The God Node

freedom rings

Ex-Bluelighter

Now before you go interpreting the word God in the title please know the definition that applies to what one is encouraged to post in this thread relates to positive energy.

What is positive energy and how does it differ from the only other type that exists in the universe which is negative?

Well to me it is as plain as day and night. Some music will have a mix of course so I will leave it to you to determine what you share.

The common ground for posting and discussing is music that makes you feel like it carries your mind forward, forward as in towards freedom. I suppose I cannot interpret what that should look like for anyone other than myself.

Or rather it does not need to lead you anywhere it just needs to speak through what can be seen as what is true according to what you deem to be the truth of life.

I mean if I called this the Demon Node surely people would post different things as well.

So another name for it is The Love Node. Discuss/post as you will.

Interesting topic. I'm slightly too scatter brained today to muster up any sort of useful reply but I will have a think about it. Certainly I find music to create one of the most transcendent experiences I know. I listen to a lot of different styles, from electronic stuff (IDM, ambient, psytrance, etc.) to metal (which is my true love) and all of it, be it fucking black death metal or strnge ambient has the capcity to really transport me from my everyday struggles. Its one of the most important things in my life. I also create music and play guitar and drums (all very much amateur) and this provide me with another way to escape or rise above the everyday.

I look at era's like the 60's and can see that I am not alone in my experience. Music speaks in a deeper and more ancient language compared to our everyday poor attempts at communication. It conveys something that speaking/writing/etc. ever can.

This thread may get more of the sort of responses you're after in the Philosophy section. We can leave it here for now and see if it picks up some replies; if not, I shall move it over for you. :)