Bluelight

Thread: Acetone wash left to dry became thick

1. Collapse Details
    Acetone wash left to dry became thick 
    I just checked the acetone I had left on a plate that was used to wash meth. I used probably a cup to do it which I know is way to much. I lost a lot of product so I transferred it from a glass cup to a plate so it could evaporate faster. Did that about 3 hours ago and now just checked and there's some liquid that's really thick. Smells a little like acetone but definitely a huge difference from what was there. What would that thick liquid be?

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    It's an acetone slushee consiting of whatever cuts were in your meth and probably some meth too. You're gonna lose some product when you do an acetone wash, meth is never gonna be 100% pure. Let's say it's 70% pure, that means you might appear to lose a quarter of your stash but all that shit that's lost is not meth.

3. Collapse Details

So the cuts do recrystallise upon evaporation of the acetone correct?

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Yes. Where else would they go? Anything that's dissolved into the acetone is gonna be left over when it's dried. If you are planning on using what you recover from the acetone just make sure the acetone is completely dry first.

It's going to be mostly cut in the acetone as long as you have anhydrous acetone and didn't contaminate it. So using whatever you get out of the dried acetone is going to be really shitty.

Did you weigh your product before and after the wash? This way you will know how much cut you've removed and can get a general estimate of how clean your stuff is.

5. Collapse Details

I just eyeballed it and it was a substantial amount. But even the stuff leftover sucked and didn't produce much of a burn or high whatsoever. Tasted a little sweet to

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dstrcto47 View Post
    So the cuts do recrystallise upon evaporation of the acetone correct?
    You realize meth isn't soluble in acetone, right? Everything in the acetone is cut...

7. Collapse Details

Yes of course I realize that but there's other variables. I used a white coffee filter and some seemed to escape through it. And the acetone I bought is from Amazon listed as ACS Grade. It doesn't list it as anhydrous but in the questions and reviews, users reply and say that it is anhydrous. I've only done the acetone wash 3 times now so I'm new to it

8. Collapse Details

My personal experience with acetone is that it has a fatty residue inside. The acetone I buy at 99.5% when it evaporates leaves a whitish residue similar to Vaseline. With 0.5 ml it is enough to see the residue.

I've bought several acetones during my life, and I have always had this fatty residue. A full cup should leave a lot of residue.

I suppose you should buy high purity Acetone to avoid encountering this fat film, which usually costs around of 50€ per liter where I live.

DocLad

9. Collapse Details

Well I got mine in Amazon that's ACS grade and the comments and reviews said it was anhydrous so I didn't bother with the Epsom salts

10. Collapse Details

It can be anhydrous and contain contaminants. Acetone is a very effective solvent. The bottles that you buy on Amazon are from the bottom of the barrel, which inevitably contain dissolved fats.

DocLad

11. Collapse Details

So could that be why the end result product seemed almost worse than before the wash?

12. Collapse Details

Yes.
    Rinse the substance again in acetone, pour the solution through a coffee filter and recover the methamphetamine.
    Do it with the cold acetone of the freezer.

In this way the fats will return to the acetone and you will clean your methamphetamine.
    Then, do not evaporate the acetone to recover anything, because you stay with the fats.

Evaporate 5ml of pure acetone from the bottle and see if it leaves a residue, and tell us for curiosity.

DocLad
    Last edited by Doclad; 20-05-2018 at 03:01.