• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pregabalin doesn't seem to work for me

isaaccain

Bluelighter
Last night I took 550mg of pregabalin. It was my first time and I took it 500mg of it all at once. I barely felt anything. It took 2 hours to come on and during the come up (if you can call it that) I felt slightly dizzy and slightly sick. When it finally hit I was off balance and had a slight body high, but I was still sober enough to talk to my dad and walk down to the shop to get some cat food while the police were there. I took 60mg of codeine and that made it a bit more interesting, but it was still a really mild buzz, so I sniffed another 50mg of pregabalin, then took another 30mg of codeine. I don't understand why I barely felt anything, after looking online all I can find is people saying Lyrica is amazing but it was shit for me. I'd eaten a mcflurry and some cheese bites from McDonnald's about 2 and a half hours before taking it. but that's all I can think would stop it working.

Sounds like the typical effects from the dosage taken. Lyrica doesn't get you utterly trashed unless taken in large amounts.

When you get up there in the dosage it lowers one's seizure threshold, esp if you have any pre-exisiting issues in that area.

Sounds like the typical effects from the dosage taken. Lyrica doesn't get you utterly trashed unless taken in large amounts.

But that is a large amount, especially for a first-timer. Hell, I came back to pregablin after a couple of weeks off and 450mg had me feeling like I was floating.

It can be a subtle effect - don't expect to be bombed off of your ass although that can happen sometimes if the stars align.