• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

First post. If you have taken Suboxone hear me out.

T

TonyWithTheTommy

I have a question about getting on some sort of opiate/pain management replacement meds like Suboxone , Subutex, methadone or whatever
I'ma 28 year old male and have been doing opiates for about 11 years.
I have never been clean for more than 3 weeks in that time.
It was never everyday for extended amounts of time because of money problems. I'm more of a binge addict because I have no problem taking 30 Roxie's In 3 days and drinking and doing benzos.
After that I may go 2 weeks til pay day with only weed and alcohol so I don't really know how physically addicted I am because the withdrawals aren't to bad. No where near as bad as opanas or the months of poppy seed tea but that was years ago
But I'm 100% mentally addicted and prolly to weed and alcohol too but it's always around.
To make things worse in November I broke my arm because I was skateboarding to the corner store on Klonopin and 32oz king kobra malt liquor and I was going to get more like an idiot half blacked out and I broke my elbow and coller bone
since I don't have insurance I went to the Dr once after the er visit and the recommend a cast but because of insurance and money issues I left with an arm brace and and sixty 5 mg oxycodones and four 2 mg Dilaudid. I was never albe to go back to the Dr and now of course 6 months later I'm still in pain alot of daily pain and my elbow is messed up pretty bad and a friend's dad who was a foot Dr so not exactly his specialty but he said he would recommend it be rebroke and reset.
Now adding being legitimately in pain daily and ruined my opiates usuage. I've started knowing buying fent pressed blue oxys because normal oxy does help and they are everywhere but of course because of money I don't do them daily.
I really want to some how get of some sort of replacement med. But I don't know if I have to go to the Dr after I use? Or can I go the week or 10-15 days I'm clean from opiates?
Ive learned I'm powerless trying to quit with my own with kratom or gabapentin or pst or benzos and alcohol or anything and now that I have legitimate pain I have to take something to deal with the pain and i don't want to do fent pressed anymore or opiate binges or my fingers going numb all the time and not being able to make a tight fist with alot of pain in my elbow.
Do I have to be withdrawing to try and get these meds? I've taken subutex recently and I was able to make a whole one last 4 days and was never high and i was in zero pain and had zero urge to redose or even get high. I have taken 2 full ones before and got extremely high do I understand it can do that but that not what I want anymore.
How should I go about getting something that will help me and I don't know if subutex or suboxe or methadone or what would be great or any at all. I just know the behavior I've been doing for 10 years plus needs to end but I can't deal with the pain sober. I'm not sure what or how to do anything.
In advance I apologise for how this was written and formatted.

You would be a good canidate for methadone maintenance. It will giv you some pain relief while killing many of the cravings. Just try not to run your dose above 100mg if at all posible.

cj's definitely right--methadone will help with your pain much better than burprenorphine (whether suboxone or subutex) will.

personally, i'd start with buprenorphine. If that doesn't cut it for you, stepping up to methadone is always a possibility. some of the matter comes down to which medication's attending support will be better for you. at least in the US (not sure where you are), a suboxone program will give you a lot more freedom than MMT will. on the other hand, for many people, the highly structured nature of being in MMT is very useful.

are there any suboxone programs in your area? if so, the first step would be simply to call them and say you're interested in starting your recovery with suboxone and you'd like to make an appointment. easy peasy.

unfortunately, in the US most suboxone programs aren't cheap...that ultimately made them off limits for me. but things like medicaid can really offset the costs.

TonywiththeTommy- If you are in the USA and want to get on methadone, here's what methadone treatment should cost (in California). The doctor visit, if cash with no insurance: $150.00 per month. The methadone itself for one month worth was less than $40.00 (cash price). I did not go to a methadone clinic, but instead to a pain treatment clinic. I recently heard that a methadone clinic charges around $80.00 per week.

Methadone has been around about 75 years now and is cheaper to buy than any other opioid type drug.

Does this help you?

Regards,
Dale

TonywiththeTommy- If you are in the USA and want to get on methadone, here's what methadone treatment should cost (in California). The doctor visit, if cash with no insurance: $150.00 per month. The methadone itself for one month worth was less than $40.00 (cash price). I did not go to a methadone clinic, but instead to a pain treatment clinic. I recently heard that a methadone clinic charges around $80.00 per week.

Methadone has been around about 75 years now and is cheaper to buy than any other opioid type drug.

Does this help you?

Regards,
Dale
God that must be nice. It's fucking 17 dollars a day for the clinic here in Alabama.