Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Not sure what this was, but almost certainly not pure MDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1138

Greenlighter
Having had several experiences with real MDMA/Molly, often of high quality, I wonder what it was about the stuff I get through one guy. That guy is always a last resort backup (kind of in the "hood" haha), and this is the third time I've gotten some stuff that I found highly disagreeable, with outright bizarre and negative experiences. His friends who also get it probably have no idea what real Molly is like, but they also don't seem to get as bad or negative symptoms as me. Is it possible that certain batches simply don't mesh well with a given person's personal body chemistry sometimes?

So here's what the symptoms are like, many making me feel rather the opposite of what MDMA does from other experiences, which were usually amazing. The overall feeling is characterized by high anxiety. Following a tense buildup of half an hour or so, I get into this state where my brain becomes so spaced out and disjointed that I can barely function. I don't know how to accurately explain or describe it; it's like I'm not able to think straight or really focus on what's going on in the moment or in the environment, and terrible at communicating things in a normal way (while still sort of there and understanding things at the same time, and able to at least fake giving answers and responses to things). My body language became noticeably "weird" and unnatural. Normally molly makes me less inhibited, able to dance awesomely and really feel the music at a EDM show or wherever, to connect with people and empathize with them better, you know the usual... This did the opposite, I become extremely awkward and stilted, and it effectively turned me into a retarded robot or autistic zombie for the duration of the "roll", if you can even call it that. Kept grinding my teeth, smacking my lips, and doing repetitive tic-like motions like swaying and pacing. Maybe the first half hour was more akin to a normal roll feeling but then it all went downhill.

Nonetheless the whole thing was characterized by an overarching and pervasive sense of anxiety. I couldn't pick up on anything in the music. A beautiful girl I was with was clearly into me and getting touchy-feely but I couldn't respond like a normal person would in that setting, and every action I did was "off"; I don't know how to describe it. The girl dragged me to the front row of a concert and while everyone else was grooving and going crazy to the music, like I normally would, I couldn't feel it at all and the part of my brain responsible for dancing didn't want to anything or had no interest in dancing. After just standing there for a while I decided to instead try to fake it and look like I was sort of dancing to it, but knew it was BS and I looked quite weird, with people beginning to stare. In fact, come to think of it, all my interactions with people were characterized by attempts to "fake it" and look like I'm behaving and conversing normally and understanding what they're saying, even though my mind wasn't in it, and I'm sure they could tell. I eventually left well before the show was over, and developed this sense of paranoia the rest of the night, like everyone, including bouncers or whatever, were onto me and that I could've gotten in trouble talking with anyone as zonked as I was. Despite how "out of it" and zapped I was, I still had this sort of self-awareness that I was very off and looked it, which further contributed to the feeling. And that my attempts to keep my shit together, act normal, and keep cool actually instead made me stand out and look even worse. Eventually I just bounced without telling any of my friends and bussed back home after wandering around the streets for a while in an oddly robotic fashion. A similar experience happened on two previous occasions, both from this guy's stuff, although not quite to the same extent... I guess I hoped it would be different, but no.

And it wasn't that I was around a lot of random people; I could've been with my best friends or close family and I think it still would have been the same... kinda trapped in my own head but unable to process thoughts clearly.

But all the other experiences I've had were stellar. For the record, I'm not really an awkward or heavily anxiety ridden guy normally (sometimes it happens in stressful situations), but that stuff tapped into something weird. For a while I thought it was almost akin to effectively temporarily lobotomizing myself, where the two halves of my brain weren't communicating the right way and all my thoughts were disjointed, like broken pieces of glass in a mirror distorting the overall image, or puzzle pieces not quite fitting together right. Although in retrospect that's probably not the best way to describe it. I also had the feeling that must be what autism is like, but I also think that's incorrect now, and probably somewhat offensive to some people.

I also had this tense tweaky feeling and couldn't sleep the entire night after, having left chest and arm pain that worried me until the feeling finally subsided 10-12 hours later. I felt awful mentally about the night and kept replaying the most embarrassing and disappointing moments over and over in my head nonstop. What was supposed to be a spectacular and magical night ended up being total crap.

Not to mention the havoc it wreaked on my digestive system, horrible diarrhea even with some blood and whatnot.. don't want to get into it too much lol.

Anyway eventually it did finally go away and I got over it, after drinking lots and lots of water. Gave me bad cottonmouth the whole time too.

The odd thing is... other people who have tried that stuff did not have the same totally negative experiences I did, and some like it a lot (although some of the more experienced users reported it being odd or off somewhat). So maybe it just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry. I don't think I had a problem with my serotonin or whatnot..

What do you guys think could have been in that stuff? I'm guessing it was more like E than real Molly. Could it have been speed or something? Has anyone else had an experience even remotely akin to this? The only reason I'm even on this site is to get some kind of closure or idea as to what may have happened and why.

Honestly I'm thinking I may not do this stuff again from now on. Don't want to go out on a bad note, but that was enough to make me want to avoid it...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had a rough time. We can't identify what drug you took without testing it but it's pretty clear what you took wasnt MDMA. Generally a roll will only last 4-6 hours, not 10-12. Also Molly is just slang for MDMA. So is E or ecstasy. I'm not aware of a difference.

There are a lot of research chemicals being sold on the street as molly. Your best bet is in the future to test your product before consuming it. That way you are being safe and making sure you are taking what you think you are taking. It could have been speed or it could have been something else. Doesn't sound like MDMA though.

