• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone hooked on a drug they don?t even enjoy?

Legally High

Bluelighter
Have you experienced it?
What keeps you coming back?

For me this med is stimulants. I find myself haveing a hard time getting up without them, however the way it makes me feel is terrible. I feel anxious gloomy and depressed. Like I?m a cold robot and nothing is funny.

The reason I take it? Built a tolerance and need some to get going. Another huge factor is I take gabapentin and kratom and wake up so groggy I don?t want to move.

Gonna send this to drug culture, it's not appropriate for BDD.

To answer your question though, I used meth for 2 years and never got the slightest hint of euphoria from it.

I take clonazepam just to feel normal after 3+ yrs of regular use. When I'm out of it, I get super jittery and paranoid. Pregabalin helps somewhat, but I'm pretty much a slave to K-pins now.

To the person who said benzos, I was dependent for years and it was awful. Constantly tired and it?s a depressant making poor choices. Stopping was insane but it was unbelievable the difference it made.

someone said:
I take clonazepam just to feel normal after 3+ yrs of regular use. When I'm out of it, I get super jittery and paranoid. Pregabalin helps somewhat, but I'm pretty much a slave to K-pins now.

I can relate so much to this.. too many years I've been eating these pills...

Tobacco for sure is on the list
Methamphetamine used to have that problem for me 4+years back when I had long run with IV methamphetamine use, but now days my use of that stimulant is sparse( 2or3 days/month max) and don't use that ROA & dosages are 20mg maximum

Yup cigs . Getting exspensive , hate the smell , nowadays you are looked at like a criminal for having a smoke outside in public, knowing it will kill you .

I don't find great enjoyment in opiates but I am a junkie.

They are better downers than benzos or brews but that is not saying much.

If I had a GHB source I would probably be hooked on that instead.

I recently stopped drinking every day. I don't even like alcohol it's just easier than ever to buy affordable decent tasting beer and liquor and I have poor impulse control and am prone to anxiety, self destructive behavior and escapism. Alcohol relieves anxiety, destroys you a little at a time and makes you feel elsewhere in a sense. Tricky pit for me to climb out of, I feel a lot better abstaining. I really should just stop.

FuckinAcid I turn into a wreck anytime I do gaba drugs. I recently went through 2 and a half Xanax bars in 2 days and it fucked my ability to sleep up for a week.

That's actually probably why I get addicted to opiates often. I want to relax without turning insane.

I'm prescribed 4800mg gabapentin a day which is considered a gaba drug. I don't take it every day but doesn't give me problems like liquor and bars.

I was addicted to benzos for a while a hated it the whole time. I'm currently addicted to fentanyl and I smoke weed daily but I enjoy both.

I did meth for over a year. I didn't think I would get addicted to it because I never really liked it. I moved in with my boyfriend and he was an addict , so anyway I found myself addicted after a while.
First off life can suck already , why would anyone want to be awake for it??? ALLL NIGHT. I already couldn't stand myself. Oh God.. the nights. . The HOURS. The torture of laying in bed staring at the ceiling completely consumed with a deep dark sick anxiety.. . Thoughts racing ,tugging , pulling , around and around my head..
Some people make use out of this drug. Some people get things done. My brain chemistry is not set up for stimulants to have anything but a devastating effect on my psyche.
I'd sit for HOURS and not say a word in a crowded room. Alcohol would help .
I would become completely and utterly mentally crippled. And I'd do it day , after day , after day.
I heard a guy say one time , the deffinition of crazy , is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. But doing the same thing over and over KNOWING the results , and doing it anyway , THAT , is truly insane.
I'd have to say that I agree with that statement.

I can relate, amphs are literally no fun and if anything make me less productive, less social, and most of all less happy. I even start getting facial twitching. It?s like I take it for the initial hour buzz for the rest of the day to suck.

suboxone was the most addicting drug that i enjoyed the least that i was hooked on. not dependent on anything today though

crack is kind of a nightmare for like 2 minutes of being high

Last edited:
I've been drinking since I was 13 or 14 but didn't realize it was going to be the bane of my existence until my early twenties. That's when the pain and suffering started to overtake the fun. Then the fun went away altogether and it was just about drowning out the thoughts and the anxiety. Now it doesn't even do that anymore. Well it does but it's so temporary it's ridiculous and not even close to worth the damage I've done to my stomach and my brain and everything else.

I'm in a terrible cycle with benzos and have been for years now. I can't function socially without them. I use them to numb myself after a drinking binge. As you can imagine I've lost weeks and months of my life with literally no recollection of them ever occurring. I still have the foolish belief that if I could just give up the drinking, maybe I could live a pretty good life and function with the benzos...idk.

But yeah, those are the two main ones for me. But I'll zap my brain with anything.

Closest I've come to feeling like I was hooked on a drug I didn't care for was Xanax. For a while I was doing way too much Xanax despite not even enjoying it that much.

Events conspired such that I wound up having to get off a mild Xanax habit cold turkey over Christmas several years back. Very not fun. I mostly drank a lot and smoked a lot of weed to help. Which it did somewhat.

I still use benzos, and still enjoy some benzos like diazepam or oxazepam from time to time. But I've never used alprazolam since. It's not enjoyable enough, its half life is way too short, it's way too prone to using excessively for me.