Anti-Media Truth Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamistFireTiga

Ex-Bluelighter
Truth In Music

I want to talk about and share music that contains truth. Music one finds meaning about life inside of. Music that is socially conscious and goes against the grain of making music solely for profit and fame. What is true is up to you to decide. I will share a couple as an example of what I view as truth in music.

Sometimes music videos speak just as loud as the song itself and contain meanings of their own one would not grasp just by listening.

Last edited:
I've never been able to figure out how to embed videos (I know it should be easy but I followed videos telling me and I still can't), but anyways, Black Flag's "TV Party" was one of the first to come to mind:

https://youtu.be/psUOyXGacL0

I've never been able to figure out how to embed videos (I know it should be easy but I followed videos telling me and I still can't), but anyways, Black Flag's "TV Party" was one of the first to come to mind:

https://youtu.be/psUOyXGacL0
Mycophile on the top of the posting box there is a small icon to the far right, next to a chat bubble to the right of it. Looks like a tiny roll of film with a tree picture to its left. Click that and paste the link however it should be in www. format not the youtu.be format.

Sorry no time to look it up right now but I hope that helps for the future.

Black Flag's "TV Party" was one of the first to come to mind:

Mycophile you can also manually type out the embedding code for videos with brackets as follows [] the word video should be between the first one (just read how to embed stuff here it will explain much better than I am) and the second bracket to the right of the link should have / before video.

Classic punk band it sounds like? Nice. I might start a television thread in another section. Mainly regarding its impact on the brain and how it dumbs down society at large.

Like dude I didn't one day say hey F society man let's bash the mass media. No more like I tuned into something I just can't turn my back on any longer here.

What is anti-media truth?

Hate the system, not the media, imho

Also, y'know -

What is anti-media truth?

Hate the system, not the media, imho

Also, y'know -

To be honest it is just a name.

Meant for impact.

Not to be taken at face value.

Anti as in against the lies of the media.

Inspired by an outlet called Anti-Media.

The jello biafra one is awesome, but it's spoken word.

To play devil's advocate - I'm the sort of person that loves and values the media - i just avoid and disregard shitty corporate trash media. But i reckon there are plenty of good journalists out there - the corporate press can be vile, but that's why we should give our traffic and money towards good media. Support good stuff - good writers and publications deserve and need peoples' support.
I think greed is the reason the mainstream press don't take their democratic responsibilities seriously.

The jello biafra one is awesome, but it's spoken word.

To play devil's advocate - I'm the sort of person that loves and values the media - i just avoid and disregard shitty corporate trash media. But i reckon there are plenty of good journalists out there - the corporate press can be vile, but that's why we should give our traffic and money towards good media. Support good stuff - good writers and publications deserve and need peoples' support.
I think greed is the reason the mainstream press don't take their democratic responsibilities seriously.

I agree with that. To be honest I was piggybacking on the Anti-Media.

I love good media. I will edit the concept above now that you mention it. All things change and fade away in this world of impermanence I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.