Bluelight

Thread: $21trillion lost: Largest theft in history buried under guise of US national security

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

"The left"? Who?

"Tax dollars" are not mine, yours or theirs. They are ours.

Quote Originally Posted by JGrimez View Post
    Do you have a problem with building a border fence? Reducing gang activity and human trafficking?
    Yeah, i think the wall is one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard.
    Walls don't stop "gang activity" or "human trafficking" - if anything i imagine human traffickers (like the ones who trump allegedly launders money for) will benefit and profit from this wall, and it will only increase the human suffering.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    Walls don't stop "gang activity" or "human trafficking" - if anything i imagine human traffickers (like the ones who trump allegedly launders money for) will benefit and profit from this wall, and it will only increase the human suffering.
    Care to explain how you think this works?

human traffickers (like the ones who trump allegedly launders money for)
    what?

3. Collapse Details

I would suggest that the onus is on you to demonstrate that it will work.
    I think "the wall" was trump's big presidental dog whistle to all the "fine people" who oppose immigration from central and south america.

As for the money laundering from people smugglers, it's been widely reported on. Given trump's ties to organised crime, his callous greed and general criminality, i suspect that "where there's smoke, there's fire"

Trump's Panama tower used for money laundering by condo owners, reports say

✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

4. Collapse Details

I would suggest that the onus is on you to demonstrate that it will work.
    I'm gonna close a door and lock it from my side. You try and walk through it.
    Walls work basic physics.

I think "the wall" was trump's big presidental dog whistle to all the "fine people" who oppose immigration from central and south america.
    There may be a sliver of truth to this but the actual issue is: immigration is not jumping the border. I mean seriously is that how you perceive it?
    Murderous gang members taking young girls across the border (who are more often than not sexually assaulted during the journey) to lock them up in the US, sell them for sex and steal their earnings is not fucking immigration it's a travesty and it's sickening that it's not more of an issue that people are demanding action for. Upgrading border security will help curb this. These people are not coming via plane.
    Legal immigration is completely different. People who put in the hard work and do the right thing by applying legally are welcome. And tax funds that could be used to help legal immigration is now being squandered dealing with people who jumped the que. Every 'Trump supporter' I've spoken to is fine with immigration. Trump did well with the Hispanic population in the voting. I've listened to many Latinos who came here legally ranting about illegal immigrants.

As for the money laundering from people smugglers, it's been widely reported on. Given trump's ties to organised crime, his callous greed and general criminality, i suspect that "where there's smoke, there's fire"

Trump's Panama tower used for money laundering by condo owners, reports say

^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian.com
    Trump lent his name but did not exert management control over the tower?s construction and was under no direct legal obligation to conduct due diligence on other people involved.

There is no evidence that the Trump Organization or members of the Trump family broke the law or knew of the criminal backgrounds of some of the tower?s brokers, buyers and investors.
    The guy is a real estate magnate and he sells his name/brand. What you're saying is that if a customer in a McDonalds is engaging in some illicit behavior then the CEO is responsible.

human traffickers (like the ones who trump allegedly launders money for)
    So this isn't even alleged.

5. Collapse Details

alasdair

6. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    What a great burn

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^ holy shit trump is right.

But its easier to just blame fail on everyone else like he does.

Theres no point in higher taxes if its just going to be misplaced. No accountability equals no need to be doing or seen to be doing what govts love to say they do.

No one really accepts responsibility for a screw up and thats shit, kids get taught to own up just to revert back into being dishonest as grown ups.

Lost money should be investigated as hard as a taxpayer at audit time.

Thats it. Im not paying tax anymore.

8. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    By the way in case it wasn't clear, I totally agree that any claims of lost money need to be investigated.

9. Collapse Details

all posts made by the Bluelight username "Roger&Me" are works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorkoth View Post
    By the way in case it wasn't clear, I totally agree that any claims of lost money need to be investigated.
    Me too.

But I just wanted to add that there might not actually be any missing money. DoD has ways of getting money that doesn't come from Congress. A bunch of clandestine activity conducted by our military off of US soil is funded with money that it steals, extorts, or schemes up in various ways. I bet that's what was going on here.

10. Collapse Details

Exactly, black-ops.

11. Collapse Details

all posts made by the Bluelight username "Roger&Me" are works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.
    black-ops
    That's such a loaded term. It implies nefariousness, but that's not necessarily the case. If an intelligence agency needs to fund a covert operation, would you rather they pay for it with your tax dollars or with money stolen from an MS-13 stash-house in El Salvador? Personally, I'd prefer the latter. And that kind of stuff is really just standard practice, it keeps the agents safer because there's no paper trail that could potentially reveal clues about their identities, and it also harms another one of our enemies as a bonus. Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

12. Collapse Details

Are you aware of some of the nefarious ops that have been exposed?
    Common sense says those ops continue.

What if they were making money from:
    drug trafficking
    human sex trafficking
    arms dealing

?

13. Collapse Details

Are you aware of some of the nefarious ops that have been exposed?
    Yes.

Common sense says those ops continue.
    No.

This is exactly your problem. "Common sense" is nothing more than the deposit of prejudices which you have accumulated, thus far, in your mind. If something makes sense to you, you will declare that it's "just common sense." But the entire notion of common sense is merely a heuristic, its a rule of thumb. It could be right, or it could be just plain wrong. It only works if you actually know what you're talking about. And I rarely see anything you post that's not just batshit crazy or wrong.

What if they were making money from:
    drug trafficking
    human sex trafficking
    arms dealing

?
    It's better than the alternative. What if they were forced to make money by selling Necco Wafers? Have you ever eaten one of those fucking things?? It's barely even candy. It tastes like semi-sweet chalk. Anybody who sold those things would be monster imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12