• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you working as guys? do you like your jobs?

Heh, where else but BL could you banter with strangers about fucking each others dead mums and no offence taken. I love you guys... :)

You're me Bessie mates you are...

Intensitysquared? :p

And who are you calling stranger you fucking faggot? I'm not strange it's the rest of the buggrin' world that ain't quite right.

And guys? sadly for the world, there is only one of me=D

Intensitysquared? :p

And who are you calling stranger you fucking faggot? I'm not strange it's the rest of the buggrin' world that ain't quite right.

And guys? sadly for the world, there is only one of me=D

The world isn't big enough for more than one of you pal...

(That's a compliment btw)

Lol I know it isn't. Poor fucking planet, left to go without sufficient supplies like that...what a tragedy!. I better get breeding=D

(if I do have kids..obviously it'll be with an autistic woman, and given how heritable it is, there is a good chance the offspring would hatch properly developed)

Lol I know it isn't. Poor fucking planet, left to go without sufficient supplies like that...what a tragedy!. I better get breeding=D

(if I do have kids..obviously it'll be with an autistic woman, and given how heritable it is, there is a good chance the offspring would hatch properly developed)

Yeh. Don't let it go to your head cos that's the last fuckin compliment you'll ever get from me... ;)

Only an individual with an insufficiently strong mental makeup would need such ego reinforcement. Doesn't apply to perfect people. Like me, for example=D

Although seriously, I definitely need to make sure I have kids,even if I end up donating. World needs more auties.

I blew up a bath tub with a lump of sodium (had a master key for every room at my school- inc chemistry labs) now that really went with a bang and split the porcelain bath in two.....which was nice

you still work as a bug serial killer fubar?:))

Yup. Bugs, several species of small furry animals and pigeons - though I prefer to call myself a guardian of the public health, or (as I was referred to by a student the other day) 'rat dude...' =D

While we're vaguely on subject, FUBAR, how long after using permethrin before the room is safe for cats?

Spook has gone and picked up some little unwanted guests. I've not had any bites myself, but I've got to spray the carpets upstairs and the furniture to kill off any eggs that may be waiting to hatch.

What I don't want is to poison him .....

While we're vaguely on subject, FUBAR, how long after using permethrin before the room is safe for cats?

Spook has gone and picked up some little unwanted guests. I've not had any bites myself, but I've got to spray the carpets upstairs and the furniture to kill off any eggs that may be waiting to hatch.

What I don't want is to poison him .....

Are we talking dry powder or liquid formulation?

Either way, permethrin will not kill the eggs, only the adult stage of the life cycle.

First you need to give your moggy a good going over with a flea comb outside to remove as many eggs from the fur as possible.

Unfortunately, an adult female flea can lay up to 50 eggs per day and many drop off onto carpets, furnishings, clothing and bedding.

You need to hoover the fuck out of everything that won't fit in the washing machine. Throw the bag away, then hoover again and again.

The good news is that flea eggs don't survive temperatures over 60?C, so boil wash your clothing, bedding, cushion covers etc. then tumble dry on high heat setting if possible.

As for the permethrin, don't let your cat come into contact with the dry powder or wet spray. For some reason, cats are more susceptible to permethrin toxicity than many other mammals, though if using a liquid spray, it's much safer once dried and the residue is still effective as an insecticide.

Permethrin is a synthetic pyrethrin - the organic equivalent is pyrethrum (obtained from the chrysanthemum flower). Organic pyrethrins are safer for cats than permethrin, so you could consider using that as an alternative.

Repeated applications of the insecticide will be required at 2 - 3 week intervals to treat any adults arising from eggs you may have missed during vacuuming and washing.

The bad news is that fleas can lie dormant during the pupal phase for months until conditions are right for the adult to emerge.

Might be easier to just get rid of your cat ;)

Last edited:
LOL blondin. Did something like that with potassium. it involved a fish tank and a large chunk of K, which exploded violently, somehow the tank itself survived without being shattered into tiny pieces, and its propelling the big blob of molten potassium up onto the ceiling, with a terrific CRACK!, where it stuck, and began to rain down molten blobs of metallic potassium back down into the tank of water, exploding in a chain of staccato thumps.

Everybody else diving under the lab bench for cover, teacher and classroom assistant turning pale and looking somewhat traumatized.

Sodium can make a fair old bang, but its nothing like what happens after a (pretty large) chunk of potassium metal goes into a fish tank. Watching the portion of the K that hadn't immediately exploded violently on contact with the water in the tank dripping back down like rain off the ceiling and back down into the water again repeatedly, that was absolutely hilarious. Sounded like a machinegun firing, after an initial large explosion. I wonder if there is still a burn mark on the roof of my old special-ed school's lab. Everybody else, pupils and teachers both looked like they just about shit their britches, whilst I was doubled over laughing my arse off.

Loginnotsecure-might not have a formal job, but I'm creative enough, and I am certainly not without resources.

And as for making furniture; never made any tables, chairs etc. since I haven't had the need to. But just finished building this yesterday, I needed a test-tube rack, so I went and built this:

And currently turning this: (a saturated solution of sodium bromide in H2O, passing Cl2 through it to convert the bromide to elemental bromine. Starting out just light orange as the first Br2 was liberated and went into solution, as bromine water)

To this: (after using a mixture of potassium permanganate and hydrochloric acid to generate more chlorine, see how much darker it has become, almost completely opaque [photo doesn't show it well, but on top of the Dimroth condenser, there is a vigreaux plugged in to ensure the bromine doesn't start vaporizing away into the air, the flask is immersed in an ice-water bath and the condenser is circulating ice water through its central coil also]

Should be ready for distillation after one more round of gassing (with Cl2)

I've SO got to deal with that setup. I've been roasting my ass off in the heat rehttp://bluelight.org/vb/editpost.php?p=14347592&do=editpostcently and havent had the time, just lovely, the Vigreaux and the Dimroth condenser are full of REALLY nasty ass byproducts from the route used to prepare the Br2, gassing a brokmide solution with Cl2, the fucker is filled with golden-brown, incendiary gas, aka bromine monochloride. Its evil stuff, around as toxic as phosgene, possibly more so, and with the one saving grace of causing things to burst into flames on contact, if someone were of a mind to use it as one, it would certainly outrank the likes of mustard, lewisite etc. in terms of toxicity, although of course I am not of such inclination. Would suit a terrorist down to the ground though, easy to synthesize, deadly toxic AND near enough hypergolic with plenty of substrates.

And the addition funnel is positively lurid green now with chlorine. The smell of Cl2..ugh. Makes me want to vomit, Br2 isn't pleasant either although I quite like the scent of iodine, it being solid and with a far lower vapor pressure it doesn't overpower so easily as Cl2 or Br2.

-I ve not been hitting bluelight much in the last few years but fuck me Limpet_Chicken your posts and overall contribution to EADD is immense.

I wish i understood all the chemistry though!

Well, I try. Its just what comes naturally, been into chemistry and biotech, microbiology, botany, mycology, toxicology, neuro/psychopharmacology/pharmacology generally and physics since I was old enough to teach myself to read (with a mycology textbook apparently, at 4)

Autie is as autie does, so I don't see my habits suddenly changing any time soon. Just always had a bent for chemistry, the sciences have never failed to fascinate and to draw me in. Just who I am, and who I've always been.

As far as understanding, is there something in particular you had trouble with? because I could try and explain it better if so.