• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Crystals, and what to do with them.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Hey, soo not sure if this is the right place for this thread or not. So been looking into getting some crystals, and would like to know more about them from other people if they use crystals in any of their daily rituals. I know people use them for health, and power, and etc. I'm really unsure how one would go about using them.
any advice on what to do with them would be great!

The internet has loads of information about using crystals. Those that have used crystals for a long time (decades), and still using them today, have the best information.

This is actually something I've seen discussed in P&S. In fact, I can relatively confidently recall some heated arguments about them ;) You might find people there with the information you seek though.

Personally, I look at crystals as a rather weird fuck-you to entropy or something; such mathematical complexity arising spontaneously through a combination of the simple forces of nature is remarkable; they look incredible and can represent fucking vast epochs of earths history. But, I am sceptical of any of the claims made by proponents of crystals; personally, because I cannot see any way that crystals could interact with consciousness or other hypothesised structures, my gut feeling is that they are simply inert minerals. I haven't seen any scientific proof; this certainly does mean it doesn't exist, but it also tells me to be sceptical of any claims based on a lack of evidence, either way. They are certainly beautiful objects and the fact that they exist on earth suggests that the formation of complexity from incredibly simple beginnings happens in nature regularly.

To me, crystals can be effectively used in the same way other ritual aids are used. If you believe they will do something for you, that can make it easier to manifest things into your reality, since belief is so fundamentally important to our lives. However, I don't think they actually have the power to, say, attract wealth, or improve wisdom, or whatever else, simply by being in contact with them, or whatever it is people do to use crystals. That said, I love crystals, because they're beautiful.

Personally, I look at crystals as a rather weird fuck-you to entropy or something; such mathematical complexity arising spontaneously through a combination of the simple forces of nature is remarkable;
make no mistake, the spontaneous formation of a crystal always corresponds to a net rise in entropy in the universe. heat is transferred to the environment and the thermal motion contributes to the entropy rise.

^I was reading recently the idea that life could be seen as an agent for accelerating or increasing entropy in a similar manner to what you're saying. Very interesting to me.

Its a crazy thought that the structure we see is a manifestation of entropy rather than the 'fuck you' I clumsily wrote.

Well the thing is that high complexity doesn't inherently mean low entropy. The low entropy state that was the hot dense soup after the big bang certainly wasn't complex but rather a homogenous system. Now we are in a high complexity intermediate state, but when things will dilute and radiate away, the universe will be in a non complex but high entropy state.

Last edited: