• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does Kratom extract measure up?

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok I am getting a oz of Kratom extract. I plan to completely come off of Kratom soon.

I?ve dabbled in Red and Green Meang for a little over a month.

They just keep my anxiety st bay. I don?t have the tools to resist to let my tolerance go down.

So how does Kratom extract feel. I?d it like regular Kratom?

My oldest sister became addicted to it. Three hospital visits, the loss of her house, 2 totalled cars and 3 jobs later and she still can't get off of it. Doctors have given her the proper comfort meds over and over to help withdrawal since she's 60 years old and they don't want her to die. But she goes right back to it.

It's much much stronger than you might realize. Just please be careful. My sister's life is ruined. The high paying job, home ownership and nice Lexus has become a minimum wage receptionist job, an old rented apartment and a 14 year old Mustang she purchased for her daughter as a graduation present.
All drugs could do this but the incredibly rapid downturn took everyone by surprise.

Some people think Kratom isn't a big deal. I think the extract is scary and would avoid it. I'm not being an alarmist and I'm on a ton of meds myself, but something about the extract must be different. Take it for the shortest amount of time possible if you can. Obviously there's something about the withdrawal syndrome that is different than opiates/opioids.

We've all paid her bills, helped her in every way possible, stayed at the hospital, etc. I wish I knew why the extract did this. She took hydrocodone for years with no problems. In my mind it's evil and I'll never touch it. I wish she'd smoke pot instead.

sonic, I do a fair amount of kratom. i've tried extracts, but mostly i stick to ground leaf. if your plan is to get off kratom soon, I think dabbling in extracts will be counterproductive for you.

In my experience, extracts just speed up the inevitable elevation of tolerance, and other than that, their difference from leaf is just quantitative (yes, extracts can have a lot of alkaloids in them; they tend to be stronger than leaf, more or less by definition), not qualitative (i.e. the experience isn't fundamentally different).

With all due respect to the hardship that chronicpain54's family is going through, that kind of addiction sounds like a real edge case when it comes to kratom habits; not a strong indicator of what your experience will be like. But I do agree with him/her that kratom extracts are best avoided in general.

Thank you all for the warning. It?s coming tomorrow and it?s too tempting to not try.

So I?m going to keep in mind that it?s just too costly and dangerous.

I?m hardly getting any effects from the lead. And I have such a hard time resisting. It helps my anxiety. I was cut cold turkey Suboxone in March and that was excruciating.

I got thru it tho but I was left with physical pain that I never had before.

So today I use Kratom for my anxiety. I will never touch a benzo again. The way to not be in benzo withdrawals is not feed the fear of it so I stay off forums that just fester their withdrawals.

I agree with simco, if you are gonna come off kratom soon don't mess around with extracts. The only experience i have with extracts is that they are pretty weak and the ones that are strong might just be an RC opiate thrown into some kratom leaf, it's happened before and definitely isn't unheard of.

I know you've already ordered some extract so i don't expect you not to use it but if you want to taper off i'd suggest just using plain leaf.

Now I wished I didn?t order it. I get my Kratom fronted to me because I?m faithful to pay my friend back who works for them.

Unfortunately now I?m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I do want off the Kratom.

I want to face my anxiety so I can learn to live with it.

It?s just so hard when I wake yo and BAM! It hits me like a ton of bricks.

Now I wished I didn?t order it. I get my Kratom fronted to me because I?m faithful to pay my friend back who works for them.

Unfortunately now I?m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I do want off the Kratom.

I want to face my anxiety so I can learn to live with it.

It?s just so hard when I wake yo and BAM! It hits me like a ton of bricks.

I don't want to minimize the down sides of using extracts, but assuming you don't have a shit-ton of it coming, doing some extract is really not likely to bring major negative consequences. If you're going to try the extract, my advice is to try not to do it too many days back to back. If you can leave a couple days between uses of extract, even better. That will reduce any impact it will have on both your tolerance and any WDs you'll eventually have.

It's you're really planning on "quitting soon", why the hell are you purchasing extracts?

That's like saying, "eh, I plan on quitting opiates soon, so I'm gonna buy some heroin instead of codeine this week". Probably won't work out well. That's not to say kratom extracts are equally dangerous as heroin, but that it's a comparably much higher potency than what you're on (and therefore more addictive)- so you're taking a step up when you're talking about taking a step down.

