• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm getting there I think.

I hope your move is going great!

Hey guys,

So far so good. I've been cleaning like mad! Scrubbing the walls, the Baseboards and the doors. Everything looks so fresh and new, I can't believe how dirty I let everything get. My mood is stable and I'm just getting on with things regardless of the episodes of anxiety that pop up. I still get very tired from time to time and my legs hurt like hell. But that's probably down to all of the walking I've been doing. I'm just taking each day as it comes and hopefully once I'm moved into my new place I can start figuring things out for the future.

I'm 27 days clean now, Almost 4 full weeks. :) I never thought I'd get this far.

Hey GreenDark- How's all that scrubbing going? Are you available tomorrow? :).
Today is day 29 for you - so I sent a big heartfelt congratulations to you. Those were 29 very long days (and nights) eh? I remember painting my condo before I moved out (I sold it) - and I remember thinking, this place looks really nice - maybe I should just move back in.
You talked about your legs hurting and getting tired. I think that's reality, but it's not a bad thing. I could go all day long while on my drug, but I didn't feel things enough to know when I was overdoing it. I think we are both learning when it's time to stop and rest so we don't push things and cause problems later for it.
You have a good head on your shoulders and you're doing really well GreenDark. I'm happy for you.

Woman to her husband while they are going at it: "Please say dirty things to me!"
Man: "Bath, Kitchen, Living room..."

Dale

Hi GreenDark!!!

Just stopping by to say hello and ask how you're feeling? Hope you're having a wonderful day and if you ever need anything you can call on me.

Here for you anytime,

Your friend,
Ashley.

Hello Dale!!! Me waving!!! Bahahaha, you're making a joke, but you're also right my friend, I bet he could use an extra pair of hands!!!

Ashley wrote:

I bet he needs a mover right about now - busy? :)

:)Dale

Hi GreenDark,

Day 30 for you!!! Woohoo!! That's amazing!!!

How did the move go? Just think about all the new and great memories you will be making in your new place, it's exciting and I'm happy for you!!!

Your friend,
Ash.:)

Hey guys,

So far so good. I've been cleaning like mad! Scrubbing the walls, the Baseboards and the doors. Everything looks so fresh and new, I can't believe how dirty I let everything get. My mood is stable and I'm just getting on with things regardless of the episodes of anxiety that pop up. I still get very tired from time to time and my legs hurt like hell. But that's probably down to all of the walking I've been doing. I'm just taking each day as it comes and hopefully once I'm moved into my new place I can start figuring things out for the future.

I'm 27 days clean now, Almost 4 full weeks. :) I never thought I'd get this far.

Hi GreenDark,
How did the move go? Just think about all the new and great memories you will be making in your new place, it's exciting and I'm happy for you!!!

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of moving which is taking up all of my time. Plus I now have no internet until it gets installed at my new place. I'm currently tethering from my phone but it gets a little expensive so I'm keeping it to a minimum.

Moving and the process it involves has done me a world of good. I'm constantly busy which leaves me no time to think about my problems regarding getting clean. Sadly I'm not able to get over 5 hours sleep, even though I'm doing heaps of physical work. I've tried diazepam the last few nights and it left me feeling relaxed, but not sleepy so I've thrown them in the bin. I might consider asking my doctor for some Zopiclone if things get to bad. Physically I'm fine, mentally I have good days and bad days but the move is keeping me focussed and looking forward to the future.

Last edited:
GreenDark-

I'm glad your doing better and in the process of the big move. Hopefully, your new penthouse has a fantastic view :). Have you been able to get help moving or just prefer doing it yourself? I've been here at this house for 18 years and I doubt I will ever move again (I said that the last two times though.)

Did you suffer from depression before using drugs? Maybe some SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) would help with depression; have you thought about this? A lot of people take them and they seem to help. Have you thought about what you'll do when the move is done to keep your mind in good spirits (besides reading my dud jokes)? I wish you the best you know.

jrek40.jpg

Your friend,
Dale

Hey GD,

Moving itself is stressful and now top of that you have the new quit. You're going through a lot. Try to be EXTRA kind to yourself okay?

I'm happy you've done it though, like I said before, this will be a place for you to make new and even better memories. I see that for you.

5 hours hey, it's better than nothing and I'm sure it will improve but yes, if it doesn't get something for that. We all function better with a good nights rest.

I am the same as you, physically good but mentally up and down. This too shall pass. Hang in there GreenDark, we're making it!!!

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of moving which is taking up all of my time. Plus I now have no internet until it gets installed at my new place. I'm currently tethering from my phone but it gets a little expensive so I'm keeping it to a minimum.

Moving and the process it involves has done me a world of good. I'm constantly busy which leaves me no time to think about my problems regarding getting clean. Sadly I'm not able to get over 5 hours sleep, even though I'm doing heaps of physical work. I've tried diazepam the last few nights and it left me feeling relaxed, but not sleepy so I've thrown them in the bin. I might consider asking my doctor for some Zopiclone if things get to bad. Physically I'm fine, mentally I have good days and bad days but the move is keeping me focussed and looking forward to the future.

Bahahahaha Dale, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud at this one!! Thanks for the laughs, you always brighten my day. :p

jrek40.jpg

GreenDark-

Hey how are you doing my friend? I hope you're on still on target and are feeling great. Did you get your internet reconnected yet? It's been quieter around here without you and your thread. It's a beautiful "just right" day here in Southern California. I hope yours is the same.
Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing.

"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Your friend,
Dale

Dale is thinking and wrote the way I feel too,

How are you doing GD, I would love to hear an update from you and hear what you've been up to? Miss you around here.

Hugs,
Your friend,
Ash.
GreenDark-

Hey how are you doing my friend? I hope you're on still on target and are feeling great. Did you get your internet reconnected yet? It's been quieter around here without you and your thread. It's a beautiful "just right" day here in Southern California. I hope yours is the same.
Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing.

"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Your friend,
Dale

Hello and Happy Friday my dear friend GD!!!!!

I miss you on here and have been thinking about you. I hope you are settled in to your new and fabulous place!! Would love to hear from you, good or bad never any judgement here.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Here for you always,
your friend,
Ashley.