Bluelight

Thread: Autism Enabled Humans To Survive Ice Age & Produce Art

1. Collapse Details
    Autism Enabled Humans To Survive Ice Age & Produce Art 
    Senior Moderator
    Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Beer
    Prehistoric autism helped produce much of the world's earliest great art, study says

Much of the world's earliest great art is likely to have been created by gifted early humans on the autism spectrum, new research by British scientists suggests.

Archaeologists working in conjunction with autism experts have concluded that humans were able to produce the first realistic art some 33,000 years ago because ice age conditions drove the selection of particular combinations of genes.

Harsh conditions favoured the natural selection of genes which predisposed some humans to develop abilities to focus on tasks in great detail for long periods; to perceive their environments in three-dimensional terms in an enhanced way; to develop greater image retention abilities; and to develop greater aptitudes to identify and analyse patterns of geography and movement.

All of these aptitudes, often found in people on the autistic spectrum, allowed ice age humans to make more efficient flint hunting spearheads (a very time-consuming process needing intense detailed focus), to remember in minute detail (and navigate through) thousands of square miles of hunting terrain, and to remember and analyse patterns of animal behaviour.

"We suspect that the early development of inherited autism was in part an evolutionary response to ultra-harsh climatic conditions at the height of the last Ice Age. Without the development of autism-related abilities in some people, it is conceivable that humans would not have been able to survive in a freezing environment in which finding food required enhanced skills", she said.
    Read the rest here
    Last edited by CFC; 15-05-2018 at 16:31.

2. Collapse Details

Science & Technology
    Drug Culture
    Autism is often viewed as a disabling factor. I teach chemistry to some autistic children, and in some ways they seem to be better suited for hard logic and dry observation than regular humans with their subjectivity and other sets of emotions.

3. Collapse Details

I have to say, belligerent drunk, I agree regarding the better suited for hard logic and dry observation than regula humans.

I REALLY often find that its difficult to deal with NTs because they cannot understand what I am talking about, and there just isn't any further I can dumb down the information I am attempting to impart with shit and guff and sugarcoating, social mores and airs, without it all turning into a tub full of watered-town piss.

Its both difficult to do at all, and when done, quite honestly, it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

As for prehistoric auties/aspies...hmm...I'll wait until I see DNA evidence.

(yes I am aware of the fact that it isn't possible, thankfully, to test for autism prenatally. I'd hate to see it happen too, actually because loads of stupid people would abort autistic foetuses and then the planet would be bloody well buggered without us to actually tell the majority of society what they need to do if they are to survive.)

Because quite honestly, I look at people, and especially when its shown through TV as a reflection of real life (and intended to be so), and I think 'fuck me, if the shit hit the fan tomorrow, you'll likely have about 80% of you all die within a few weeks.

A lot of NTs...I don't hate NTs, I'm not a far-right wing autistic supremacist. But we ARE superior. And without autistic people, this planet would have dragged itself back into the primordial ooze long ago and tried to reverse engineer themselves back to organic chemical slop without life or cellular organization. Only they'd be too fucking thick to know how, and then
    end up thinking 'well, now they have wiped my people off the planet, aborted away, then they are going to wake up and realize what a huge cavernous gulf of dog shit they just dropped themselves into.

4. Collapse Details

Science & Technology
    Drug Culture
    I'm sorry, but what does NT stand for in your post? Surely isn't neurotransmitter...

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Neurotypical - it's common terminology on Aspie forums etc.

Sorry should explain more: stands for a 'normal/typical' person without aspergers/autism/ADHD/MPDD etc.
    Last edited by CFC; Yesterday at 18:25.