• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 80 hours in, but who's counting? (Me.)

Oh, there is one thing though! How does everyone here feel about Kratom? I've been lurking in an online group with what seems to be a reputable vendor for like 2 years now but i've never bit the bullet. Plus, everyone says you need to be off opiates for it to do anything and I was never off them..but NOW I am, so maybe that would help with the energy (the white vein ones?)

CEB225 congratulations on all that clean time!!

You're doing it!!! Just like you, when I quit my prescribed opiate medication (chronic pain patient) cold turkey 13 days ago the worst for me was the emotional burst out of nowhere crying jags. Fuck I could have done without those!!!

Anyways just wanted to shoot on here to telL you how well you're doing, it's tough but you'll get through it. And you'll be so much better off without them.

We're all here to help you.

Here for you anytime, your friend,
Ashley.

Thank you Ashley! Sometimes I just feel like i'm going crazy. I feel absolute RAGE at the dumbest things. Then I feel bad and cry about it. :? I'm just ridiculous right now. Do you still have chills? I thought for sure that these would be gone by now...

Hi CEB,

You'll be alright, you're not going crazy, just be easy on yourself, you're doing a wondefrul thing but it takes a toll on you none the less.

No more chills, that stopped for me after a week. They'll be gone soon I'm sure.

Hang in there you can do this and we are all here for you, if you need anything or just want to chat you can pm me.

Here for you,
your friend,
Ash.

Thank you Ashley! Sometimes I just feel like i'm going crazy. I feel absolute RAGE at the dumbest things. Then I feel bad and cry about it. :? I'm just ridiculous right now. Do you still have chills? I thought for sure that these would be gone by now...

Oh man. I guess everyone really is different! I kept reading all of these things saying that day 3 was the hardest and it had me SO nervous because I already felt awful and I just kept anticipating hell...but really, by day 3 things are already looking up for me lol. I start to get withdrawals after 4-6 hours after taking my last one. I guess I really can't depend on when everyone else stops getting chills either. It's so annoying because it's like 100 degrees outside and i'm still in my sweats.

I HIGHLY recommend the gym! It'll help your brain get back to its normal state so much faster (in addition to giving you something to do and goals to accomplish). I'm not saying you need to get jacked, just get some sort of light exercise every day even if its just a quick walk around the block.

CEB,

Yes you're right everyone goes through wd a little differently.
I'm glad things are looking up for you by day 3. The chills will be gone soon.

Have a good day and hang in there. You're doing this!!!

Here for you,
Ash.
Oh man. I guess everyone really is different! I kept reading all of these things saying that day 3 was the hardest and it had me SO nervous because I already felt awful and I just kept anticipating hell...but really, by day 3 things are already looking up for me lol. I start to get withdrawals after 4-6 hours after taking my last one. I guess I really can't depend on when everyone else stops getting chills either. It's so annoying because it's like 100 degrees outside and i'm still in my sweats.

ladyhlove- I wish I was one of those girls who go to the gym but sadly, I am not lol. I've always been tiny, but I have never been in shape. I get out of breath from a few flights of stairs. I had these dreams for a while of starting to lift some weights and get definition or abs or whatever but I fear I would look ridiculous in a gym. I AM thinking about trying yoga though. Something quiet for myself. & If I like that then maybe I could join a class or something. I don't really do anything for myself anymore. Mostly because I spent all of my money on pills. There really wasn't anything left over after bills and such. I did get my hair cut and my toes done the other day. THAT felt really nice and normal. It had been a long time.

Ash- the chills are still here after something like 18 days now. I don't know why they won't go away! It's a bit ridiculous to be out in public in a sweater when it's 99 degrees out, but it is what it is I guess lol. Thank you! I am still doing it. I can't believe it. Congratulations to you too. I have been following your story as well.

Hey CEB,

Today is 19 for you!! Woohoo!! Just wanted to stop by and tell you how great you're doing!!

How are the chills today? Hope you haven't resorted to wearing a parka?? ;)Lol!!

Hugs,
have a good day,
your friend,
here for you anytime,
Ash.

PS, you sound petite like me, I'm 5'4, 110 lbs. So super jacked...not!!! Lol!! Hang in there girl!!!!

