• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Daily 10 minute meditation as a means to positive well-being

Globetrotter

Ex-Bluelighter
Though it can be fun and insightful to see meditation as a means to merge with the universe's cosmic energy (or release one's astral body), it doesn't just have to be about spirituality or the paranormal.

Meditation is a basic way to unleash the best functions of our brains in a very scientific way.

According to psychologists, deep meditation reduces the secretions of the stress hormone cortisol, and instead, increases the secretion of dopamine and serotonin, our two feel-good hormones that control mood and other biological functions.

When we have a positive mood, our brains work more effectively and efficiently because there is no hindrance to the transmission of data from one nerve to another.

If you lose focus easily because of a lot of things running in your head all at the same time (like me :)), then you should definitely try this, ideally in the morning to set the tone for your day, but anytime really as a means to relax before a tougher challenge at work or school.

Plus it is cheaper than drugs ;)

Is it really helps? I have problem with concentration... Sometimes i cant start working or etc.. I think i will try some meditation...