• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm alive

Hang in there buddy. I don't know why my anxiety is so jacked up. I took a .5 Ativan and feel much better though. Need a prescription

Terrified I'll lose mine when I have to move again in a few weeks. Shitty ass docs where I'm going,in the heart of the 'opioid crisis'. I'll arrange something with my doc here to get me through the first few months but after that...if they take me completely off like last time I'm afraid I'll just start the liquor again. Fuckin Medicaid doctors

Its all doctors man. I have insurance snd its still impossible to find someone to write.

Terrified I'll lose mine when I have to move again in a few weeks. Shitty ass docs where I'm going,in the heart of the 'opioid crisis'. I'll arrange something with my doc here to get me through the first few months but after that...if they take me completely off like last time I'm afraid I'll just start the liquor again. Fuckin Medicaid doctors

I’ve never had issues getting a benzo rx. Docs are much more understanding out here.

I was very fortunate to get 4mg of Ativan by precription. My life is such a shit show. Oh well I'm just going to take the 2mg I have slow as possible and hope for the best. I for see another hospitalization coming unfortunately.

Hey Mal,

That's exactly what it's like here. They changed the rules now and anyone rx'd an opiate can NEVER be rx's a benzo. It's getting crazy stupid here.

Ash.

Hi cj,

Happy they at least gave you that, hang in there.

Hugs,
Ash.

I was very fortunate to get 4mg of Ativan by precription. My life is such a shit show. Oh well I'm just going to take the 2mg I have slow as possible and hope for the best. I for see another hospitalization coming unfortunately.

My doctor that I've had off and on since I was 12 has had me on 1mg (edit:lorazepam) 3x a day as needed for probably like 4 years straight now. I move around all the time so I've gone to pretty extraordinary lengths to keep her. People who don't know me just see me and automatically think druggie so. I don't really know what will happen. Haven't been without them for more than a few days in a long time.

Last edited:
Hello my dear friend cj,

It's a beautiful sunny day here but way too hot, I have a lot of errands to do that I had been putting off.

Just thought I would check in and see how you're doing today? How are you feeling? I hope you have a great day cj!

Here for you,
Ash.

I'm feeling pretty decent. Slept most of the day. First day since the anxiety attack I haven't taken a benzo. I have therapy tomorrow morning I'm looking forward to. I'm going to lay all my cards on the table even if it means a trip to the phych Ward. I can't keep living feeling this shitty.

Aw man, I’m so happy to hear you are feeling better today <3

Who knows what tomorrow or the next may bring, but today I am simple happy to hear you’ve found an incline of peacefulness without having to get loaded.

With all that you’ve survived, it’s no small thing :)

Will you be able to get a real script for Ativan, or did you already finalize that?

Sending you much, much love brother <3<3<3<3

I also had a fairly nice therapy sesh today. Lots of work left to do, but really feels like I’m on the right track with therapy now. The counselor I saw through school during my first year was very helpful, but this therapist is truly golden.

Good therapists are hard to find, as we both know all too well.

No real Ativan script yet. I'm going to push for it once I find a phychaitrist. I have 1.25mg left of what the hospital gave me. I have therapy this morning hopefully it goes well. Unfortunately my mom is taking me and she is already in full on bitch mode as usual. Im wearing a t-shirt to therapy with all the gashes on my arm being fully visible. Hopefully I get committed. I'm tired of dealing with my parents.

Jesus I sound like a 15 year old

No real Ativan script yet. I'm going to push for it once I find a phychaitrist. I have 1.25mg left of what the hospital gave me. I have therapy this morning hopefully it goes well. Unfortunately my mom is taking me and she is already in full on bitch mode as usual. Im wearing a t-shirt to therapy with all the gashes on my arm being fully visible. Hopefully I get committed. I'm tired of dealing with my parents.

Jesus I sound like a 15 year old

Nothing wrong with 15 year olds. Stay strong. <3 .

Therapist was pretty good. First appointments are always anti-climatic though. She was nice and an expert in dbt and personality disorders

Hi cj

Question: If you imagined your life was perfect in every way, what would it be like - what would it look like?

Your friend,
Dale

That's tough Dale.

I would be self sufficient with a job. My own place to stay. A girlfriend. Would be on methodone. Wouldn't want to kill myself everyday. Just want to be close to people and have a purpose

Yeah that's a lot of what I imagine my life would be like, if it were better: not suicidal, better job, etc.

That's a solid dream to have man.

cj- Can I offer a suggestion or two? (yes, Dale - go ahead) Start a journal and write these things in it and everything else that comes to mind over time - even the easy to do things. Set a goal to make one of those things on your list happen one step at a time. I guess the methadone would be a priority. Is there a roadblock to getting on it? Can you get around it? If not, maybe it's time to say it a little louder.

I was pretty close to my mom after my teenage years, and I could tell her almost anything without being criticized (even when she didn't like what I said). Sometimes the barrier to that kind of relationship is showing love and respect even if you aren't getting it. No one can stay in "bitch" mode if they are shown love and told how important they are. If you do start such a journal, how would you feel about showing it to her, so she can see how much you are trying and struggling - that you do have goals for a better life? Sometimes parents (most of the time actually) think they know what's best for their older kids. You and I know that's not always true. Family counseling could work wonders with that problem.

I think one of your purposes is to get through this and overcome it, so that you'll be there to coach and help those who come after you. You've already started doing that here.

Everything you hope for can come true cj. Believe in yourself like others believe in you. That's half the battle.

Your friend,
Dale

Hello my friend,

I can see all these things happening for you, you have a great attitude and know what you want from the future. That's half the battle.

It's really great you like your new therapist, so happy for you cj!!!

What are you up to today?

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

That's tough Dale.

I would be self sufficient with a job. My own place to stay. A girlfriend. Would be on methodone. Wouldn't want to kill myself everyday. Just want to be close to people and have a purpose

Today sucked. Had a return of the really bad feelings after therapy. My mom drug me too the house I'm kicked out of so I rummaged through the wreckage of my past life. It hurt. I self harmed all over my right arm. Wrote loser in razor blade cuts. That'll make a nice scar tattoo for life. I'm going to take the rest of my Ativan tommorow. Fuck saving it I need it now. I hate being dramatic but I'm seriously considering eating the bottle of propanolol I have hidden tommorow and dieing. It's the only drug I have access too with a known ld-50

Hi cj-

Please don't go there cj. You only get one chance at life. If you end it, you have lost every good thing that is going to happen to you. You loose all of your future possibilities. You're young cj - give yourself time to grow because it gets so much better. I swear it does.
I believe there is a part of you inside that wants to live and you are struggling with that. I'm here and I want to help. Many of us want to help you. A lot of people care that you keep living and prospering. Look in your heart and find the will to keep going - day by day, hour by hour - minute by minute - ok?

When you aren't getting help you need, call your mom and/or your counselor and start yelling and screaming until someone listens that can help you directly. Don't give up. Never give up.

Your friend,
Dale