Ash- the chills are still here after something like 18 days now. I don't know why they won't go away! It's a bit ridiculous to be out in public in a sweater when it's 99 degrees out, but it is what it is I guess lol. Thank you! I am still doing it. I can't believe it. Congratulations to you too. I have been following your story as well.

Girl. No parka, but I legit have on sweats complete with a hat and tub socks! lol! How funny- I am 5'4 and 110lbs as well. Probably less here lately though because I cannot eat a complete meal to save my life. I pretty much live on protein shakes, and not even homemade ones because I don't even feel like prepping or cleaning up after them lol. I woke up today with a cold. I felt it coming on, but I underestimated how bad they feel in the past because, even if you know you're sick when you have your meds it really doesn't ever get terrible. At least for me. I could still power through whatever. But today...I stayed in bed ALL day. I found a series on Netflix that i've never seen...fell in love...and watched 2 complete seasons. It's kindof ridiculous, but I feel like this is what normal sick people do so whatever. :) I am trying to enjoy little things. Like a fancy coffee. Or a really hot vampire/wolf hybrid on a make believe TV show. =D

No Parka

CEB,

No it's not ridiculous at all. Sounds like a nice normal day, whatever the fuck that means.... I'm still on my way there. ; )

Something to strive for, it sounds really great actually. Keep doing what you're doing. It's working for you.

So funny you mentioning protein shakes, I was just mentioning over on my thread about how that's what I'M subsisting on lately. No shit of a lie. Me TPD and Dale(socal424) have been telling each other how we make ours. Bahaha. Kind of awesome actually.

Good people on this site I'm glad I found it. You're one of them.

Hope you feel better soon, happy to hear you haven't resorted to winter wear. Lol!!

Good job woman,
here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

The "cold" is my most dreaded wd symptom. I think I get off pretty easy in my wds because I don't suffer from RLS or nausea or any of that, but that always cold feeling makes me want to lose my mind. Not to mention, I work in an office that bumps the ac all summer (I live in the south) and even my warmest sweater can't keep me from shivering. Cigarette breaks are my only relief during the work day bc I can warm up.

Some days I'll decide "fuck it, I'm gonna score tonight" and then completely change my mind once I leave work and get into a car where I can control the climate because I will then feel fine. It's that powerful of a symptom for me.

Any advice on how to get body temp regulated besides wearing shit loads of clothes in june?

LadyH- SAME. I hate this cold feeling because it's always my first symptom withdrawal is coming. I get goosebumps and cannot get warm to save my life. I probably do the same as everyone else- I have layers of clothes, a heating pad that I literally lay on top of with my bare back or legs, this rice sock thing I heat in my microwave, hot coffee or chocolate, sitting in the sun and baking myself, or boiling myself in the bathtub. If I have to go somewhere, I do take Lopermide (like 10mg) because I don't want to deal with unexpected stomach gurgling (so sorry, but it's the truth lol) I notice that I don't have the goosebumps and chills as bad. It could be totally in my head, but i'm fine with that because it does seem to make me feel better either way. I also get zero nausea or RLS. It's mostly my body feeling 1,000lbs, muscle aching, extreme cold feeling, and severe mood swings/crying fits. :?

Hi CEB,

How was your day? I hope you're not still in Siberia needing your winter clothes??? ; )

animals-penguin-coat-warm_coat-parka-cold-rdln343_low.jpg

Ash.

Found a hidden Percocet. Immediately took it with no second thought...got EXTREMELY sick. I felt sick, dizzy, then vomited everywhere and then spent the rest of the day in bed feeling foggy and sick to my stomach. Yay! :(

Hahaha,

PERFECT CEB. Just as it should be. ; ) I really believe the slip ups and the struggles and all the shit involved in the quit are just part of the journey. Part of recovery. You're moving forward and you have a great attitude and I KNOW one day you will look back on all of this and say I DID IT!!!!

Here for always CEB,
your friend Ashley.

Found a hidden Percocet. Immediately took it with no second thought...got EXTREMELY sick. I felt sick, dizzy, then vomited everywhere and then spent the rest of the day in bed feeling foggy and sick to my stomach. Yay! :(