable with or care to admit to ourselves, not as much as we think but more than we accept in the now.

when considering the possible the impossible must be taken into account (aside from a few lines of inquiry) otherwise it's painting a picture with a car tire on a canvas the size of a post it note.

Oh yeah, and the thread topic... No-one has had any luck with levitation or telekinesis in the traditional sense because neither are physically possible for unaided human beings in this universe.
Umm... I don't get it. Why? Why is not possible? Just because you think so? Assuming my higher self from a higher dimension or frequency is what aids me... what then? Is it still not 'me' performing the magic? How are you so sure this is not possible? Have you interviewed everyone in existence and those who have already died as well? If so, I'd like to know what's happenin' with my uncle Slendy. Haven't seen him since he disappeared into the woods to live with the Sasquatch.