1. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    With the RLS, two words for you:

Tiger Balm

Try and keep your head up GreenDark. You're well on your way to the place you wish to inhabit.

2. Collapse Details

You have the right attitude for sure man!! Keep at it I'm still trying to get off subs and benzos. I'm heading to the keys to dry up a bit. Been drinking way too much. Actually got thrown in rehab but I checked myself out cause I've never been offered so much free drugs in my life anywhere aside from a rave in college. Rehab was going to be more detrimental than helpful. I would have come out string out on dope again instead of just a drunk. I've gotta stay off the liquor i went crazy for a few days. fuck!!!!

3. Collapse Details

GreenDark-

4. Collapse Details

You're amazing GreenDark keep up the great work my friend.

I really enjoyed reading through your journey. You've come a long way! Now it's my turn too. Here for you anytime.

Hugs,

Your friend Ashley.

5. Collapse Details

Bahahaha, you're the BEST Dale!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal424 View Post
    GreenDark-

6. Collapse Details

Thanks for all of the positive posts guys. They're great for morale.

I managed to sleep for 6 hours straight last night and for some reason I dreamt about Dwight K Schrute from The Office . It's nice to dream again! My head felt fuzzy this morning but after it lifted I felt motivated and refreshed. The thought of moving to a new apartment feels exciting again and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some cleaning later today or tomorrow. The feelings of hopelessness I experienced yesterday have vanished, my brain really is a roller coaster of emotions at the moment. I think today is the best I've felt 26 days after quitting heroin. I know it's not over yet but I'll happily take a few rough days of despair in order to have a day of feeling almost like a normal human again.

7. Collapse Details

GreenDark- That's great news that you got some sleep. I know how much better I felt after a good sleep and am glad you got your turn today. Hopefully you'll get on a pattern of sleeping every night before too much longer. Be sure you eat enough and get exercise, and get outside in the world. There's a lot to see and do.

I found an article that I think might help you understand your emotions. If you'd like to read it, it's here: https://www.recovery.org/what-you-ne...al-withdrawal/

Not sure I agree with how long they say those symptoms last though. I'm pretty much all through with the moodiness even though my drug was longer acting. I feel pretty much calm all of the time (unless I don't get sleep :-). Maybe your drug has a stronger effect on the psych - not sure.

You said:
    I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some cleaning later today or tomorrow
    With that in mind, what are you doing the day after tomorrow .

Seriously, just take things at your own pace and don't push yourself too much while moving. Keep the music playing - it helps pass the time faster when I do work around the house.

"Note to self: Don't leave the dog shampoo on the tub's edge. On the bright side, I should be flea and tick free for the next 30 days.

Your friend,
    Dale

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    ^not really a fan of that article about recovery.

Classifying the physical withdrawal and psychological withdrawal as separate when they are intimately (and more than not) connected is misleading, as is determining the "psychological withdrawal" as post-acute is also misleading.

The whole physical vs psychological withdrawal idea has been long since debunked - they're part of a group of profoundly interconnected processes involved in the complex known as "withdrawal syndrome," which varies not just by individual physiology and psychology (and neurophysiology and trauma history), but by the specific forms of substance use being recovered from.

But that all aside, what am a fan of is how helpful and supportive your posts are SoCal Thank you for all your help in SL Dale!!!
    Last edited by toothpastedog; 01-06-2018 at 00:52.

9. Collapse Details

I like the way your mind thinks TPD. You're so educational, you're teaching me a lot. You do a fantastic job on SL yourself there TPD, and have helped me personally.
    Have a great weekend TPD!!!

your friend,
    Ashley.,

Quote Originally Posted by toothpastedog View Post
    ^not really a fan of that article about recovery.

Classifying the physical withdrawal and psychological withdrawal as separate when they are intimately (and more than not) connected is misleading, as is determining the "psychological withdrawal" as post-acute is also misleading.

The whole physical vs psychological withdrawal idea has been long since debunked - they're part of a group of profoundly interconnected processes involved in the complex known as "withdrawal syndrome," which varies not just by individual physiology and psychology (and neurophysiology and trauma history), but by the specific forms of substance use being recovered from.

But that all aside, what am a fan of is how helpful and supportive your posts are SoCal Thank you for all your help in SL Dale!!!
    GreenDark,

Hello my friend, just checking in to say I hope you have a great weekend and that you're doing well. Day 5 for me today.

Your friend Ash.

Dale,

Keep doing all you're doing here on BL. Man TPD is so right, you make a big difference here and I'm happy to have you as my friend.

