View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

S-Ketamine

DroneLore

Bluelighter
I am very excited to be getting some S-Ketamine in the coming days. I was under the impression that 60 - 80mg was a good dose for someone with no tolerance. However, I am not someone with no tolerance. I love me some RC dissos: o-pce, 3-meo-pcp, dck, 3-ho-pcp, 3-meo-pce, I love them all. I would routinely IM 20mg of O-PCE and not hole. How much S-K should I start with?

I wish I knew. I think it's somewhat more potent than racemic ketamine, if I recall correctly.

work your tolerance up

I don't have any NMDA tolerance and a tiny line blew me away.

I didn't feel the need to ever take it again. Wasn't entirely enjoyable.

Yeah, more potent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but R-ketamine is 1/3 the potency so the dosage should be adjusted approx

0.667x(dosage racemic) = (dosage S-ketamine)

In addition to the power difference, is there any qualitative difference in the effects produced by the two enantiomers?

What is the probability of getting S-Ketamine? I've always thought it was Marketing. Standard laboratory analyzes of medications don't know how to differentiate between different enantiomers.

DocLad

In addition to the power difference, is there any qualitative difference in the effects produced by the two enantiomers?What is the probability of getting S-Ketamine? I've always thought it was Marketing. Standard laboratory analyzes of medications don't know how to differentiate between different enantiomers.DocLad
J&J is developing S isomer as anti depressant, in nasal spray form.

In addition to the power difference, is there any qualitative difference in the effects produced by the two enantiomers?

What is the probability of getting S-Ketamine? I've always thought it was Marketing. Standard laboratory analyzes of medications don't know how to differentiate between different enantiomers.

DocLad

It is significantly different IME.

With stereo isomer ketamine I find that the hole is a lot more sudden with greater anesthesia; it's very hard to skirt the edges and more likely to guarantee ego death, should you slip in. It also completely lacks the CEV's for me, no matter how I dose/redose. Racemic is a lot more lucid and dreamy, unless you take enough to temporarily kill your ego. I've sniffed my way through many a gram of s-ket trying to glide through those friendly shadowed streets and corridors, to no avail. As such I far prefer racemic, and the difference is night and day to me, although some people certainly prefer the s-ketamine. :)

^^^Ive noticed most people who've experienced a good amount of both racemic and S-isomer, that most prefer the racemic. I'm right there with you, I found the S more potent but the racemic had the "magic" I wasn't seeing in the S.

Sadly most of my impressions of ketamine come from S-Ketamine, but when I finally tried enough racemic I realized I preferred it.

I never could understand how people could dance on ketamine, until I got more familiar with racemic. To be fair though, neither is all that great.. I'll use it as kind of the last ditch effort to get another hour or two of dance in before my body says enough, or I'm chilling at home dancing to my system/headphones.

Also my only freakout on ketamine occurred on a "larger than normal amount for me" dosage of S-Ketamine.

I miss K, hoping I stumble upon it this summer in a rolled out bliss as I dance to some beats deep in the woods. Stocked up hard in 2012/13 then ran out last summer. Most drugs fall into my lap practically but ketamine has always been elusive for me.

NOTE: I don't use ketamine to hole or even get close to holing. I'm a low dose ketamine kinda guy. Disso's and me don't always get along.

-GC

Last edited:
S actually wears off faster and is more mental than physical... It's not more powerful, but more a clean feeling. That being said it's much harder to hole on, but it doesn't leave you with the groggy k hangover.

Be careful man that stuff was so good I did a whole gram the first day I got it. And tolerance goes up fast, by the end of the night 250 mg snorted didn't result in a hole. It's just pure beauty; I didn't have a single bad moment with it, whereas racemic ketamine had me puking quite a bit. I started with 50 mg but I'd say do 80-100 if you don't hole.

You're not supposed to do lines of k that's why it didn't work.... You need to do 5-10 mg bumps every 5 minutes to get where you want

You're not supposed to do lines of k that's why it didn't work.... You need to do 5-10 mg bumps every 5 minutes to get where you want

OK, tell me the difference in a "line" and a "bump". The shape?

OK, I took a look in the BL archives and that IS the only difference...the shape.
So, if i lay out a "bump" and then spread it out into a long thingy, my "bump" becomes a 'line"?...bullshit.
They're the same fucking thing...JesusHChrist.
Try saying "increase your line/bump in 5-10 mg increments", or some shit like that. I mean, c'mon. Do bumps instead of lines?
I know, this is some picayune shit, but why the pretense?

Last edited:
Bump are usually 10 mg or less... Lines are more than 10 mg... At least in my mind...

Also doing it every 5 minutes gives time for the 5-10 mg to absorb so less gets wasted going down the throat.

Fuck off with your semantics bullshit... I don't need that right now.

Bioavailability you idiot... I can't be on this place anymore I'm done

TD, you stay right where you are young man! Don't you move a muscle or I SWEAR I will turn this car around and you WON'T get any cotton candy OR see the clowns!

Hahahah, triggered him. Now stick to your words and go delete your account.

I am not sure, but I don't think you have enough TI (time in) to be permitted to piss a veteran BL'er off to the point of account deletion without prior permission.
You might check just to be in compliance.
Besides, we know TD better than you and we like him more too.
I was way out of "line" to make a mountain out of a mole "bump" and I am very sorry I did. Now, MP, you march right over there and tell TD that you're very sorry or you won't get any cotton candy either.

Now, everyone kiss and make up. No, not like that, a really juicy long wet kiss....there, that's more like it.
Friends again?

See, i can say all this stupid shit because nobody likes me anyway, so what have I got to lose?

How would it get wasted going down the throat? It's just going to your stomach then lmao

Everything you swallow and absorb through the gut has to "run the gauntlet" through your liver before it can enter the bloodstream. This is called the first-pass-effect.
Snorting drugs doesn't just increase the speed of absorption, it also helps more of the drug arrive in your bloodstream intact by avoiding hepatic metabolism.

Re: "bump" vs "line", I was under the impression that a "bump" is snorted all at once without moving the snorting instrument, whereas a "line" lets you snort your dose by moving your straw along, well, a line.
So "SNORT!" vs "snooooooooooort!".
Intuitively, that always suggested to me that there is usually more material in a line than a bump.

Yes sorry my life's a bit fucked up now.... If I disappear there's probably only one reason for that... I'm just not going to post much at this point. Not the right time for me.