Gradually Increased Doses or Spiked Increases?

ElkHorn

Bluelighter
For this next cycle I'm going to be tapering up doses throughout the cycle as suggested in the sticky.

What I'm wondering, is if it would be better to increase the dose in "spikes", say 200mg increase every 2-3 weeks, or gradually increased dosage with something like 25-50mg increase every shot.

These are just examples so you get the idea of what I'm asking.

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.

I'd personally go with a relatively smooth taper, but it also depends on how practical that is for you. I get some guys to inject like 0.3ml, 0.5ml, 0.7ml etc, but others aren't really up to that level of micromanagement and just step up 1ml at a time like you're proposing. Considering the half-life of a longer ester, there'll still be a certain kind of gradualness.

Depends on the ester. If Its a longer ester then larger "spikes" won't be an issue. If short ester, then I'd do smaller increases. For example, I'd up deca or test e/c/sust or eq by 100-200 every 3-4 weeks if needed but NPP, tren ace, test prop id up by like 50mg.

^Id probably agree with both of those. I never understood how guys could have 12, 16, 20 week cycles laid out with everything down to .1cc doses tapered or this or that. I'll do .5cc adjustments at minimum and usually just 1cc at a time because I'm kinda the opposite of OCD lol.

That said, depends on ester more as well. Lingered stuff I'd tend to bump by [Mod-Edit don't be ridiculous, how many times do you need to be told we are a harm reduction forum] /week (.5cc adjustment since I'm usually injecting 2x a week at least) or 100mg/week short ester just for practicality.

That said, depends on the purpose too. General every day cycling doesn't need big adjustments usually. If it's contest prep though, I've made large adjustments quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to start with the heaviest dose at the beginning, like 750mg test e and 600 mg eq weekly, when the gains start slowing down, ill lower the dose since the gains keep slowing even if I up the dose and its just so much more toxic to your body, I know some people think its better to taper up but that hasnt been the case in my experience.

I'll go with the smooth taper then. I have OCD, so the increments like what you propose are right up my alley. I mindlessly added an extra 0.1mL of water to my GH this morning which drove me crazy. Had to recalculate so i could be at as close to 3iu as possible, lol.

I have a list on my computer documenting the exact amount used in every shot i've taken so far.

This is a bit of a tangent, but i've found OCD to be helpful with weightlifting and more recently with using AAS. Workouts are extremely regimented with very precise form and strict adherence to set and rep scheme.

I'll go with the smooth taper then. I have OCD, so the increments like what you propose are right up my alley. I mindlessly added an extra 0.1mL of water to my GH this morning which drove me crazy. Had to recalculate so i could be at as close to 3iu as possible, lol.

I have a list on my computer documenting the exact amount used in every shot i've taken so far.

This is a bit of a tangent, but i've found OCD to be helpful with weightlifting and more recently with using AAS. Workouts are extremely regimented with very precise form and strict adherence to set and rep scheme.

Obsessive compulsive tendencies can be beneficial to this life style especially if one is getting serious such as competing. Lots of structure, timing, measuring, etc and that's outside the gym. Rationing and budgeting resources. Honestly you can't really be too nitpicky, it'll only help as long as it doesn't drive you mad.

^That on the driving you crazy part lol. I'd off myself within a couple weeks if I ever got forced to live like that haha.

That said, I will say I think that often intuitive training can be worlds more beneficial than regimented training and getting caught up in reps and sets. Some of the best workouts I ever have are ones where I don't count a single rep and just go in with a mind-muscle connection goal and move weight until I can't. Can't do that all the time but I think it can be limiting to get stuck in any single routine.

I like to start with the heaviest dose at the beginning, like 750mg test e and 600 mg eq weekly, when the gains start slowing down, ill lower the dose since the gains keep slowing even if I up the dose and its just so much more toxic to your body, I know some people think its better to taper up but that hasnt been the case in my experience.

Don't you think that protocol is pretty retarded..!!