If you seriously choose to go through with this, good luck with that....and let us all know how it goes....

-PA

Yeah, if you are thinking of quitting Kratom then using extract is the exact opposite of what you want to do since it's much stronger.

However, extracts are a lot of fun and I don't personally feel they are dangerous (despite that poster's bad story about her sister, which is too bad, they aren't likely to kill a person), but Kratom extract most definitely is quite addictive and considerably more so than regular plain leaf.

I only very rarely use an extract because they strongly increase your tolerance to plain leaf and then you'll need more of it for it to work and I don't want that.

Kratom extracts are really like a whole different drug from regular Kratom in a way IMO because they probably have some other alkaloids (I can't prove that though) and they are just so much stronger.

I don't know why Falsiefiedhypothesi hasn't felt them to be strong but everyone's experiences are different, but in my personal experience strong extracts can be every bit as strong as a good dose of Hydrocodone or Oxycodone, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are nearly close to as physically addictive, though I am not sure they depress respiration like those.

So I mean, there's no reason IMO you couldn't dose an extract one day, then say, like 5 days later dose it again or something, but I wouldn't make it a repeat experience or something you do more than like say, 3 times/3 days spread out, and it's really the wrong direction to go in if you want to quit and will only make it harder, especially if you happen to be dependent on regular Kratom now, it would only make you more dependent so proceed at your own risk.

Last edited:
Honestly, OP, if you are seriously trying (considering, even) to obtain extracts, that seems to me, to be a loud and clear signal that you aren't actually, truly yet ready or wanting to/interested in getting off of the kratom.

I hate to sound negative when you need positivity, but I have some pretty serious doubts that this attempt will be successful- not only because of the fact that deep down inside, you must not truly have that desire (which is reason enough for most people to fail)- but also considering the fact that you say you are self medicating.

You clearly have some pretty immense obstacles in your way; I'm not saying that you'll fail for sure, or that it's impossible because it's far from it....but I'm saying you're really gonna have to do some soul searching and decide what you truly want, and what YOU'LL have to do in order to achieve it. You're seriously gonna have to plan this out very carefully.
It will be tough, but you CAN do it if you truly want to, and care enough to take the necessary steps.

You know all of the Bluelight community is behind you.
If there's anything to help, reach out. We all wish you the best in your journey and will do whatever we can to help.
Plenty of good-hearted, intelligent, experienced people here for any inquiries you might have, or advice needed. This site and its community are excellent resources and a strong support system; so you're not alone.

Best of luck,

-Perpetual

I find the worst issue with extracts, even making my own, is cost (and time to make). I get very little bang for my buck. The only reason I do dabble in making them is to kill the bacteria and to reduce the body load of leaf material. I find kratom easier to taper than some drugs since taking too much makes me feel worse than not taking it at all.

Well dodged a bullet. It?s going back because he put the wrong address.

I?m thankful for God?s provision. I told him just to keep it. Now I?m able to resist.

Kratom is a relatively easy drug to come off of in my opinion. What dose are you on per day? What i have done is to taper off slowly, go down one gram per day. With that kind of taper you should be pretty comfortable and only get very minor withdrawal symptoms.

Well, good things occasionally happen.. Wrong addresses aren't usually good things, but in your case it probably was..
Still, you had the option of flushing it or pouring it on the lawn or something along those lines.. You don't have to take something you ordered.. It's not an absolute requirement.

He put in my address my old one that is not being used anymore because the mail carrier can?t get over the hump that is in front of it.

I told him what address to use. I have no idea why he used my old one.

I didnt have the strength to dump it out. So I see it as a sovereign blessing.

I really do want to try to control my emotions by myself. Kratom used properly is a great tool, but unfortunately I can?t seem to take it correctly.

I am very tempted but when it?s in my face I can?t reject it plus I would be pretty much plushing my money down the drain.

So I just told him when it comes back to you just keep it. If I?m going to use Kratom I have to learn to be able to control myself.

I'm the same way bro. If the drugs are there, I will find a reason to take them whether needed or not.

Maybe it was divine intervention that it was going to the wrong address. ;)

^
I take several things I don?t like daily just due to the dependence. I even made a post about this a few days ago lol