Thanks. Maybe I'll look into that. It does make me feel better to know that this stuff was most likely not MDMA. I was worried something in me just changed and I no longer responded to the real stuff correctly (nonetheless the first time I ever tried any of this in some form was actually E years ago, and it wasn't bad at all, so there was something else about this particular substance). Either way, I'm thinking this part of my life may soon be drawing to a close haha.

It's unfortunate that there are all these sketchy research chems out there, but hey I guess people chase that money however they can.

Yeah man, most of these research chemicals are dirt cheap compared to MDMA, so dealers like to purchase large amounts and then push it as Molly on the streets or at shows ir festivals. A lot of people who have never had the real deal don't realize that something is off with their "molly".

Some of the chemicals available now like 5-mapb or 6-apb, which are also empathogens, are a whole lot of fun but not the same as MDMA. It's getting more difficult to find the real deal and I know many people who have just given up on ever finding it again and refuse to eat random powders/crystals found on the street.

Sounds just like my very regrettable experiences with fake ass "molly". Very well put, it gives you effects that are sort of trying to mimic the effects of true MDMA, but they're really quite the absolute opposite in a most horrid and unsettling way in that it feels forced and anxious.

Very unfortunately, I recently had an experience with some form of completely fake MDMA. The come-up began in a similar fashion to MDMA, but in a much more anxious, stimulating way that felt like its building to something, but then it never really did, like a dud firework (and even that comparison is giving it too much credit). Major teeth grinding and tweaky behaviors that are often associated with MDMA, but tbh I never really get these from good MDMA in the first place. I was just never completely blown back by euphoria, love and pure life-energy as I am with true MDMA. I ended up just feeling cracked out, like a robot, emotionless and slightly euphoric in an awful way. Not to mention the constant "UGH, wtf did i take??! this is so not MDMA fuuuuuck" running through your mind as you're trying to just have a good time and forget you even took the bogus crap in the first place. The whole time my mind was just running through ways i could possibly kill the high, but nothing I could do but wait it out in the circumstances. Just thinking about this experience gives me the creeps.

It's almost laughable that someone could pass it off as MDMA, but they do and it works. Inexperienced people can be easily fooled by shitty substances like this... After myself and the people I was with had this bad "molly", the next day I sought out and secured the good stuff. One of the people I was with was like "Eh, all good I'll take the stuff we had last night it was pretty mellow", cause they didn't really wanna pay the very small price for some of good stuff. I was in utter disbelief, said "NO, FUCK THAT", bought the shitty "MDMA" off her, flushed it, and gave her the new stuff for free. I was NOT going to let anyone take that crap again, and I had a serious bone to pick with the guy who sold it to us. Needless to say, I think she realized the difference when we were on cloud 9 that night.

Probably impossible to find out what it was, but it sounds like <<some drug>>

Either way, if theres anything to learn from the experience its to always test your shit, no matter how trustworthy or reputable your source. I know exactly the sorta guys you're talking about, they're kinda hood and "slang that molly". Simply put, just do NOT buy from these people, period. If you're not well connected, probably better off seeking out "heady" or "hippie" types of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Beenhead already mentioned, please refrain from trying to guess at what drug it was. I've edited out a small part of your reply Hilopsilo. Other than that, these are good replies

As Beenhead already mentioned, please refrain from trying to guess at what drug it was. I've edited out a small part of your reply Hilopsilo. Other than that, these are good replies

sorry! just wanted to throw out the usual suspects

sorry! just wanted to throw out the usual suspects
No problem at all, don't worry, the line between good information and substance ID is sometimes vague. We just decided, for a lot of different reasons, to enforce this rule pretty strictly. The rest of your reply is as I said very good, thank you

I'm not trying to suggest any specific compounds, but the robot aspect sounds like <<some drug>>, which I do not think it is in the sightest although I'm using it as an example again to relate to the robotic movement effect.... What I'm thinking is is it might be something like <<some other drug>>, but really who knows without a testing kit

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to suggest any specific compounds, but the robot aspect sounds like <<some drug>>, which I do not think it is in the sightest although I'm using it as an example again to relate to the robotic movement effect.... What I'm thinking is is it might be something like <<some other drug>>, but really who knows without a testing kit
You start off by saying you're not trying to suggest a specific compound, only to then suggest a specific compound and multiple compound classes. A bit of a strange reply =D edited

Hey man, ive had a similar experience just yesterday, so just for context I live in Mexico City, ive had the weirdest of experiences with MDMA, my first rolls I used pills, specifically I bought a green alien pill that was outrageously expensive compared to the others being offered but the dealer advertised it as "pure MDMA" and it didnt dissapoint at all, It was so euphoric, empathic, waves of pleasure flowing through my body, id like to think that was real MDMA since it was 100% what a clean roll is reported to be like, next time, I used some cheaper pills, and I would always feel the MDMA typical effects, but also a bit more stimulated, im friends with a couple of dealers who are close to the source, and they guaranteed me that all ecstacy pills are cut, the cheaper ones have MDMA but they are cut with amphetamine or meth, the more expensive ones are cut with ketamine or MDA, anyways, yesterday I bought 2 grams of MDMA crystals, my first time with crystals, the taste was exactly the same as the normal ecstacy pills, but the effects were so strange, I took a pretty small dose, about 100mg, but I just felt anxious the whole time, with a bit of euphoria and anxiety relief plus small waves of pleasure on the peak for like 1 hour, but after and before that I just felt really anxious, kind of zoned out like you describe, very distracted, couldnt think clearly... usually with the good ecstacy pills I have no anxiety whatsoever as soon as the effects hit and for as long as the roll lasts, even when they are cheap pills cut with meth, but this experience was really strange.

Closing this. The necessary info has been given and further discussion will just devolve into substance ID

Status
Not open for further replies.