Keep the jokes coming Dale, they're getting me through with some laughs at least!!

Your friend,
    Ashley.

GreenDark- That's great news that you got some sleep. I know how much better I felt after a good sleep and am glad you got your turn today. Hopefully you'll get on a pattern of sleeping every night before too much longer. Be sure you eat enough and get exercise, and get outside in the world. There's a lot to see and do.

I found an article that I think might help you understand your emotions. If you'd like to read it, it's here: https://www.recovery.org/what-you-ne...al-withdrawal/

Not sure I agree with how long they say those symptoms last though. I'm pretty much all through with the moodiness even though my drug was longer acting. I feel pretty much calm all of the time (unless I don't get sleep :-). Maybe your drug has a stronger effect on the psych - not sure.

You said:
    With that in mind, what are you doing the day after tomorrow .

Seriously, just take things at your own pace and don't push yourself too much while moving. Keep the music playing - it helps pass the time faster when I do work around the house.

"Note to self: Don't leave the dog shampoo on the tub's edge. On the bright side, I should be flea and tick free for the next 30 days.

Your friend,
    Dale
    Last edited by EPL1; 01-06-2018 at 19:37. Reason: merge

10. Collapse Details

GreenDark-
    TPD has a lot of experience with withdrawal issues and help, so I defer to his advice and I appreciate him stopping in to share.

For me, the emotional stuff came early on. I didn't share much of that on my thread, but I will here. I felt like it was better one day - then not the next - like waves of up and downs. I felt very low energy, a hard time with sleep and zero appetite. I also had an especially hard time with concentration/remembering things. I felt very irritable, but I knew it was coming from within, so I did my best not to show it when I had to go out. My worst anxiety was "am I ever going to feel normal again." I feel I'm getting back to normal now though. I still don't sleep every night, but I do most nights. My mood is back to normal and my concentration and memory is back to normal. I know everyone is different, but I thought telling you what I went through might help you see the light at the end of the tunnel with what you're experiencing.

Be patient with yourself and be willing to give yourself the time to heal emotionally. We have to take care of ourselves first in times like this. It will get better for you. I hope your move is going great!

"My friend boasted he had the body of a Greek god. I had to explain where Buddha actually comes from."

Your friend,
    Dale

11. Collapse Details

I hope your move is going great!
    Hey guys,

So far so good. I've been cleaning like mad! Scrubbing the walls, the Baseboards and the doors. Everything looks so fresh and new, I can't believe how dirty I let everything get. My mood is stable and I'm just getting on with things regardless of the episodes of anxiety that pop up. I still get very tired from time to time and my legs hurt like hell. But that's probably down to all of the walking I've been doing. I'm just taking each day as it comes and hopefully once I'm moved into my new place I can start figuring things out for the future.

I'm 27 days clean now, Almost 4 full weeks. I never thought I'd get this far.

12. Collapse Details

Hey GreenDark- How's all that scrubbing going? Are you available tomorrow? .
    Today is day 29 for you - so I sent a big heartfelt congratulations to you. Those were 29 very long days (and nights) eh? I remember painting my condo before I moved out (I sold it) - and I remember thinking, this place looks really nice - maybe I should just move back in.
    You talked about your legs hurting and getting tired. I think that's reality, but it's not a bad thing. I could go all day long while on my drug, but I didn't feel things enough to know when I was overdoing it. I think we are both learning when it's time to stop and rest so we don't push things and cause problems later for it.
    You have a good head on your shoulders and you're doing really well GreenDark. I'm happy for you.

Woman to her husband while they are going at it: "Please say dirty things to me!"
    Man: "Bath, Kitchen, Living room..."

Dale

13. Collapse Details

Hi GreenDark!!!

Just stopping by to say hello and ask how you're feeling? Hope you're having a wonderful day and if you ever need anything you can call on me.

Here for you anytime,

Your friend,
    Ashley.

14. Collapse Details

Ashley wrote:
    if you ever need anything you can call on me
    I bet he needs a mover right about now - busy? :-)

Dale
    Last edited by SoCal424; 04-06-2018 at 02:20.

15. Collapse Details

Hello Dale!!! Me waving!!! Bahahaha, you're making a joke, but you're also right my friend, I bet he could use an extra pair of hands!!!

Ashley wrote:

I bet he needs a mover right about now - busy? :-)

Dale

16. Collapse Details

Hi GreenDark,

Day 30 for you!!! Woohoo!! That's amazing!!!

How did the move go? Just think about all the new and great memories you will be making in your new place, it's exciting and I'm happy for you!!!

Your friend,
    Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDark View Post
    Hey guys,

So far so good. I've been cleaning like mad! Scrubbing the walls, the Baseboards and the doors. Everything looks so fresh and new, I can't believe how dirty I let everything get. My mood is stable and I'm just getting on with things regardless of the episodes of anxiety that pop up. I still get very tired from time to time and my legs hurt like hell. But that's probably down to all of the walking I've been doing. I'm just taking each day as it comes and hopefully once I'm moved into my new place I can start figuring things out for the future.

I'm 27 days clean now, Almost 4 full weeks. I never thought I'd get this far.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by EPL1 View Post
    Hi GreenDark,
    How did the move go? Just think about all the new and great memories you will be making in your new place, it's exciting and I'm happy for you!!!

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of moving which is taking up all of my time. Plus I now have no internet until it gets installed at my new place. I'm currently tethering from my phone but it gets a little expensive so I'm keeping it to a minimum.

Moving and the process it involves has done me a world of good. I'm constantly busy which leaves me no time to think about my problems regarding getting clean. Sadly I'm not able to get over 5 hours sleep, even though I'm doing heaps of physical work. I've tried diazepam the last few nights and it left me feeling relaxed, but not sleepy so I've thrown them in the bin. I might consider asking my doctor for some Zopiclone if things get to bad. Physically I'm fine, mentally I have good days and bad days but the move is keeping me focussed and looking forward to the future.
    Last edited by GreenDark; 06-06-2018 at 11:42.

18. Collapse Details

GreenDark-

I'm glad your doing better and in the process of the big move. Hopefully, your new penthouse has a fantastic view . Have you been able to get help moving or just prefer doing it yourself? I've been here at this house for 18 years and I doubt I will ever move again (I said that the last two times though.)

Did you suffer from depression before using drugs? Maybe some SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) would help with depression; have you thought about this? A lot of people take them and they seem to help. Have you thought about what you'll do when the move is done to keep your mind in good spirits (besides reading my dud jokes)? I wish you the best you know.

Your friend,
    Dale

19. Collapse Details

Hey GD,

Moving itself is stressful and now top of that you have the new quit. You're going through a lot. Try to be EXTRA kind to yourself okay?

I'm happy you've done it though, like I said before, this will be a place for you to make new and even better memories. I see that for you.

5 hours hey, it's better than nothing and I'm sure it will improve but yes, if it doesn't get something for that. We all function better with a good nights rest.

I am the same as you, physically good but mentally up and down. This too shall pass. Hang in there GreenDark, we're making it!!!

Here for you anytime,
    your friend,
    Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDark View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of moving which is taking up all of my time. Plus I now have no internet until it gets installed at my new place. I'm currently tethering from my phone but it gets a little expensive so I'm keeping it to a minimum.

Moving and the process it involves has done me a world of good. I'm constantly busy which leaves me no time to think about my problems regarding getting clean. Sadly I'm not able to get over 5 hours sleep, even though I'm doing heaps of physical work. I've tried diazepam the last few nights and it left me feeling relaxed, but not sleepy so I've thrown them in the bin. I might consider asking my doctor for some Zopiclone if things get to bad. Physically I'm fine, mentally I have good days and bad days but the move is keeping me focussed and looking forward to the future.

20. Collapse Details

Bahahahaha Dale, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud at this one!! Thanks for the laughs, you always brighten my day.

21. Collapse Details

GreenDark-

Hey how are you doing my friend? I hope you're on still on target and are feeling great. Did you get your internet reconnected yet? It's been quieter around here without you and your thread. It's a beautiful "just right" day here in Southern California. I hope yours is the same.
    Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing.

"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
    Your friend,
    Dale

22. Collapse Details

Dale is thinking and wrote the way I feel too,

How are you doing GD, I would love to hear an update from you and hear what you've been up to? Miss you around here.

Hugs,
    Your friend,
    Ash.
    GreenDark-

Hey how are you doing my friend? I hope you're on still on target and are feeling great. Did you get your internet reconnected yet? It's been quieter around here without you and your thread. It's a beautiful "just right" day here in Southern California. I hope yours is the same.
    Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing.

"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
    Your friend,
    Dale

23. Collapse Details

Hello and Happy Friday my dear friend GD!!!!!

I miss you on here and have been thinking about you. I hope you are settled in to your new and fabulous place!! Would love to hear from you, good or bad never any judgement here.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Here for you always,
    your friend,
    Ashley.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123